Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three questions to ponder 17:25 - Mar 19 with 4301 viewsChocorange

1. Is Kayden ( a Paul Hurst purchase no less and long time league 1 and 2 player) going to become a Premier league player?

2. What has happened to Janoi? I don’t remember it being a season ending injury?

3. Do we need a song for George Horst when he returns? Or should we change the words of the Wolfy at the back song , from Chaplin to George Hirst in attack?
Three questions to ponder on 23:35 - Mar 19 with 775 viewsBlueBadger

Three questions to ponder on 20:17 - Mar 19 by cressi

Jackson don't be ridiculous what a waste of a space if we do go up it was Sheffield Wednesday who were absolute dog sh**e we were not playing man City sentiment don't come into it.

Alright Mach, calm down.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Three questions to ponder on 05:57 - Mar 20 with 715 viewsBondiBlue

Three questions to ponder on 20:21 - Mar 19 by mutters

Not sure that's logical, you saying that all people of the same religion get along?

I get along really well with every atheist i have ever met. Except for the ones who are complete idiots.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Three questions to ponder on 06:48 - Mar 20 with 703 viewsblueasfook

Given how well Moore has done, I think it would be wrong to assume Hirst will simply just get back his position in the team when fit again. Much like how Hladky has displaced Walton.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Three questions to ponder on 07:30 - Mar 20 with 676 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Three questions to ponder on 21:17 - Mar 19 by cressi

Don't worry your head about a full stop or a coma. We are talking football if our fringe players can't get in the side quite regularly now how the he'll do you think they would cope in a league higher. Have you seen where the three sides are who went up last season. Hence why you can't be sentimental ie Ladapo this season.

I think I'd worry about a coma!

It all depends on whether McKenna thinks that Jackson could do a job for us. He has improved since McKenna arrived and could get the odd cameo. His enthusiasm and work ethic are good for the younger players but he is not a regular player in Championship and obviously won't be in PL.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Three questions to ponder on 10:43 - Mar 20 with 576 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Three questions to ponder on 23:35 - Mar 19 by BlueBadger

Alright Mach, calm down.

That was the different poster, not me you weirdo.

Have you finally found out that the Ipswich managers name is Kieran? It isn't Kieron, can you comptehend it?
Three questions to ponder on 10:51 - Mar 20 with 565 viewsHerbivore

Jackson don't be ridiculous what a waste of a space if we do go up it was Sheffield Wednesday who were absolute dog sh**e we were not playing man City sentiment don't come into it.

Waste of space? He's averaging a goal contribution every 150 minutes of football. Don't be ridiculous.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Three questions to ponder on 10:57 - Mar 20 with 552 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Nobody have the answer to the JD question, I’m also intrigued given we are light in that position.
Three questions to ponder on 11:19 - Mar 20 with 535 viewsSuperblue95

Three questions to ponder on 21:11 - Mar 19 by bazza

I said it last season and I’ll say it this season, there will be a lot of disappointed people on here, if they think there will be a massive turnaround in players if we go up, there will be a few in and a few out, they won’t look to break the team spirit and togetherness, and I’d be surprised if Jackson is one out.

There’s quite a big difference between expecting a massive turnaround of players and thinking that maybe a 30 year old who starts 5-10 games a season might not get a new contract if we are a premier league club next season.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

Three questions to ponder on 11:28 - Mar 20 with 524 viewsTractorCam

1) Nah, he will move on I suspect

2) Not sure but suspect we've seen the last of him in a Town shirt

3) It should be whoever is playing upfront at the time, shouldn't be too hard but i do still hear Ladapo in big March so who knows. Also the Massimo chant should be Burgess instead of Wolfy.
[Post edited 20 Mar 11:29]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Three questions to ponder on 11:36 - Mar 20 with 509 viewsjayessess

Three questions to ponder on 10:57 - Mar 20 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Nobody have the answer to the JD question, I’m also intrigued given we are light in that position.

It's rather like the KVY situation back in the day, isn't it? No announcement of a serious injury but just a continuous unavailability for selection with no end in sight.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Three questions to ponder on 12:28 - Mar 20 with 472 viewsChurchman

No, sentiment doesn’t come into it But I don’t think Jackson is a waste of space. He has a role to play.

Watching this team play, they've largely been together for a year or two now. They play to a pattern, know each others games inside and out. The team is better than the sum of its parts. This mirrors Burley’s 2000 team that had such a good season in the PL.

if the miracle did occur and we got promoted I hope there wouldn’t be too much change. The players deserve their chance and we would stand a better chance with what we have than wholesale wheeling in of second rate PL players.

There was plenty of comment of how many of our players needed replacing for the Championship last summer. Burgess, Burns, Woolfy, just about all came under scrutiny bar Davis and Morsy. Especially Burgess and Burns. Wrong. As for Jackson, he has become a much better player under McKenna. He obviously had a role on Saturday down that side and he was excellent. He has pace and De Bruyne would have been proud of that cross for the third goal.

It was ‘only Sheffield Wednesday’ I hear. Well, ‘only Sheffield Wednesday’ won four of the last five games before getting a good hiding off us. They were poor, but how much of that was us making them look poor?

For me, he would have a place in the squad if the unbelievable happened.
[Post edited 20 Mar 12:30]
Three questions to ponder on 12:48 - Mar 20 with 454 viewsjayessess

Three questions to ponder on 12:28 - Mar 20 by Churchman

No, sentiment doesn’t come into it But I don’t think Jackson is a waste of space. He has a role to play.

Watching this team play, they've largely been together for a year or two now. They play to a pattern, know each others games inside and out. The team is better than the sum of its parts. This mirrors Burley’s 2000 team that had such a good season in the PL.

if the miracle did occur and we got promoted I hope there wouldn’t be too much change. The players deserve their chance and we would stand a better chance with what we have than wholesale wheeling in of second rate PL players.

There was plenty of comment of how many of our players needed replacing for the Championship last summer. Burgess, Burns, Woolfy, just about all came under scrutiny bar Davis and Morsy. Especially Burgess and Burns. Wrong. As for Jackson, he has become a much better player under McKenna. He obviously had a role on Saturday down that side and he was excellent. He has pace and De Bruyne would have been proud of that cross for the third goal.

It was ‘only Sheffield Wednesday’ I hear. Well, ‘only Sheffield Wednesday’ won four of the last five games before getting a good hiding off us. They were poor, but how much of that was us making them look poor?

For me, he would have a place in the squad if the unbelievable happened.
[Post edited 20 Mar 12:30]

I think we'd have to be very careful about going too hard with the squad surgery if we went up really.

Whilst there's no room for sentiment, there's absolutely no route to Premier League survival that doesn't involve a substantial proportion of the players already at the club stepping up and contributing well. That'll involve managing the sense most of them will have that they and their teammates have earned their opportunity in the top flight. That's particularly going to be the case if we go up automatically with near enough 100 points and in front of at least 2/3 recently relegated teams.

It's going to be a balancing act.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024