Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move 10:32 - Mar 13 with 14897 viewsMattinLondon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68552407

The Tories have sunk to even lower - wonder how low they can go.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 08:35 - Mar 19 with 1165 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 07:58 - Mar 15 by MattinLondon

That entire paragraph is a tad confusing for me.

I haven’t any children currently in secondary education so the national curriculum isn’t on the forefront of my thoughts. But I do have friends who have children of GCSE age and I’ve never heard them complain about discrimination against them on the basis of race. For clarity, they are white.

The other sentences - The other big problem is that it increases racial tensions for white people to feel like they are prosecuted for racial abuse, but not protected from it. It would be understandable for people to resent that.

Can you please give some examples of this? As I’m not entirely sure that racism against white people is that serious a problem. But if you have a couple examples then it’ll be interesting to read.

Matt, I'm assuming you are white from the way you have been talking about race, so I hope that's not offensive. You said "I’m not entirely sure that racism against white people is that serious a problem" to me that sounds like racism against white people is not an issue that you have to deal with. Racism against black people doesn't really affect me personally, but I still acknowledge that is not an insignificant problem. To be fair racism against white people doesn't affect me that much either. When I said "Racism against white people is more problematic on many levels" I was directly addressing the issue of people refusing to believe that racism against white people is a problem, and I already elaborated on the problem of racially abusing the majority, a more extreme example of that is Zimbabwe and even South Africa where white farmers were murdered as a retaliation for historical societal racism and repression of black people.

Maybe you weren't aware of the grooming gangs in Rotherham etc., so I will forgive your ignorance on that horrific example of anti-white racism. The fear in the police against being accused of racism cannot be called institutionalized racism, but it is an institutional problem that results in the continued racial and sexual abuse of vulnerable girls.

There is a general current on this forum as well as society in general that white people are not allowed to talk about race, or even that the concept of racism against white people is nonsense. My whole point is that we need to treat people the same regardless of race and we have to take racial abuse seriously against anyone.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 08:36 - Mar 19 with 1165 viewsChorleyBoy

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:42 - Mar 15 by leitrimblue

Sorry, don't have time to read these links etc now, but will try to later if get time.

I think the important and interesting line from yer post is the paragraph near the bottom in bold type.
I think I have to agree with you, that politicians from all sides don't really seem to take racism as seriously as they could and instead seem to be using it as a political tool.

In my opinion this is a worrying and frightening development for all minority groups and society in general

The linked articles are certainly worth a read.
It's clear that GB hasn't read them either because that's why he thinks that I'm muddying the waters on antisemitism. The Guardian article written a Jewish academic would clarify everything for him but it's far more convenient for the Zionist agenda to keep the waters as muddy as possible. It's a dangerous game to play as the article goes at some length to explain.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 08:43 - Mar 19 with 1133 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:49 - Mar 15 by giant_stow

I can't see how any rational person could argue against that - why would *anyone* want another 5 years of this?

I don't think anyone wants another 5 years of the same. The problem is that most people now are voting against the other side rather than for someone who inspires them, there is no positive message or movement. Most people on here who will vote Labour are talking about how bad the Tories are. I won't vote because I don't live in England anymore. Labour and Starmer will be more of the same, and you don't want a Labour government in tough economic times. I don't like the Tories either. It is actually good for a party to be defeated and then they can reform around something that the people actually want rather than pursuing their Westminster bubble concerns.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 08:55 - Mar 19 with 1112 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:35 - Mar 15 by leitrimblue

You have tried in vain to justify and minimise Hesters vile racist comments.
You have then spouted more bigoted nonsense about travellers.
Now your spouting your white boys are the worst victims of racism b0ll0x.
I think its fair to say that what does and doesn't pass as racism or xenophobia etc is not your strong point and perhaps you should save yourself ( and the rest of us) til you find a thread subject you are more comfortable with.
[Post edited 15 Mar 11:43]

Try understanding what I am saying instead of making me into the boogeyman that you wish I was.
My initial post was from the perspective that an edgy kid made that joke. I can see how he thought that joke could be funny, but it was socially unacceptable for sure.
The people who were reasonable and willing to engage directed towards sources that gave more background gave me information to form a more rounded opinion. That guy seems like horrible person and I am in no way defending him.
I didn't say anything bigoted about travelers, I said that other people hold bigoted views about travelers.
I didn't say that white boys are the worst victims of racism, I said that institutionally they are neglected. It's passive discrimination. Afro-Caribbean boys were not being racially targeted, but they were being left behind. It seems like they have been given a boost, and all I was suggesting is that we target support for underperforming demographics.

