Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse 14:52 - Feb 28 with 1061 viewsWeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68380445

The online abuse seems to have started with Joey Barton, and he is making money out of it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse on 15:04 - Feb 28 with 1006 viewsBlueBadger

They just have Very Real Concerns.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse on 15:11 - Feb 28 with 986 viewsGeoffSentence

It is directly far more disturbing, but the underlying patronising attitude shown by Brendan Rodger's 'good girl' comment contributes to Joey Barton levels of venom taking place.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse on 15:13 - Feb 28 with 971 viewsWeWereZombies

I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse on 15:04 - Feb 28 by BlueBadger

They just have Very Real Concerns.

If you read down the article to the abuser Marianna Spring tracked down you will find that there is not even that type of justification. It is a wretched situation of old guys (can I say that ? after all I am one...) looking for a reaction and not being aware of the mental effect it can have on their target.

I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse on 15:15 - Feb 28 with 955 viewsBlueBadger

I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse on 15:13 - Feb 28 by WeWereZombies

If you read down the article to the abuser Marianna Spring tracked down you will find that there is not even that type of justification. It is a wretched situation of old guys (can I say that ? after all I am one...) looking for a reaction and not being aware of the mental effect it can have on their target.

I strongly suspect that they know exactly the effect they're having and either don't care, or are actively looking for this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse on 15:21 - Feb 28 with 931 viewsWeWereZombies

I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse on 15:11 - Feb 28 by GeoffSentence

It is directly far more disturbing, but the underlying patronising attitude shown by Brendan Rodger's 'good girl' comment contributes to Joey Barton levels of venom taking place.

I see it as a different issue, this is what I posted in reply to Phil on page three of the other thread:

'He was clearly annoyed (but only mildly annoyed) about the direction the interview was taking and wanted to convey (in my opinion) that the interviewer had not taken his initial response onboard and was trying to get a personal take from Rodgers about how he felt about his recent critics. He didn't want to inflame a delicate situation and, by the look of it, wanted to get back to the dressing room without delay to continue a post match post mortem on what had been an unconvincing win. So the 'good girl' was an impatient short cut that I took as meaning 'you have played to a set of your viewers (and maybe a studio boss) who want to see me wound up and you have moved the words slightly each time, well done you...'

I think an argument can be made that Jane Lewis was also being patronising towards Rodgers and, as she was nominally in charge of the interview, she pushed that particular point too far.'

In an interview situation Jane Lewis and Brendan Rodgers are face to face, they each know each other's jobs and they can trade remarks on a level footing (she has control of the mic but he has control of what people want to know.) Online it is different, Aluko (Sone's sister and an accomplished footballer in her own right from an early age) does not know who is dismissing her and why they are doing it.
[Post edited 28 Feb 15:34]

I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse on 15:30 - Feb 28 with 885 viewsWeWereZombies

I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse on 15:15 - Feb 28 by BlueBadger

I strongly suspect that they know exactly the effect they're having and either don't care, or are actively looking for this.

I disagree and tend towards the Hannah Arendt 'banality of evil' view, which I know is more complex than it sounds. However, there are a lot of bored and lonely and ill-informed people in the World and social media gives them an opportunity for some kind, any kind, of connection. They really do not know what they are doing - but the puppet masters who work for Trump and Putin et al do know pretty much what they are doing and have a large pool of the disaffected to manipulate.

I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse on 17:22 - Feb 28 with 730 viewsIllinoisblue

Twitter and Facebook are both guilty of allowing and amplifying hate. You can block and report trolls and fake accounts as much as you like but nothing ever happens. Rage and hate sells.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse on 19:00 - Feb 28 with 586 viewsFtnfwest

I find this far more disturbing than Rodgers' 'good girl' aside, Eni Aluko abuse on 15:11 - Feb 28 by GeoffSentence

It’s a fair point and worth pointing out, good lad
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024