Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shamima Begum loses appeal 10:32 - Feb 23 with 5265 viewsblueasfook

I guess the appeal judges didn't buy the "child trafficking" defence

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 09:46 - Feb 24 with 1544 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 08:24 - Feb 24 by blueasfook

State of you, you mean. Like you'd give a spare room to a returning member of ISIS from Syria. You do talk a lot of bollix pal.

As I said.....your comfort zone....indignant outrage! Some see a 15 year old girl who lost several children and others see a demon. What do you fear she might do once back?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 10:39 - Feb 24 with 1497 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 09:46 - Feb 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

As I said.....your comfort zone....indignant outrage! Some see a 15 year old girl who lost several children and others see a demon. What do you fear she might do once back?

“What do you fear she might do once back?”

We don’t know do we which is why proper due course needs to take place. We’ve already had a number of tragedies (including the MEN arena bombing, and London Bridge attack) which were in part due to the authorities underestimating the threat level.

As an aside, you mention her dead children, but what of those of ISIS victims in Syria and Iraq, to suicide bombers, and the sadistic ‘morality police’ of which she was a part. What sort of message is that to those victims if she comes back to no trial and lives in your back room?
Shamima Begum loses appeal on 10:55 - Feb 24 with 1490 viewsblueasfook

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 10:39 - Feb 24 by SuperKieranMcKenna

We don’t know do we which is why proper due course needs to take place. We’ve already had a number of tragedies (including the MEN arena bombing, and London Bridge attack) which were in part due to the authorities underestimating the threat level.

As an aside, you mention her dead children, but what of those of ISIS victims in Syria and Iraq, to suicide bombers, and the sadistic ‘morality police’ of which she was a part. What sort of message is that to those victims if she comes back to no trial and lives in your back room?

He's also conveniently ignoring the MI5 evidence that was presented in her appeals. They'll know exactly what she got up to while she was mixed up with ISIS. Hence, she's been assessed as a national security threat.

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 11:28 - Feb 24 with 1438 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'm pretty sure a 15 year old girl got lured there, got married off, had some children and watched them die. You seem to be applying guilt by association.
To let you into a secret I'm pretty sure that if she's allowed back the authorities won't be letting her stay at mine but my comment does imply the risk I think she would be to us all. Let's face it her life would likely be at more risk than any of ours.

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 11:49 - Feb 24 with 1398 viewsJ2BLUE

Precisely this.

What a stupid question.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 12:10 - Feb 24 with 1330 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 11:49 - Feb 24 by J2BLUE

Precisely this.

What a stupid question.

Are there monsters under your bed J2?
But you are right, she's likely pure evil and will avoid the public/media scrutiny slip out of prison, avoid MI5 and 6, resist all the best efforts to finally reintegrate her into society and carry out some monstrous crime.
Probably best leave her overseas.

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 12:18 - Feb 24 with 1305 viewsJ2BLUE

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 12:10 - Feb 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Are there monsters under your bed J2?
But you are right, she's likely pure evil and will avoid the public/media scrutiny slip out of prison, avoid MI5 and 6, resist all the best efforts to finally reintegrate her into society and carry out some monstrous crime.
Probably best leave her overseas.

You're being a bit silly. All I am saying is she does pose a threat. I have not claimed she is pure evil.

I think she will be allowed back without going to court again after the election.

Truly impaired.

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 12:55 - Feb 24 with 1242 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 11:28 - Feb 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

I'm pretty sure a 15 year old girl got lured there, got married off, had some children and watched them die. You seem to be applying guilt by association.
To let you into a secret I'm pretty sure that if she's allowed back the authorities won't be letting her stay at mine but my comment does imply the risk I think she would be to us all. Let's face it her life would likely be at more risk than any of ours.

At least I can sleep well at night knowing you are suitably informed, and qualified to make that assessment…
Login to get fewer ads

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 13:20 - Feb 24 with 1204 viewsblueasfook

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 12:55 - Feb 24 by SuperKieranMcKenna

At least I can sleep well at night knowing you are suitably informed, and qualified to make that assessment…

This is the same poster who described the recent acid attacker as "desperate and vulnerable". He really doesn't live in the real world.

Best ignored. You won't get him to see sense. He's too far gone I'm afraid.

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 14:12 - Feb 24 with 1128 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 13:20 - Feb 24 by blueasfook

This is the same poster who described the recent acid attacker as "desperate and vulnerable". He really doesn't live in the real world.