I would say you should learn to read and understand words before you start telling other people to stop posting.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:02 - Mar 19 with 1080 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:12 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

It's interesting how some people get so fanatical over politics like you that they lose all sense of reason and perspective.

Very few people on here appear to be excited about what Labour are promising (whatever that is this week). I'm not sure I've seen anyone on here slavishly defending them, but when faced with someone who seems as blinkered and evangelical about the Tories as you are it's only natural people push back. You're getting a bit of a pile on, which on the one hand is a bit harsh. But on the other hand you don't seem to be connected with reality and your arguments aren't making any sense. The Tories have done a terrible job. To not acknowledge or even realise that seems a bit odd.

Thanks for being a little charitable to me, but you should find a quote of me saying anything about the Tories doing a good job before you use words like "evangelical". Consider what I actually said rather than what the reaction of other people made you think I said.
I'll restate my thoughts. I think the Tories are just a watered down version of the Labour party. I just think that the Tories will take us on shallower decline than Labour will. The Tories are not popularists, they'd have to take popular stances to be that.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:10 - Mar 19 with 1066 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:50 - Mar 15 by lowhouseblue

there are many reasons why working class white boys as a group underperform educationally and why that disadvantage is then cumulative. but racism or discrimination is not one of them. class, intergenerational and regional socio-economic disadvantage is explained very well without relying on racism.

Isn't class just a form of discrimination?
The problem is that in general there is a lot of conflation between the usage of the words racism and discrimination. We probably wouldn't label prioritizing supporting underperforming groups racist, but it is discrimination. I would argue that in that context race is a factor.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:13 - Mar 19 with 1052 viewsStokieBlue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:02 - Mar 19 by Europablue

Thanks for being a little charitable to me, but you should find a quote of me saying anything about the Tories doing a good job before you use words like "evangelical". Consider what I actually said rather than what the reaction of other people made you think I said.
I'll restate my thoughts. I think the Tories are just a watered down version of the Labour party. I just think that the Tories will take us on shallower decline than Labour will. The Tories are not popularists, they'd have to take popular stances to be that.

You might not have said the Tories are doing a good job but you've certainly pushed out the popular Tory supporting lines:

"The Tories and Labour are basically the same"
"You can't trust Labour with the economy"

This makes absolutely no sense:

"I think the Tories are just a watered down version of the Labour party."

This shows that you're motives are questionable - the Tories have absolutely pushed the populist button for years:

"The Tories are not popularists"

Your posts are verbose, confusing and often quite offensive. I'm pretty sure the verbosity is deliberate in order to obfuscate the questionable statements within the post.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:15 - Mar 19 with 1047 viewsEwan_Oozami

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:13 - Mar 19 by StokieBlue

You might not have said the Tories are doing a good job but you've certainly pushed out the popular Tory supporting lines:

"The Tories and Labour are basically the same"
"You can't trust Labour with the economy"

This makes absolutely no sense:

"I think the Tories are just a watered down version of the Labour party."

This shows that you're motives are questionable - the Tories have absolutely pushed the populist button for years:

"The Tories are not popularists"

Your posts are verbose, confusing and often quite offensive. I'm pretty sure the verbosity is deliberate in order to obfuscate the questionable statements within the post.

SB

Nailed it, SB....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:22 - Mar 19 with 1025 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:33 - Mar 15 by eireblue

From the paper you posted

“ I think he might be right. I suspect the focus on white working class boys is misguided and we should instead focus on socio-economic deprivation – and thus social class – as well as gender, and not concern ourselves too much with ethnicity as a cause of disadvantage.”

What you posted

“We also have to push back against the institutional bias against white people in our overcorrected system.”

I know you don’t like clever things being mentioned.

But…ummmm…..the example you cited, is saying the opposite of what you concluded…..ummm…you see the problem…..it’s almost like you have a fully formed opinion, and are scrambling for something to back it up, but….you missed.

Someone asked for supporting evidence for poor performance by working class white boys.
Before being to much of a smartypants consider the inherent elements of the phrase "working class white boys" that takes in class, race, and sex. Even your quote is saying that race is a factor they said we should "not concern ourselves too much with ethnicity as a cause of disadvantage". Their point is that race should not be overemphasized. If you think about it a little further you will consider that if we are already trying to support Afro-Caribbean boys there is already an element of focusing on race, so we are trapped in a system that is considering race too much. I would support moving away from an emphasis on race because class is the main social issue.

