Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move 10:32 - Mar 13 with 14902 viewsMattinLondon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68552407

The Tories have sunk to even lower - wonder how low they can go.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:38 - Mar 14 with 1147 viewsDJR

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:32 - Mar 14 by Blueschev

The biggest threat I can see at the moment is the most authoritarian government we've ever had dictating to the country what is and what is not "extremist". Michael Gove is a very dangerous man.

This is also a danger of the Tory approach, but perhaps this is the aim.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/14/restless-angry-voters-vulnerabl

And the following from the article might suggest that the war in Gaza is not as divisive as one might think, and so not something justifying what the Tories are up to.

Only 38% of the public choose a side, according to the research, with 22% siding with the Palestinians and 16% with Israel. A little more than 20% said they supported both sides equally, while 27% said they supported neither side. The rest said they didn’t know.
[Post edited 14 Mar 12:06]
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:20 - Mar 14 with 1058 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:09 - Mar 13 by leitrimblue

I think they have further to go yet.

It makes you wonder how racist or xenophobic a comment a Torie or Torie friendly funder would have to go for the party to condemn it as the racism it is?

Guessing they don't wanna upset their racist membership but feck were heading into very dangerous territory here

What he said is racist, but it was also kind of a joke without racist intent. He's basically saying that Dianne Abbot is so bad that it makes him wish he were racist (which is a bad thing).
Do we really need this kind of reaction? Can't we just say you can't say that kind of thing and not apologize, so just apologize and try not to say anything stupid in the future?
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:21 - Mar 14 with 1060 viewsEuropablue

It was kind of a clever move from the Tories, now Labour are facing calls to reinstate Dianne Abbott, who is a complete moron.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:24 - Mar 14 with 1055 viewsMattinLondon

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:20 - Mar 14 by Europablue

What he said is racist, but it was also kind of a joke without racist intent. He's basically saying that Dianne Abbot is so bad that it makes him wish he were racist (which is a bad thing).
Do we really need this kind of reaction? Can't we just say you can't say that kind of thing and not apologize, so just apologize and try not to say anything stupid in the future?

I don’t actually know where to go with this.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:31 - Mar 14 with 1032 viewsMattinLondon

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:21 - Mar 14 by Europablue

It was kind of a clever move from the Tories, now Labour are facing calls to reinstate Dianne Abbott, who is a complete moron.

So your reaction to an MP (who is easily the most abused MP in Parliament) is to reload the gun and to fire more abuse at her? And then allude to such a racist statement as ‘clever’?

Guess we all know what type of person you are.
[Post edited 14 Mar 11:32]
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:38 - Mar 14 with 1003 viewsWhos_blue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:20 - Mar 14 by Europablue

That's quite the take you've got going on there.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:40 - Mar 14 with 992 viewsHerbivore

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 09:32 - Mar 14 by Blueschev

The biggest threat I can see at the moment is the most authoritarian government we've ever had dictating to the country what is and what is not "extremist". Michael Gove is a very dangerous man.

Yes, that too. But I also find it odd that trying (and usually failing) to influence politicians through protest is somehow unacceptable but influencing them (and generally succeeding) by chucking them £10m is absolutely fine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:41 - Mar 14 with 987 viewsBlueschev

I agree 100%. You can't say anything racist these days without being accused of being a racist. The world's gone mad.
Login to get fewer ads

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:42 - Mar 14 with 989 viewsHerbivore

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:21 - Mar 14 by Europablue

I'll file you under the category of massive bellend.

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:46 - Mar 14 with 975 viewsBlueschev

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:40 - Mar 14 by Herbivore

Yes, that too. But I also find it odd that trying (and usually failing) to influence politicians through protest is somehow unacceptable but influencing them (and generally succeeding) by chucking them £10m is absolutely fine.

Exactly. That is by far the biggest threat to our "liberal parliamentary democracy".

I absolutely despise Gove and everything he stands for. He almost makes me want to hate every white man. Though I probably wouldn't shoot him.
[Post edited 14 Mar 11:47]
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:58 - Mar 14 with 929 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Who tf is this prick?
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:15 - Mar 14 with 867 viewsWhos_blue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:41 - Mar 14 by Blueschev

I agree 100%. You can't say anything racist these days without being accused of being a racist. The world's gone mad.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:16 - Mar 14 with 864 viewsStokieBlue

Total and utter rubbish.

Pretty much the same type of narrative you were trying to push with your Trump posts.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:21 - Mar 14 with 832 viewsleitrimblue

I guess what your trying to say is you share the same depressing views but don't wish to be seen as a racist idiot?

Sorry, bad news..
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:28 - Mar 14 with 804 viewsDJR

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 08:54 - Mar 14 by DJR

Starmer has been rather spineless, though, in brushing under the carpet the Forde Report which looked into racism, Islamophobia and sexism within the Party. That spinelessness is obviously driven by the fact that the officials involved support Starmer.

