Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A question for Lagos 09:39 - Mar 19 with 390 viewsWeWereZombies

Did you ever hear anyone called a Dundee United ?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

A question for Lagos on 11:05 - Mar 19 with 311 viewsbluelagos

No, that's a new one on me. Cracking vlog - hope the guys enjoy their new club.

Couple of short stories on footie in Lagos. I half got involved with a club in Surelere (Would take them footballs for the kids) and met an old coach - who claimed to have discovered Obafemi Martins. To get a break in Europe it's handy to get in the U21 national side (with lots of scouts in the crowd) but was so corrupt you had to bribe the coach for a game. Martins was from a poor background and so never got the chances his talent deserved at the start of his career. Years later when he was at Milan he initially refused to play for the national side because of that.

Also met the first ever black player for England - (at a match, a fellow spectator) who had represented England at a junior level. He never got properly recognised - played for Charlton I think. Will have a google and try and find his story. He was quite interesting.

And in a sports bar in Surelere there's an Ipswich scarf hanging among the
more popular clubs - or there'd better be - was promised they'd leave it up albeit that was 20 years ago,

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A question for Lagos on 11:08 - Mar 19 with 306 viewsbluelagos

A question for Lagos on 11:05 - Mar 19 by bluelagos

No, that's a new one on me. Cracking vlog - hope the guys enjoy their new club.

Couple of short stories on footie in Lagos. I half got involved with a club in Surelere (Would take them footballs for the kids) and met an old coach - who claimed to have discovered Obafemi Martins. To get a break in Europe it's handy to get in the U21 national side (with lots of scouts in the crowd) but was so corrupt you had to bribe the coach for a game. Martins was from a poor background and so never got the chances his talent deserved at the start of his career. Years later when he was at Milan he initially refused to play for the national side because of that.

Also met the first ever black player for England - (at a match, a fellow spectator) who had represented England at a junior level. He never got properly recognised - played for Charlton I think. Will have a google and try and find his story. He was quite interesting.

And in a sports bar in Surelere there's an Ipswich scarf hanging among the
more popular clubs - or there'd better be - was promised they'd leave it up albeit that was 20 years ago,

Here you go. Proper old gent and back in Lagos when I caught up with him about 10 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Odeje

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024