I'm not going to be too cruel to you in the manner that you tried and failed to dunk on me because you are probably just another working class white boy who has been failed by the British educational system.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:29 - Mar 19 with 1002 viewsHerbivore

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:22 - Mar 19 by Europablue

Someone asked for supporting evidence for poor performance by working class white boys.
Before being to much of a smartypants consider the inherent elements of the phrase "working class white boys" that takes in class, race, and sex. Even your quote is saying that race is a factor they said we should "not concern ourselves too much with ethnicity as a cause of disadvantage". Their point is that race should not be overemphasized. If you think about it a little further you will consider that if we are already trying to support Afro-Caribbean boys there is already an element of focusing on race, so we are trapped in a system that is considering race too much. I would support moving away from an emphasis on race because class is the main social issue.

I'm not going to be too cruel to you in the manner that you tried and failed to dunk on me because you are probably just another working class white boy who has been failed by the British educational system.

You've wasted a lot of time posting a lot more b0llocks this morning. Should have saved yourself the trouble.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:48 - Mar 19 with 959 viewsBlueBoots

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 19:37 - Mar 14 by BlueBoots

I see you are still digging, so say hello to the centre of the earth when you get there...

"My initial post was from the perspective that an edgy kid made that joke. I can see how he thought that joke could be funny, but it was socially unacceptable for sure.
The people who were reasonable and willing to engage directed towards sources that gave more background gave me information to form a more rounded opinion. That guy seems like horrible person and I am in no way defending him."

Let's be clear on this, what Frank Hester said about Diane Abbott, wasn't "socially unacceptable" it was abhorrent, dangerous racism directed at an individual black woman that would have offended all black women, as well as her.

Let me give you a few of my own thoughts on racism, coming from someone from an ethnic minority background who has experienced it all his life:

If you defend a racist, you are a racist yourself.
If you try to justify racism, you are a racist yourself.
If you ignore / tolerate racism, you are part of the problem.

Sunak's response to this just shows how spineless he is, and how the Conservative Party places more importance on money than ethics; at the same meeting Frank Hester made a comment that there was "“no room for the Indians” and suggested staff climb on a train roof".

Frank Hester has given £10m to the Tory party in the past year, and a further £5m has either already been paid and not disclosed (or is lined up to be paid); any political party with an ounce of integrity wouldn't touch a penny of his money.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 10:50 - Mar 19 with 907 viewseireblue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:22 - Mar 19 by Europablue

You are funny. Be as cruel as you like.

You stated

“ Racism against white people is more problematic on many levels. It seems socially acceptable to say racist things against white people. Our education system discriminates against white working class boys. ”

The question then asked of you wasn’t “…evidence for poor performance..”

it was ..

”I was also interested in the statement regarding racism towards white people, particularly how our education system discriminates against white working class boys.”

And in the evidence you provided it stated..

“ I think he might be right. I suspect the focus on white working class boys is misguided and we should instead focus on socio-economic deprivation – and thus social class – as well as gender, and not concern ourselves too much with ethnicity as a cause of disadvantage.”

So no evidence that the poor performance of white working class boys, was down to them being white and being discriminated against by the educational system.

What’s wrong with being a smarty pants, since when did being smart and clever be something to that was bad.

This educational system you seem to want to reform, will one of its aims be to help people become smart and clever?
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:06 - Mar 19 with 880 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:29 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

You've wasted a lot of time posting a lot more b0llocks this morning. Should have saved yourself the trouble.

You are not wrong about wasting my time replying to you so, I won't engage again.
Rude ignorant people like you will never learn anything if you aren't open to the idea that maybe the person is trying to engage in an open and honest exchange or ideas.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:22 - Mar 19 with 851 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 10:50 - Mar 19 by eireblue

You are funny. Be as cruel as you like.

You stated

“ Racism against white people is more problematic on many levels. It seems socially acceptable to say racist things against white people. Our education system discriminates against white working class boys. ”

The question then asked of you wasn’t “…evidence for poor performance..”

it was ..

”I was also interested in the statement regarding racism towards white people, particularly how our education system discriminates against white working class boys.”

And in the evidence you provided it stated..

So no evidence that the poor performance of white working class boys, was down to them being white and being discriminated against by the educational system.

What’s wrong with being a smarty pants, since when did being smart and clever be something to that was bad.

This educational system you seem to want to reform, will one of its aims be to help people become smart and clever?

Thanks for putting a smile on my face. :) I like your good natured insults. Also, it is very reasonable to politely ask someone to be more specific about their point or refocus on the question that was asked. It can be tough to keep track of the various responses and who said what.
This forum is not the best place to put forward ideas.