Diane Abbott has a column in today's Guardian which indicates the part of the report which dealt with her.

"But sadly, racism in politics is not just a matter for any one political party. In 2022, the Forde Report – commissioned by Keir Starmer – into allegations of racism, sexism and bullying in the Labour party was finally published. Martin Forde himself is a distinguished King’s counsel. His report set out how abusive senior Labour party officials were about me in their WhatsApp groups. Among other things, they said that “[Diane Abbott] literally makes me sick” and that I was “truly repulsive”.

The report went on to point out that the criticisms of me by these senior Labour staff were “not simply a harsh response to perceived poor performance – they are expressions of visceral disgust, drawing (consciously or otherwise) on racist tropes, and they bear little resemblance to the criticisms of white male MPs elsewhere in the messages”. They did not actually call for me to be shot but the tenor was not dissimilar to what Hester said. However, to this day none of the individuals concerned have apologised to me, and the Labour party has not apologised to me personally."

And this from a Guardian article last year indicates that the Party hadn't even contact Forde to discuss his recommendations.

"Forde expressed shock that no one from Labour had engaged with him after he published the report to discuss his recommendations further. “I had limited communications with David Evans [the party’s] general secretary but that was about general housekeeping. I have spoken to a caucus of black Labour MPs in the Commons,” he said, but otherwise claimed he had not spoken to any party officials. “These are serious debates that need to be had in a respectful context and I just feel there’s work to be done.”

The former shadow chancellor John McDonnell said the “vast majority” of Labour members would find Forde’s accusations “deeply worrying and will want a serious response from all those holding leading positions in the party”.

Kate Osamor, a former shadow minister, added: “The Forde report was a call to action. It must not be ignored. Unless something changes, the party risks becoming a hostile environment for black and ethnic minority members.”
[Post edited 14 Mar 12:05]

More evidence of spinelessness. This from the Guardian.

"Keir Starmer normally takes questions from journalists at events like this, but he did not today. That is probably because he was not keen to talk about Diane Abbott’s article in the Guardian today. In it Abbott does not just criticise the Conservative party, in relation to the Frank Hester controversy, but also Labour."
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:35 - Mar 14 with 765 viewsDJR

And just to further emphasise the otherness of Muslims, Gove talks about Hester in terms of "Christian forgiveness". This from the Guardian.

Gove described the remarks as “horrific” but said he was exercising “Christian forgiveness” after the entrepreneur had “shown contrition”.
[Post edited 14 Mar 12:36]
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:40 - Mar 14 with 737 viewsBlueschev

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:35 - Mar 14 by DJR

And just to further emphasise the otherness of Muslims, Gove talks about Hester in terms of "Christian forgiveness". This from the Guardian.

Gove described the remarks as “horrific” but said he was exercising “Christian forgiveness” after the entrepreneur had “shown contrition”.
[Post edited 14 Mar 12:36]

I thought that was very odd phrasing also. They do seem to be desperate to fight the same battles as the Republicans in the US.

How any religion that warns that if you don't follow it's teachings you will burn in hell can claim that forgiveness is one of its virtues is frankly laughable.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:41 - Mar 14 with 736 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:41 - Mar 14 by Blueschev

Yes, you have to defend your own comments and take responsibility for them, but it's the guilt by association that makes it awful, and people are judged forever for a comment that they said in the moment.
The correct course of action is for that guy to come out and apologize for the joke that was in poor taste. Maybe he should lay low for a bit.
There has to be rehabilitation and that doesn't seem to be forthcoming.
Just imagine if your dad or grandad said that, would you want him to be canceled, or would you think it would be enough for him to think about his comment and consider why people were upset.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:44 - Mar 14 with 721 viewsBlueschev

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:41 - Mar 14 by Europablue

Yes, you have to defend your own comments and take responsibility for them, but it's the guilt by association that makes it awful, and people are judged forever for a comment that they said in the moment.
The correct course of action is for that guy to come out and apologize for the joke that was in poor taste. Maybe he should lay low for a bit.
There has to be rehabilitation and that doesn't seem to be forthcoming.
Just imagine if your dad or grandad said that, would you want him to be canceled, or would you think it would be enough for him to think about his comment and consider why people were upset.

If my dad or grandad said that, I certainly wouldn't want them to be the biggest donor to the governing party, and subsequently being awarded with plush government contracts for their businesses.

He's also not apologised for being racist, merely for being rude.
[Post edited 14 Mar 12:45]
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:47 - Mar 14 with 703 viewsChorleyBoy

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:26 - Mar 14 by GlasgowBlue

Changing circumstances in the economy which leads to shelving policies that were previous aspirations is not evidence of somebody being “owned by entities”.

