Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play-off Semi Dates 21:34 - Mar 18 with 1463 viewsAviator

Any idea when these are announced? Don't need to know the precise KO date time - just weekend of.

I have assumed w/e of 11th/12th for first leg and then 2nd leg 3 days later. But could the second leg be weekend of 18th/19th ?
Play-off Semi Dates on 08:22 - Mar 19 with 1231 viewsMeltonBlue

I was thinking this the other day, probably depends who plays who.. if it is us vs Norwich then can see it being the two weekends mentioned, however if it’s not then maybe the Saturday/Sunday and then the weds/Thursday night?
Play-off Semi Dates on 08:26 - Mar 19 with 1229 viewsSteve_M

I'm assuming anytime from Friday night to Sunday lunchtime for Leg 1 and from Monday to Wednesday for Leg 2.

I doubt we'll get told exact timing until fairly close beforehand.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Play-off Semi Dates on 08:36 - Mar 19 with 1188 viewsITFC_Forever

Play-off Semi Dates on 08:26 - Mar 19 by Steve_M

I'm assuming anytime from Friday night to Sunday lunchtime for Leg 1 and from Monday to Wednesday for Leg 2.

Basically, don't plan anything in May.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Play-off Semi Dates on 08:40 - Mar 19 with 1181 viewsgeg1992

Play-off Semi Dates on 08:36 - Mar 19 by ITFC_Forever

This is my thinking. Was talking about going away with the wife in may, then had to say "hmm let's give it a think and see what's about nearer the time".

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Play-off Semi Dates on 09:14 - Mar 19 with 1130 viewsStewart27

Play-off Semi Dates on 08:22 - Mar 19 by MeltonBlue

I was thinking this the other day, probably depends who plays who.. if it is us vs Norwich then can see it being the two weekends mentioned, however if it’s not then maybe the Saturday/Sunday and then the weds/Thursday night?

Of course.

The only derby in football that can’t kick off any time other than a weekend lunch time!
Play-off Semi Dates on 09:31 - Mar 19 with 1083 viewsJakeITFC

I've booked trips for both of those weekends so some awkward conversations ahead for me potentially!

My assumption was w/e following the season ends (most likely away for us) and then midweek at home. The Coventry cup final decision may allow them to drag it out longer, but I don't really know how early they usually announce the dates.
Play-off Semi Dates on 10:52 - Mar 19 with 949 viewsSmithersJones

Play-off Semi Dates on 09:31 - Mar 19 by JakeITFC

I've booked trips for both of those weekends so some awkward conversations ahead for me potentially!

My assumption was w/e following the season ends (most likely away for us) and then midweek at home. The Coventry cup final decision may allow them to drag it out longer, but I don't really know how early they usually announce the dates.

According to The Times today if Cov reach the Cup Final and the Play Off Final then the latter will be put back a week (ie to 1 or 2 June), which is different to what was mentioned on here previously.
Not sure when they'd make that decision though. Obviously won't be before the semi (20 April) but if Cov do make the play offs I'd be surprised if that's mathematically certain before the last day of the season (4 May). So we could be on for some very late announcements about dates.
(More realistically of course Man Utd win the semi and this is all irrelevant).
Play-off Semi Dates on 13:03 - Mar 19 with 799 viewsVegtablue

Play-off Semi Dates on 08:26 - Mar 19 by Steve_M

Snap, almost every season in recent memory has followed this convention. So 10th-12th away and 13th-15th home, providing they don't diverge from the norm.
Login to get fewer ads

Play-off Semi Dates on 13:26 - Mar 19 with 728 viewsITFC_Forever

Play-off Semi Dates on 13:03 - Mar 19 by Vegtablue

Snap, almost every season in recent memory has followed this convention. So 10th-12th away and 13th-15th home, providing they don't diverge from the norm.

Not in 2015 when we played Norwich - both games were Saturday lunchtimes.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Play-off Semi Dates on 13:34 - Mar 19 with 691 viewsVegtablue

Play-off Semi Dates on 13:26 - Mar 19 by ITFC_Forever

Not in 2015 when we played Norwich - both games were Saturday lunchtimes.

Yeah the "rule" has been broken twice in the past 10 or 15 seasons, 2015 and the July/August Covid year I think. Would the derby prompt another break from tradition?
Play-off Semi Dates on 15:46 - Mar 19 with 528 viewsbackwaywhen

Play-off Semi Dates on 08:36 - Mar 19 by ITFC_Forever

Too late other half has booked Cypress for 10 days from 10th May , absolutely gutted …..and no it can’t be changed 😢
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024