A link to that would be fun!!

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 14:55 - Feb 24 with 1096 viewsleitrimblue

Zero tolerance to bullying
Shamima Begum loses appeal on 18:20 - Feb 24 with 1006 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 14:55 - Feb 24 by leitrimblue

Zero tolerance to bullying

And a tendency to fabricate quotes.

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 21:09 - Feb 24 with 945 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I may need to employ a slander solicitor. Watch out Phil.

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 07:59 - Feb 25 with 865 viewsJimmy86

I'm sorry to say that I'm not onboard with any of this in the slightest.. she went out there, knowing what she was going out there for... Yes she was young at the time, but she knew she was going out to Syria and ISIS... The security services and Home Office rightly deem her as a threat to national security, based on her connection with ISIS and her involvement with that cell, whilst out there.. this country then, for once, showed some balls and not only prevented her from returning, but also removed her British citizenship to stop this from happening.. she can have appeal, after appeal, she rightfully should not be allowed back, based on the threat she poses to national security!
Shamima Begum loses appeal on 08:37 - Feb 25 with 838 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 07:59 - Feb 25 by Jimmy86

I'm sorry to say that I'm not onboard with any of this in the slightest.. she went out there, knowing what she was going out there for... Yes she was young at the time, but she knew she was going out to Syria and ISIS... The security services and Home Office rightly deem her as a threat to national security, based on her connection with ISIS and her involvement with that cell, whilst out there.. this country then, for once, showed some balls and not only prevented her from returning, but also removed her British citizenship to stop this from happening.. she can have appeal, after appeal, she rightfully should not be allowed back, based on the threat she poses to national security!

When you consider the 3 to 400 that have been allowed to return from Syria you have to wonder if her biggest mistake was to become a news story with her two friends.

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 08:54 - Feb 25 with 812 viewsJimmy86

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 08:37 - Feb 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

When you consider the 3 to 400 that have been allowed to return from Syria you have to wonder if her biggest mistake was to become a news story with her two friends.

I'd be as equally as worried about those that have returned to the UK, it they had been out there for that purpose... The home office took the unprecedented step of revoking Begum's citizenship and to me that does suggest exceptional circumstances.

Having thought about it, Begum was young and impressionable and more likely to be indoctrinated and has sadly got caught up in all of this, as a result
[Post edited 25 Feb 8:55]
Shamima Begum loses appeal on 16:10 - Feb 25 with 730 viewsMercian

Putting aside how dangerous or radicalised she may or may not be she has been made an example of by The Government. Many who have been more complicit have been re-patriated and gone through the justice system. The Government has sent out a message saying "If we can do this to a 15 year old child we can do this to you!" But they have not done this to the "you"as most who have left for similar reasons after Begum and wished to return have been allowed to do so. There seems to a war on children brewing over the last few years like children being dealt with more harshly by the courts and receiving longer sentences than adults for the same offences. There seem to be posters here who agree with this sentiment.
[Post edited 25 Feb 16:11]
Shamima Begum loses appeal on 16:20 - Feb 25 with 695 viewsJ2BLUE

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 08:37 - Feb 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

There's no question that was the case. Sky going to find her and interviewing her was the worst thing that could have happened for her.

Truly impaired.

Shamima Begum loses appeal on 16:29 - Feb 25 with 673 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I agree with you, she is absolutely our problem, she should be returned here. Jailed, one would assume for treason, but thats just a guess as to what charges might be brought.

Whatever the charge, I would imagine that she would be jailed for an incredibly long time, likely as a 'warning' to others.

But, I'm not sure I would be so quick to make any assumptions on the trafficking defence. Firstly, it's been proven in court multiple times, that she acted on her own impulse and 'sought out' the ISIS fighters to converse with, she's even said herself that she was 'inspired by videos of beheadings' and "would have allowed her children to become ISIS fighters".

Thats one thing, but not really enough to convict. However, she did say in 2019, in an interview, when asked where she expected to be in seven years time, and this is a direct quote:

Q: Where do you expect to be in seven years?
A: In the camps.
Q: Really? So you don't expect to be allowed to return to Britain?
A: No?
Q: Why is that?
A: Because of what I did, and because I am going to have to accept the consequences of my actions.

But, you are right that if she is returned here and I assume sent to Prison, her life will be in danger from the word go, and she'll likely be kept away from the general population for her whole life. We should bring her back and deal with her, but, how we can do that safely, and justly is open to interpretation.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024