Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One game at a time... 17:09 - Mar 17 with 1351 viewsKropotkin123

Next up:

Friday 29th
Bristol City v Leicester City
Blackburn Rovers v Ipswich Town
Watford v Leeds Utd

Teams
Bristol have lost 5 of their last 6 games, and lost 6 of their 7 games against the top 4. Postively, they did manage a win against Southampton and all their losses against the top 6 were by one goal, so they are unlikely to roll over.

Blackburn have won one in their last 17 games. A run that has seen them drop to 17th, just 3 points above the drop zone. They do carry a serious threat up front, with Szmodics getting 21 goals in 36 games so far. They still have 4 games left against the top 4. They've lost all 4 of their games against the top 4. Their run-in is rough, and they could well go down.

Watford are the highest placed team in this batch of games. They are 14th. Having shown some good form half way through the season, they seem to have tailed off. They've only won 5 games at home this season and have lost 5 of their last 8. They've lost 4 of their 5 games against the top 6 and having drawn at home against Southampton.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

One game at a time... on 17:11 - Mar 17 with 1299 viewsFrimleyBlue

Warnock to Watford for that game would be nice.
[Post edited 17 Mar 17:15]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

One game at a time... on 17:21 - Mar 17 with 1229 viewsCheltenham_Blue

One game at a time... on 17:11 - Mar 17 by FrimleyBlue

Warnock to Watford for that game would be nice.
[Post edited 17 Mar 17:15]

I don't think even Colin would go there. Basket case of a club.
Pearson. Definite info.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

One game at a time... on 17:28 - Mar 17 with 1187 viewsGlasgowBlue

One game at a time... on 17:21 - Mar 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Pearson. Definite info.

Warnock will be at either Birmingham or Plymouth before Easter.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

One game at a time... on 17:36 - Mar 17 with 1133 views_clive_baker_

OGAAT and all that but Leeds do have a tougher looking run now, with Watford, Hull, Coventry & Sunderland being their next 4. Whether it’s tough enough for them to drop a few points remains to be seen.

Just need to do our bit, focus on Blackburn, get the 3 points and not worry about the others.
One game at a time... on 17:40 - Mar 17 with 1098 viewsSitfcB

One game at a time... on 17:21 - Mar 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Pearson. Definite info.

Don’t think Warnock would particularly care.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

One game at a time... on 17:49 - Mar 17 with 1057 viewsIllinoisblue

One game at a time... on 17:36 - Mar 17 by _clive_baker_

OGAAT and all that but Leeds do have a tougher looking run now, with Watford, Hull, Coventry & Sunderland being their next 4. Whether it’s tough enough for them to drop a few points remains to be seen.

Just need to do our bit, focus on Blackburn, get the 3 points and not worry about the others.

Leicester have scum, wba and saints in April. Which won’t be easy, altho obvs we play two of those also so who knows.

Time to strap in and enjoy the ride

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

One game at a time... on 15:12 - Mar 30 with 432 viewsKropotkin123

Next up:

Mon 1st
Leicester City v Norwich City
Ipswich Town v Southampton
Leeds Utd v Hull City

Teams
Norwich City have won 6 of their last 8 matches, putting them 3rd in the form table, 2 places below Ipswich. Leicester won the reverse of this fixture and will be hoping pick up their own form having won just once in their past six games. Norwich have lost twice and drawn once against the top 3 sides.

Southampton are fourth in the League. They had an excellent run which saw them go undefeated in 22 league games, but have since lost 3 or their past 7 games. With 2 games in hand over the top two and away games against all the top 3 remaining they could still make the auto slots themselves. They have won 1 and lost 2 against the top 3, having beaten Leeds 3-1. Southampton pose a significant threat going forward with the second highest goals per game.

Hull City have had a good season, but having gone winless in their last five games, they find their play-off chances slipping away. Hull should not be underestimated though. From the top three, they have only lost to Ipswich and 4 points from Leicester.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

One game at a time... on 15:46 - Mar 30 with 384 views_clive_baker_

One game at a time... on 15:12 - Mar 30 by Kropotkin123

Next up:

Mon 1st
Leicester City v Norwich City
Ipswich Town v Southampton
Leeds Utd v Hull City

Teams
Norwich City have won 6 of their last 8 matches, putting them 3rd in the form table, 2 places below Ipswich. Leicester won the reverse of this fixture and will be hoping pick up their own form having won just once in their past six games. Norwich have lost twice and drawn once against the top 3 sides.

Southampton are fourth in the League. They had an excellent run which saw them go undefeated in 22 league games, but have since lost 3 or their past 7 games. With 2 games in hand over the top two and away games against all the top 3 remaining they could still make the auto slots themselves. They have won 1 and lost 2 against the top 3, having beaten Leeds 3-1. Southampton pose a significant threat going forward with the second highest goals per game.

Hull City have had a good season, but having gone winless in their last five games, they find their play-off chances slipping away. Hull should not be underestimated though. From the top three, they have only lost to Ipswich and 4 points from Leicester.

I really fancied Watford to get something last night and said as much on here, I had earmarked that game as a banana skin and it proved to be the case. I think they’re the side with probably the falsest league position this season, I really think they’re close to being a really good side, and so threatening at times going forward. Just seem to lack consistency but I’ve seen them a number of times this season and really rate a lot of what they do.

Leeds are a bit of a different proposition at Ellend road, it’s a tough place to go and I think they’ll bounce back on Monday with a win. Hill are hit and miss and it wouldn’t be the biggest shock in the world if they get a result, but I can’t see it this time.

Leicester v Norwich is interesting, given the respective form of both sides it’s not an easy one to call. I’m perfectly happy to put rivalries aside if it’s in our interests, and Norwich winning there certainly is.

Ultimately, as is always the case the most important thing is we do our job. If we beat Southampton it’s a hell of a result. Our record against the current top 6 isn’t great, with 1 win, 4 draws, 3 defeats with 2 more to come. It would be a huge result for us, turning it into a 3 horse race for the 2 positions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024