Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought the crowd were excellent last night 14:44 - Feb 21 with 1225 viewsMaySixth

Got behind the team when they were losing, backed them the whole game, deserved their reward at the end.

Brilliant stuff.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Thought the crowd were excellent last night on 15:12 - Feb 21 with 1137 viewsgeg1992

In the last 30 mins, I had quite the opposite feeling in SAR upper. People were moaning and really getting on the players backs like I've not seen for a long time.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Thought the crowd were excellent last night on 15:16 - Feb 21 with 1093 viewsburnbudgiesburn

I thought the opposite, we had played risky football up until the 35th minute but had managed to create 5 chances. After that the crowd idiotically got nervous everytime and we started to go longer and longer to no great effect.

Might need a McKenna intervention to remind a % of our fans inside PR that this is how we play.
Thought the crowd were excellent last night on 15:23 - Feb 21 with 1049 viewsBattersea_Blue

Thought the crowd were excellent last night on 15:12 - Feb 21 by geg1992

In the last 30 mins, I had quite the opposite feeling in SAR upper. People were moaning and really getting on the players backs like I've not seen for a long time.

I live in Thailand, so was watching on Town TV.

There were definitely some angst picked up after their 2nd went in, probably a reaction to the ridiculous decision Vaz made. He's awful at dominating his area and the one time he chooses to do it is the wrong bloody time. That worries me as I think now he'll be even more reluctant to come for crosses when there's bodies in the way.

But back to the crowd, after that, there was a definite shift in the crowd mood that came over on TV. Not toxic by any stretch, it was more like "what the hell is happening, how can we be so poor"? Don't know how you make a noise pertaining to that, but it came over as disbelief to start with, then anxiety, followed by unhappiness.

Obviously great that we got the winner within a couple of minutes as I did wonder what the crowd reaction would have been if that tosser of a ref had blown for full time at 3-3.
Thought the crowd were excellent last night on 15:33 - Feb 21 with 1005 viewsDarkHorse

Not sure about that. Far too many who still don't understand that we play out from the back, and their nervousness/annoyance really isn't helping the likes of Hladky and Woolfy when they're having a tough game.
Thought the crowd were excellent last night on 15:36 - Feb 21 with 970 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Guy on Blue Monday said crowd were poor and added to the tension. Also Woolfy's reaction to the crowd for the goal (not the first time from one of our players) seem to suggest they might want more of a vocal backing when the game isn't going our way.
Thought the crowd were excellent last night on 15:36 - Feb 21 with 960 viewstractorboy1978

Thought the crowd were excellent last night on 15:33 - Feb 21 by DarkHorse

Not sure about that. Far too many who still don't understand that we play out from the back, and their nervousness/annoyance really isn't helping the likes of Hladky and Woolfy when they're having a tough game.

I totally get how we play and you won't find a bigger admirer of it than me but I thought some of our playing out from the back last night was a bit stupid to be fair. There was a good 20-25 minute spell in the second half when we just kept giving it away and playing silly passes. We were so loose. It was verging on suicidal. McKenna eventually changed it and we started going longer.
[Post edited 21 Feb 15:37]
Thought the crowd were excellent last night on 15:47 - Feb 21 with 874 viewsSheffordBlue

I thought the support after the early goal was really good. The number of misplaced passes (our worst pass completion rate all season was last night), silly free-kicks and corners, etc just led to rising levels of frustration that started to grow within the crowd and were quite audible.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Thought the crowd were excellent last night on 15:49 - Feb 21 with 857 viewsheavyweight

I think there is a parallel to be drawn with the England cricket team and Bazball. There is a time and a place for it, but also a time and match situation when it doesn't hurt to be a bit more circumspect.

I'm not a football expert, like many on here, and generally like the playing out from the back. It does make me wince slightly though when Town have had difficult periods in the game and the players come out afterwards and say they stuck to their principles. Part of those principles should be knowing when to launch it rather than playing a square ball across our area to no great benefit even if it does come off.

It's always said that they are brave on the ball but there is a fine line between bravery and foolhardiness. Not sure that the teams and management's line is in the same place as the crowds ( and mine).
Login to get fewer ads

Thought the crowd were excellent last night on 16:24 - Feb 21 with 715 viewshomer_123

Thought the crowd were excellent last night on 15:36 - Feb 21 by tractorboy1978

I totally get how we play and you won't find a bigger admirer of it than me but I thought some of our playing out from the back last night was a bit stupid to be fair. There was a good 20-25 minute spell in the second half when we just kept giving it away and playing silly passes. We were so loose. It was verging on suicidal. McKenna eventually changed it and we started going longer.
[Post edited 21 Feb 15:37]

Who tried to dink their forward in the second half, was it Wolfy or Clarke? A dink chip...I mean WTF?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024