Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers 06:13 - Feb 28 with 7493 viewsgtsb1966

but this is bonkers. If people take offence to that they're the ones with the problem not BR.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68416265
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 06:47 - Feb 28 with 3937 viewsBuhrer

Its not at all bonkers. Its clearly negative petulant labelling as a child might use fleeing an argument with an adult, it looks like he's used it to degrade and intimidate junior professionals in a public professional environment. The man looks at best just a bit thick. A modern lesson for your consideration.
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:03 - Feb 28 with 3868 viewsMeadowlark

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 06:47 - Feb 28 by Buhrer

Its not at all bonkers. Its clearly negative petulant labelling as a child might use fleeing an argument with an adult, it looks like he's used it to degrade and intimidate junior professionals in a public professional environment. The man looks at best just a bit thick. A modern lesson for your consideration.

Wow!
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:17 - Feb 28 with 3804 viewsgtsb1966

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:18 - Feb 28 with 3802 viewsSitfcB

So, so stupid ffs.

Something over nothing as usual these days.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:22 - Feb 28 with 3775 viewsrodney76

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:18 - Feb 28 by SitfcB

So, so stupid ffs.

Two potentially dangerous wars taking place.
Cost of living crisis with high energy prices
Homeless numbers increase by the day.

I could go on.

They get worked up about this trifling thing. Poor girl, ok she felt insulted, so what? That's the least of the problems she might face.
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:28 - Feb 28 with 3733 viewsSitfcB

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:22 - Feb 28 by rodney76

I could go on.

They get worked up about this trifling thing. Poor girl, ok she felt insulted, so what? That's the least of the problems she might face.

The thing is, she didn’t feel insulted or offended, someone else did on her behalf. Even more stupid.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:29 - Feb 28 with 3718 viewsMattinLondon

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:22 - Feb 28 by rodney76

I could go on.

Did you read the article? She wasn’t insulted or offended by what he said.
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:31 - Feb 28 with 3714 viewsMattinLondon

Nah. He just wanted to leave the interview and said it as he rushed off. He clearly didn’t want to answer any questions, and judging by her initial reaction, she didn’t find offence at all.
Login to get fewer ads

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:35 - Feb 28 with 3689 viewsRobTheMonk

Velociraptors have feelings too.
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:40 - Feb 28 with 3669 viewsHerbivore

Calling a female professional journalist "good girl" for doing her job is pretty condescending, I don't think that's exactly a controversial view. As ever, a lot more energy seems to be being expended on outrage that this has been highlighted than on outrage at what he's said. There's one feminist organisation saying it's casual sexism and asking him to explain what he meant by it, nobody is saying he should be strung up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:44 - Feb 28 with 3638 viewsredrickstuhaart

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:31 - Feb 28 by MattinLondon

Nah. He just wanted to leave the interview and said it as he rushed off. He clearly didn’t want to answer any questions, and judging by her initial reaction, she didn’t find offence at all.

However- you try saying good girl to cut off a professional colleague at work and see where it lands you.

Of course its patronising.
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:46 - Feb 28 with 3620 viewsle2blue

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:18 - Feb 28 by SitfcB

So, so stupid ffs.

Don't disagree....but can you imagine Kieran saying that? Brendan should rise above and have some class!
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 08:26 - Feb 28 with 3436 viewscressi

The world has gone mad live and let live , today people are offended by anything someone says. I was brought up sticks and stones will break your bones But words will never hurt you. There is a lot of today's world I don't like.
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 08:31 - Feb 28 with 3406 viewsZapers

I couldn't agree more, crazy!

And you got a down vote, says it all really;)
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 08:31 - Feb 28 with 3404 viewsHerbivore

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 08:26 - Feb 28 by cressi

The world has gone mad live and let live , today people are offended by anything someone says. I was brought up sticks and stones will break your bones But words will never hurt you. There is a lot of today's world I don't like.

I have to talk a lot in my work, to large numbers of people and to people from a diverse range of backgrounds. To date, nobody has ever accused me of saying anything offensive, so it seems like actually you can say lots of stuff without anyone taking offence.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

You were much more fun… on 08:35 - Feb 28 with 3373 viewsBloots

…when you just posted pictures of knockers.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 08:36 - Feb 28 with 3367 viewsBuhrer

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 08:26 - Feb 28 by cressi

Words never hurt? Hmmmm I'm thinking you've never heard words thrown professionally.

Regardless of whether they do or not, as a young man finding my way I knew when a older man with status, rather than help or just be indifferent, spoke down and belittled me publicly, and I knew that was because they were a prick. This is not bonkers revolutionary thinking imo. If people want to minutes hate/culture war into it crack onzzz
You were much more fun… on 08:36 - Feb 28 with 3357 viewsBuhrer

You were much more fun… on 08:35 - Feb 28 by Bloots

…when you just posted pictures of knockers.

So was the world blooters x
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 08:44 - Feb 28 with 3294 viewstractorboy1978

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:46 - Feb 28 by le2blue

Don't disagree....but can you imagine Kieran saying that? Brendan should rise above and have some class!

Quite. I've heard him say 'good lad' in a condescending manner too. It's not sexist, it's just being a bit of a bell end.
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 08:44 - Feb 28 with 3290 viewspointofblue

I wonder if he would have said "good boy" to a male journalist?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 08:49 - Feb 28 with 3261 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 08:44 - Feb 28 by pointofblue

I wonder if he would have said "good boy" to a male journalist?

I say “Good lad” to people all the time. I’ve yet to make the local news.
However, the dog looks like he might be on the verge of making a complaint.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 08:50 - Feb 28 with 3255 viewsnodge_blue

I think it was a silly thing to say. He was a bit under pressure and maybe that didn’t help but it clearly wasn’t the best choice of words.

If it was a male interviewer and he finished with good man nobody would have raised an eyebrow though. And that choice of language is seen as just saying thanks.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 08:51 - Feb 28 with 3245 viewsZapers

But it's ok to publicly refer to the man as being "a bit thick"

But it's ok for you to condescendingly tell the op "A modern lesson for your consideration"

Righto, see what we are dealing with here.
I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 08:52 - Feb 28 with 3238 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:28 - Feb 28 by SitfcB

The thing is, she didn’t feel insulted or offended, someone else did on her behalf. Even more stupid.

She's a jock, she isn't as insecure as the English.

I think Brendan should have patted her on the arse as he left the interview as a "Thank you" gesture

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 09:12 - Feb 28 with 3115 viewsNutkins_Return

I'm not a fan of Brendan Rodgers on 07:40 - Feb 28 by Herbivore

Calling a female professional journalist "good girl" for doing her job is pretty condescending, I don't think that's exactly a controversial view. As ever, a lot more energy seems to be being expended on outrage that this has been highlighted than on outrage at what he's said. There's one feminist organisation saying it's casual sexism and asking him to explain what he meant by it, nobody is saying he should be strung up.

I don't think this is helpful though. We just have a society that sits on one side of the fence and zero middle ground or reasonableness from anyone. It's either "it's a disgrace" or "the world's gone mad". Your now fuelling the argument saying its the other side that is more out raged "no you're more outraged", "no you are".

What's happened is Brendan hasn't meant anything by it but used a slightly silly phrase. Those organisations come out with really over the top condemnation of it have made this incendiary. They could have made contact with Brendan and just said something discretely or they could have at worst just said started with "we appreciate Brendan didn't mean anything offensive and we've spoken to the journalist in question who found no offence but we felt it went wanted to address....". People no longer start from a point of understanding or with a willingness to accept nobody is perfect etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024