Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things you don’t see so much in football nowadays 12:30 - Mar 19 with 1463 viewsIllinoisblue

Managers being overly honest in programme notes. Here’s Mick Mills of Stoke explaining his selections (for a game at Portman Road) and then at the end having a dig at a departing player. Different times.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Things you don’t see so much in football nowadays on 13:07 - Mar 19 with 1306 viewsSteve_M

Also, Simon Stainrod? I bet he enjoyed his schooldays with a name like that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Things you don’t see so much in football nowadays on 13:46 - Mar 19 with 1209 viewsIllinoisblue

Things you don’t see so much in football nowadays on 13:07 - Mar 19 by Steve_M

It’s a heck of a name. As for Mills, although he’s on the radio most weeks and has been doing that for year and clearly loves the club, feels like we don’t know much about him. He must have a lot of stories to tell from 20 years as a player, tricky management career. All those internationals.

Get to work, Phil, write that book!

62 - 78 - 81

Things you don’t see so much in football nowadays on 13:56 - Mar 19 with 1140 viewsSteve_M

Things you don’t see so much in football nowadays on 13:46 - Mar 19 by Illinoisblue

It’s a heck of a name. As for Mills, although he’s on the radio most weeks and has been doing that for year and clearly loves the club, feels like we don’t know much about him. He must have a lot of stories to tell from 20 years as a player, tricky management career. All those internationals.

Get to work, Phil, write that book!

Definitely a story that needs a narrator's voice rather than his own....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Things you don’t see so much in football nowadays on 14:05 - Mar 19 with 1089 viewsPhilTWTD

Things you don’t see so much in football nowadays on 13:07 - Mar 19 by Steve_M

Got sent off for a dust-up with Russell Osman in his QPR days. Think the two are good mates now.
Things you don’t see so much in football nowadays on 16:15 - Mar 19 with 888 viewsIllinoisblue

Things you don’t see so much in football nowadays on 13:56 - Mar 19 by Steve_M

Definitely a story that needs a narrator's voice rather than his own....

Harsh but fair!

62 - 78 - 81

Things you don’t see so much in football nowadays on 16:38 - Mar 19 with 825 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Things you don’t see so much in football nowadays on 16:15 - Mar 19 by Illinoisblue

Harsh but fair!

I'm not so sure, you know.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Things you don’t see so much in football nowadays on 19:03 - Mar 19 with 673 viewsTrequartista

The flickr account that accompanies that twitter account is an absolute goldmine.

Here's Manchester City manager John Bond giving his assessment of his own players in the programme including lines like "I would say he is not going to make a First Division footballer"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/114058793@N05/51854313404/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/114058793@N05/51854070408/

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024