Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it ok to snigger? 07:19 - Mar 29 with 1062 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68688481

"Willie was determined to have breached the team's code of conduct to a degree that makes his position untenable," Leicester said in a statement.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Is it ok to snigger? on 07:51 - Mar 29 with 959 viewsWeWereZombies

Not sure, try asking Luis Rubiales:

https://www.aljazeera.com/sports/2024/3/28/spanish-prosecutors-seek-jail-term-fo

Different circumstances, I know, but whether it is OK to find amusement in this depends on how consensual the relationship was. It was also interesting to read Sarina Weigman's points about power imbalances even when relationships are fully consensual.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Is it ok to snigger? on 08:06 - Mar 29 with 917 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is it ok to snigger? on 07:51 - Mar 29 by WeWereZombies

https://www.aljazeera.com/sports/2024/3/28/spanish-prosecutors-seek-jail-term-fo

Different circumstances, I know, but whether it is OK to find amusement in this depends on how consensual the relationship was. It was also interesting to read Sarina Weigman's points about power imbalances even when relationships are fully consensual.

Nothing in the article suggests it wasn't consensual, as the term relationship implies.(I wouldn't have posted this if it did)
I agree with Weigman's comments about appropriateness but I bet they wish he had been called Nigel.

Is it ok to snigger? on 08:34 - Mar 29 with 825 viewsSimonds92

Is it ok to snigger? on 07:51 - Mar 29 by WeWereZombies

Massive leap to suggest it wasn't consensual based on the information in that article.
Is it ok to snigger? on 09:18 - Mar 29 with 756 viewsWeWereZombies

Is it ok to snigger? on 08:34 - Mar 29 by Simonds92

Massive leap to suggest it wasn't consensual based on the information in that article.

Really ?

Whilst I accept that Rubiales is a limit case perhaps you should consider aspects of grooming may be present in all relationships where there is a power imbalance. Uncomfortable for us to realise but to try and ignore this can leave us in a position where we are closing the stable door long after the horse has bolted.

Is it ok to snigger? on 09:24 - Mar 29 with 729 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Is it ok to snigger? on 10:08 - Mar 29 with 622 viewsSimonds92

Is it ok to snigger? on 09:18 - Mar 29 by WeWereZombies

Really ?

Whilst I accept that Rubiales is a limit case perhaps you should consider aspects of grooming may be present in all relationships where there is a power imbalance. Uncomfortable for us to realise but to try and ignore this can leave us in a position where we are closing the stable door long after the horse has bolted.

Yes.

It could be that the player took an interest in the manager and pursued it. We literally have no idea. You are just wildly speculating on the situation.
Is it ok to snigger? on 10:16 - Mar 29 with 594 viewsWeWereZombies

Is it ok to snigger? on 10:08 - Mar 29 by Simonds92

Yes.

It could be that the player took an interest in the manager and pursued it. We literally have no idea. You are just wildly speculating on the situation.

But I am not talking about that situation in isolation, I am talking about a difficult, and often understandable, aspect of human relations that arises and can disrupt team bonding as well as causing lasting emotional damage. Which is why Wiegman's comments are so pertinent in the article that Bankster linked.

Is it ok to snigger? on 10:21 - Mar 29 with 576 viewsKeno

personally I think the mens team should have a 10 point deduction for this

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Is it ok to snigger? on 11:33 - Mar 29 with 442 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is it ok to snigger? on 10:21 - Mar 29 by Keno

personally I think the mens team should have a 10 point deduction for this

That would give me the chance for two titters today!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024