To be clear, I'm not saying that white working class boys are being targeted, but they are being neglected. I don't agree with the extra support being given to Afro-Caribbean boys on the basis of their race. I don't think you need to worry about demographics if you target individuals.
The problem is that if you help one group to the exclusion of other groups you are disadvantaging others even "positive discrimination" is negative.
(Rightly) there has been a hardening against soft bigotry to non-whites at the same time of (wrongly) a softening against soft bigotry towards white people. We shouldn't just abuse a different group, we should grow as a society.
The test of whether something is racist or not is to replace the race in a statement with another race. So "it's ok to be white" is not racist, but "white people are problematic" is a racist statement.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:33 - Mar 19 with 818 viewsMattinLondon

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:22 - Mar 19 by Europablue

Thanks for putting a smile on my face. :) I like your good natured insults. Also, it is very reasonable to politely ask someone to be more specific about their point or refocus on the question that was asked. It can be tough to keep track of the various responses and who said what.

To be clear, I'm not saying that white working class boys are being targeted, but they are being neglected. I don't agree with the extra support being given to Afro-Caribbean boys on the basis of their race. I don't think you need to worry about demographics if you target individuals.
The problem is that if you help one group to the exclusion of other groups you are disadvantaging others even "positive discrimination" is negative.
(Rightly) there has been a hardening against soft bigotry to non-whites at the same time of (wrongly) a softening against soft bigotry towards white people. We shouldn't just abuse a different group, we should grow as a society.
The test of whether something is racist or not is to replace the race in a statement with another race. So "it's ok to be white" is not racist, but "white people are problematic" is a racist statement.

Your last couple of sentences about replacing is wrong. ‘Black Pride’ and ‘White Pride’ have totally different connotations - you’re ignoring the historical context by simply stating that replacing black with white is some sort of test.

Black pride is simply stating that after centuries of oppression people feel no shame on being black.

White pride has racist connotations.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:41 - Mar 19 with 777 viewseireblue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:22 - Mar 19 by Europablue

You tell a person they are funny, and they think it’s an insult.

“ Our education system discriminates against white working class boys. ”

“ I'm not saying that white working class boys are being targeted…”

“ It can be tough to keep track of the various responses and who said what.”

Clearly.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:15 - Mar 19 with 722 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:33 - Mar 19 by MattinLondon

Your last couple of sentences about replacing is wrong. ‘Black Pride’ and ‘White Pride’ have totally different connotations - you’re ignoring the historical context by simply stating that replacing black with white is some sort of test.

Black pride is simply stating that after centuries of oppression people feel no shame on being black.

White pride has racist connotations.

I understand where you are coming from, but I will have to disagree.
How can one advocate for different races to be allowed to use different phrases?
Hopefully we can move beyond "Black Pride" and "Gay Pride" much as we have mostly moved on from "White Pride".
It might be controversial, but I'm proud of ITFC. I feel part or it, I feel like I belong and contribute to it. The same is true for my native county (Essex), my family, my country, and my ethnicity (some people might have to look up the meaning before getting offended by that). I'm not proud of my race, but I have absolutely no shame about my race. It is wrong that non-white people have had shame pushed on them for their race, it is also wrong to shame people for being white. I hope we can move to a place where we don't talk about racial pride. I think it damages society to have different rules for different races.

Risking kicking the hornets nest by returning to the origin of this thread, let me ask you. How would you feel if someone said "I hate JK Rowling so much that it makes me feel like hating all white women"?
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:18 - Mar 19 with 701 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:41 - Mar 19 by eireblue

You tell a person they are funny, and they think it’s an insult.

“ Our education system discriminates against white working class boys. ”

“ I'm not saying that white working class boys are being targeted…”

“ It can be tough to keep track of the various responses and who said what.”

Clearly.

I genuinely liked your insult, it wasn't generic and I wasn't being sarcastic.

As I understand it you are trying to catch me out with an inconsistency between those two sentences. I don't see one. The discrimination is unintended, so it is not targeted.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:35 - Mar 19 with 656 viewseireblue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:18 - Mar 19 by Europablue

I genuinely liked your insult, it wasn't generic and I wasn't being sarcastic.

As I understand it you are trying to catch me out with an inconsistency between those two sentences. I don't see one. The discrimination is unintended, so it is not targeted.

And you provided no evidence that the educational performance was based on race.

I’ll take you back your original premise

“ Racism against white people is more problematic on many levels. It seems socially acceptable to say racist things against white people. Our education system discriminates against white working class boys.”

