Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hold on to yourselves 10:23 - Mar 10 with 858 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I've only popped on this morning, ahead of the making sure that the wife feels the kids love her enough, but the levels of panic that seem to have hit some of us is unreal.

So, I'll spell it out.

- We are in a four way fight with the three best funded teams in the league
- No other team without that level of funding is even coming close
- The likelihood is, we'll be in the playoffs, automatics, although amazing would take a monumental effort
- If someone told you we'd be in the playoffs at the start of the season, you'd have taken it
- Most posters thought we'd be mid-table ready for a play off push next year
- The teams finishing 3rd and 4th will be in the final.
- There are no other teams likely to be in the playoffs that we need to be scared of
- We're two years ahead of the curve
- We play amazing, exciting attacking football
- But that style of football invites teams to score goals against us
- Its still better football than we've seen in a decade
- Calm down.
[Post edited 10 Mar 10:27]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Hold on to yourselves on 10:27 - Mar 10 with 811 viewsnorfsufblue

I'll try!... im disappointed but still excited and I'm going to hate international week as usual!
Hold on to yourselves on 10:47 - Mar 10 with 748 viewsWestSussexBlue

Whilst I agree with most of that, over Two legs the team that finishes Sixth historically has the momentum and is a real threat. Playing devils advocate here, would we feel confident enough against them lot up the road should it come to it? They’ve already avoided defeat at our place this season and the pressure would certainly all be on us.
Also, Two years ahead of the curve, where is this stated?
Hold on to yourselves on 10:55 - Mar 10 with 728 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Hold on to yourselves on 10:47 - Mar 10 by WestSussexBlue

Whilst I agree with most of that, over Two legs the team that finishes Sixth historically has the momentum and is a real threat. Playing devils advocate here, would we feel confident enough against them lot up the road should it come to it? They’ve already avoided defeat at our place this season and the pressure would certainly all be on us.

Like I said. Calm down.

Two days ago, we were going up automatically, and now according to some, including you it seems. That lot up the road are going to beat us in the Semi's, something that literally no-one would be saying if we'd won yesterday.

Hold on to yourselves on 10:57 - Mar 10 with 720 viewsHerbivore

History doesn't really show that, sides finishing 6th are statistically the least likely to win the play offs, teams finishing 3rd are the most likely to win them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hold on to yourselves on 11:01 - Mar 10 with 702 viewsKeno

Hold on to yourselves on 10:55 - Mar 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Like I said. Calm down.

Two days ago, we were going up automatically, and now according to some, including you it seems. That lot up the road are going to beat us in the Semi's, something that literally no-one would be saying if we'd won yesterday.

Worlds ending init mate

we cant defend

luckily we have just enough points to avoid relegation

Them 'up road are now worldbeaters and we should give them the 3 points rather than bother to play that game

actually yesterday just had the feel of being 'one game too many' on the the next one and COYBs!!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Hold on to yourselves on 11:05 - Mar 10 with 688 viewsWestSussexBlue

Hold on to yourselves on 10:55 - Mar 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Like I said. Calm down.

Who says I’m not calm?
I’m merely stating facts. Never have I assumed automatic promotion is done and dusted for us, if anything it’s getting tougher because of the relentless efforts of others. As a matter of interest, how do you see the result going at Carrot Road?
Hold on to yourselves on 11:06 - Mar 10 with 681 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Hold on to yourselves on 11:05 - Mar 10 by WestSussexBlue

Who says I’m not calm?
I’m merely stating facts. Never have I assumed automatic promotion is done and dusted for us, if anything it’s getting tougher because of the relentless efforts of others. As a matter of interest, how do you see the result going at Carrot Road?

We'll win. Why wouldn't we?

Hold on to yourselves on 13:55 - Mar 10 with 549 viewsbadadski

Hold on to yourselves on 11:06 - Mar 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

We'll win. Why wouldn't we?

Ipswich take each game as it comes and we react to each game as it comes and yesterday was
Not a good example of how we have set up and played for the majority of the season - I appreciate they are humans and I think rightly so pressure will be felt By most regardless of what they say - just the disappointment in the way we conceded the first which of course most likely led to second was the headrest thing to get over - so many points leading to the goal should have been prevented especially as it was the 94th minute

As they say dust our selves down and move on as so much more to play for but hope on rewatches of the game they pick out the moments that should have been dealt with so much better -
Login to get fewer ads

Hold on to yourselves on 14:28 - Mar 10 with 518 viewsVegtablue

That's a myth WSB, I'm pleased to reassure you.

In the past 15 seasons, 6th has lost 12 semi-finals, 2 finals and won once (Blackpool in 2009/10).

We've lost 7 out of 8 PO SFs in our history, an unwanted record (most appearances and most losses in the 2nd Div), including three occasions from 3rd, which is probably how you've gained your impression that 6th typically overperforms. This is a less reassuring paragraph, granted. 😅
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024