Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those boys need a good rest, another huge effort but looked out 22:47 - Feb 20 with 866 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

on their feet at times. Makes me proud to see our players pushing through like that though.

God knows what miracles they’ll work over the next few days so they can go again!

And is there a world where we keep Hutchinson??? I really hope so

Poll: Is Billm….

Those boys need a good rest, another huge effort but looked out on 22:49 - Feb 20 with 832 viewstonybied

In a world where we achieve promotion I think it's possible he could stay.
Those boys need a good rest, another huge effort but looked out on 23:37 - Feb 20 with 708 viewsTheBoyBlue

This squad has been full on for nearly two seasons now, no games without meaning since the end of 2021-22. It's perhaps not surprising they're feeling it!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Those boys need a good rest, another huge effort but looked out on 23:45 - Feb 20 with 671 views_clive_baker_

Don’t think it should be underestimated how demanding it is to go to Millwall, then Swansea, then host Rotherham in the space of 6 days. A lot of travel, some big physical tests on heavy pitches, but we’ve come out with 9 points. Feels like 1 more to get through on Saturday before we get a week to prep for the next game and a chance to hit reset a little bit.

All about the results though, win on Saturday then draw a bit of a line under a grueller of a schedule.
Those boys need a good rest, another huge effort but looked out on 07:57 - Feb 21 with 490 viewsNutkins_Return

Those boys need a good rest, another huge effort but looked out on 23:45 - Feb 20 by _clive_baker_

Don’t think it should be underestimated how demanding it is to go to Millwall, then Swansea, then host Rotherham in the space of 6 days. A lot of travel, some big physical tests on heavy pitches, but we’ve come out with 9 points. Feels like 1 more to get through on Saturday before we get a week to prep for the next game and a chance to hit reset a little bit.

All about the results though, win on Saturday then draw a bit of a line under a grueller of a schedule.

I do agree but the problem is there were some poor things that fatigue doesn't really explain. Broadhead, Luongo, Tuanzebe all didn't really add energy when they came on which was strange and Hladky can't really blame fatigue for his clanger (and nearly costly additional clanger in first half scrambling to keep a ball in and giving it to them).

It was such a strange performance but I do think McKenna will have the right words and analysis with the team for us to learn the lessons. We then need to just move on. Strange performances happen and we got away with one luckily. Birmingham is a massive challenge before a full week recovery.
Those boys need a good rest, another huge effort but looked out on 08:24 - Feb 21 with 426 viewsChurchman

Those boys need a good rest, another huge effort but looked out on 07:57 - Feb 21 by Nutkins_Return

I do agree but the problem is there were some poor things that fatigue doesn't really explain. Broadhead, Luongo, Tuanzebe all didn't really add energy when they came on which was strange and Hladky can't really blame fatigue for his clanger (and nearly costly additional clanger in first half scrambling to keep a ball in and giving it to them).

It was such a strange performance but I do think McKenna will have the right words and analysis with the team for us to learn the lessons. We then need to just move on. Strange performances happen and we got away with one luckily. Birmingham is a massive challenge before a full week recovery.

They’ll be fine. There’s an extra day to recover before Sat. Three matches in seven days, (four in eleven) is a big ask. I was hoping they would put Rovrum away early as they did Millwall, to give the players a training-style break, but it wasn’t to be.

But despite that and that three of the four were not the strongest sides, ten points is a brilliant achievement and has got the entitled three agitated. Oh dear, never mind..

The other thing I noticed was West Brom’s result at Plymouth. They completely destroyed them. Albion are by no means the worst team in the Championship and it suggests to me that the draw at home with them wasn’t the worst result ever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024