As an assumed “…working class white boy who has been failed by the British educational system.”
I sometimes need to go back and check the definition of words.

definition
against /ə-gĕnst′/
preposition
In a direction or course opposite to.
So as to come into forcible contact with.
In contact with so as to rest or press on.

A perfectly valid response to the question you were asked earlier, which you also lost track of and didn’t represent accurately, would have been.

Oh sorry I seem to have used the wrong terms for what I am trying to explain, I didn’t mean discrimination against, I meant something else.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:02 - Mar 19 with 607 viewslowhouseblue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:10 - Mar 19 by Europablue

Isn't class just a form of discrimination?
The problem is that in general there is a lot of conflation between the usage of the words racism and discrimination. We probably wouldn't label prioritizing supporting underperforming groups racist, but it is discrimination. I would argue that in that context race is a factor.

you don't need to rely on discrimination to explain differences in socio-economic outcomes. background determines resources and opportunities and expectations. these things are cumulative and persist from generation to generation. they appear as class inequalities and regional inequalities and also correlated with things like race and recent migration. this isn't to deny that discrimination occurs, but the more powerful forces shaping the structure of inequality are the social background characteristics that are commonly labeled as 'class'.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:30 - Mar 19 with 543 viewsEwan_Oozami

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:15 - Mar 19 by Europablue

I understand where you are coming from, but I will have to disagree.
How can one advocate for different races to be allowed to use different phrases?
Hopefully we can move beyond "Black Pride" and "Gay Pride" much as we have mostly moved on from "White Pride".
It might be controversial, but I'm proud of ITFC. I feel part or it, I feel like I belong and contribute to it. The same is true for my native county (Essex), my family, my country, and my ethnicity (some people might have to look up the meaning before getting offended by that). I'm not proud of my race, but I have absolutely no shame about my race. It is wrong that non-white people have had shame pushed on them for their race, it is also wrong to shame people for being white. I hope we can move to a place where we don't talk about racial pride. I think it damages society to have different rules for different races.

Risking kicking the hornets nest by returning to the origin of this thread, let me ask you. How would you feel if someone said "I hate JK Rowling so much that it makes me feel like hating all white women"?

"Risking kicking the hornets nest by returning to the origin of this thread, let me ask you. How would you feel if someone said "I hate JK Rowling so much that it makes me feel like hating all white women"? "

You know exactly what you're doing here by saying that, don't pretend that you don't, and it isn't good, so maybe just ease off for a while?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:37 - Mar 19 with 530 viewsHerbivore

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:30 - Mar 19 by Ewan_Oozami

"Risking kicking the hornets nest by returning to the origin of this thread, let me ask you. How would you feel if someone said "I hate JK Rowling so much that it makes me feel like hating all white women"? "

You know exactly what you're doing here by saying that, don't pretend that you don't, and it isn't good, so maybe just ease off for a while?

The posting from this particular poster, as someone else has pointed out, is essentially some quite vile views dresses up with verbose language that seeks to partially conceal those views.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:59 - Mar 19 with 478 viewsjayessess

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:02 - Mar 19 by lowhouseblue

you don't need to rely on discrimination to explain differences in socio-economic outcomes. background determines resources and opportunities and expectations. these things are cumulative and persist from generation to generation. they appear as class inequalities and regional inequalities and also correlated with things like race and recent migration. this isn't to deny that discrimination occurs, but the more powerful forces shaping the structure of inequality are the social background characteristics that are commonly labeled as 'class'.

Also, "recent migration" is a big part of the explanation for the relative educational under-achievement of poor white British children. One of the big influences on educational success is the "cultural capital" (ie. their own education, knowledge etc.) of the parents.

Recent migrants are likely to experience downward occupational mobility as part of their migration, so they're far likelier to fall into a venn diagram that combines (a) poor and (b) highly-educated. That's going to affect data on the relative success of poor children of different ethnicities.

(Poor BAME families are also disproportionately likely to be in the highest functioning areas for the UK school system - London).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 14:26 - Mar 19 with 449 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:30 - Mar 19 by Ewan_Oozami

What was try to do was test the double standard. It's interesting you refused to answer the question.
I can't go off of your inner monologue as to what you want my motivations to be. I picked JK Rowling as the example of the white woman who seems to get the most abuse, but change the name if that troubles you.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 14:28 - Mar 19 with 432 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:37 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

The posting from this particular poster, as someone else has pointed out, is essentially some quite vile views dresses up with verbose language that seeks to partially conceal those views.

Stop you weasel words. Be explicit what you are accusing me of.
Is it vile to believe that racism against white people exists too?
Is it vile to advocate for people not to be racist against any race including white people?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024