Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hate VAR so much 16:31 - Feb 25 with 2946 viewsBlueschev

It’s completely ruined the greatest thing about football. What idiots wanted this crap?
I hate VAR so much on 14:25 - Feb 26 with 307 viewsPilgrimblue

I hate VAR so much on 13:14 - Feb 26 by YarraBlue

One more for the "I hate VAR" camp.
Bloody awful thing. Refereeing decisions, rightly or wrongly, sometimes go against you. Grow up, accept it and carry on.

It's infected the A League over here as well (because they have to be seen to be a 'proper' league - just like the Premiership), and it just slows down an already pedestrian level of football.

I'd wholeheartedly support someone taking VAR somewhere quiet and doing away with it.

Count me in too. Even with VAR it’s still down to humans judgement so really no better. I’ve long supported the ban or restriction on offside. Drawing a three quarter line would help.

As for cheating players. Retrospective bans if missed by officials on the day or 10 minute off pitch for excessive/theatrical stunts if then player jumps back up with little sign of any injury.
I hate VAR so much on 19:03 - Feb 26 with 246 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Truly woeful. Glad it's only in the Premier League right now.
I hate VAR so much on 19:13 - Feb 26 with 241 viewsbritbiker

I hate VAR so much on 09:26 - Feb 26 by _clive_baker_

Its absolute dross and does nothing to enhance a supporter experience. I heard Howard Webb crowing that 40 otherwise incorrect goal related decisions were overturned as a result of VAR in the 1st half of the season, thus supposedly justifying its existence. Seems a very one sided cost reward analysis to me. I think that's more than offset by sanitising the game to such a degree that decisions are poured over, reviewed for several minutes before making a decision, removing that opportunity for fans to celebrate goals safe in the knowledge its actually going to stand.

It's like saying there would be less accidents on the road if speed limits on A roads were 20mph. I'm sure there would but it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

Yes but if the speed limit was 10 mph there would be even less accidents.
I get your point -)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024