I think you know what is implied by "owned by entities". Donors are not giving millions to the Labour Party or even tens of thousands to Starmer personally (or anyone else for that matter) because they like his lovely hair. It's a symbiotic relationship, obviously. In the past the Labour Party received a much greater percentage of their "donations" from the unions representing workers, now it's more about wealthy individuals and certain industries. I don't know why I'm explaining this - you know how it works.

Dale Vince, as part of his huge donation to the Labour Party also gave Starmer 20,000 quid.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jun/07/labour-donor-dale-vince-influen
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:49 - Mar 14 with 687 viewsMattinLondon

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:44 - Mar 14 by Blueschev

If my dad or grandad said that, I certainly wouldn't want them to be the biggest donor to the governing party, and subsequently being awarded with plush government contracts for their businesses.

He's also not apologised for being racist, merely for being rude.
[Post edited 14 Mar 12:45]

He also has previous for such comments.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/who-is-tory-donor-frank-hester-and-what-did-he-re
[Post edited 14 Mar 12:49]
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:58 - Mar 14 with 663 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 11:31 - Mar 14 by MattinLondon

So your reaction to an MP (who is easily the most abused MP in Parliament) is to reload the gun and to fire more abuse at her? And then allude to such a racist statement as ‘clever’?

Guess we all know what type of person you are.
[Post edited 14 Mar 11:32]

I guess we know what kind of person you are: a weasel who tries to insinuate things about the character of other people.
Do you know the concept of 4D chess? The clever part is not the racist comment, it's predicting the reaction and saying the racist thing even if you don't believe it, in a Machiavellian way.
Anyway, clever doesn't mean good.
You have to ask why is Dianne Abbott the most abused MP in Parliament, and the answer is not just her race, there are other black women in Parliament, after all. She could well be the biggest moron in the whole of Parliament (I don't follow closely enough to know for sure).
A lot of uneducated people will be selectively racist. For example, they wouldn't say something racist about a black player on their favourite football team, but they might say something about the black player that just scored against their team. Those people have to reevaluate their thinking, but I don't want our society to dogpile on them and not do anything to change their mind.

Race is such a touchy subject, but racism is just a form of mental association. If you only encounter inbred and dumb Norwich supporters, you will have the impression that all Norwich supporters are inbred and dumb.
If he said that Liz Truss is so awful that it makes you want to hate all Norwich supporters, you might even laugh. So whilst I don't think it was wise for the donor to make that comment, I can see that he might have just been trying to be funny and obviously, it has blown up in his face.
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:00 - Mar 14 with 643 viewsHerbivore

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:58 - Mar 14 by Europablue

I guess we know what kind of person you are: a weasel who tries to insinuate things about the character of other people.
Do you know the concept of 4D chess? The clever part is not the racist comment, it's predicting the reaction and saying the racist thing even if you don't believe it, in a Machiavellian way.
You have to ask why is Dianne Abbott the most abused MP in Parliament, and the answer is not just her race, there are other black women in Parliament, after all. She could well be the biggest moron in the whole of Parliament (I don't follow closely enough to know for sure).
A lot of uneducated people will be selectively racist. For example, they wouldn't say something racist about a black player on their favourite football team, but they might say something about the black player that just scored against their team. Those people have to reevaluate their thinking, but I don't want our society to dogpile on them and not do anything to change their mind.

Race is such a touchy subject, but racism is just a form of mental association. If you only encounter inbred and dumb Norwich supporters, you will have the impression that all Norwich supporters are inbred and dumb.
If he said that Liz Truss is so awful that it makes you want to hate all Norwich supporters, you might even laugh. So whilst I don't think it was wise for the donor to make that comment, I can see that he might have just been trying to be funny and obviously, it has blown up in his face.

What a load of boll0cks.

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:02 - Mar 14 with 632 viewsBlueschev

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:58 - Mar 14 by Europablue

Last time I checked, Norwich supporters were never subjected to slavery, Apartheid, segregation and centuries of continued prejudice.
[Post edited 14 Mar 13:03]
Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 13:11 - Mar 14 with 595 viewsEuropablue

Yeah it was racist and misogynistic….but they want his money, so let’s move on 12:21 - Mar 14 by leitrimblue

I guess what your trying to say is you share the same depressing views but don't wish to be seen as a racist idiot?

Sorry, bad news..

I share the view that Dianne Abbott is not intelligent and spouts a lot of nonsense. I don't believe that has anything to do with her race.

What I'm concerned about is that the younger generation is ready to throw people to the wolves, and I believe in rehabilitation. I just think imagine if your father or grandfather said something like this. Would you judge them only by that remark, or would you be more charitable? Without rehabilitation, we just grow resentment.
Look up Daryl Davis, he's well-known for engaging with KKK members and convincing them to leave and denounce the KKK. That is the kind of action that makes a positive change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024