Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opta analytics - Auto promotion chance for Ipswich now >50% 12:08 - Apr 3 with 1135 viewsEsherBlueStu

For those that like a supercomputer model…

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2024/04/championship-predictions-promotion-relegation/
Opta analytics - Auto promotion chance for Ipswich now >50% on 12:14 - Apr 3 with 1058 viewsEwan_Oozami

Wonder what the odds were at this point in the season last year?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Opta analytics - Auto promotion chance for Ipswich now >50% on 12:15 - Apr 3 with 1053 viewsSteve_M

It flips so much by last result which I guess is to be expected but had you looked after Cardiff it was more like 18% automatic.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Opta analytics - Auto promotion chance for Ipswich now >50% on 12:19 - Apr 3 with 1003 viewsBasingstokeBlue

What a load of tosh.

We're only going to pick up 10 points from the remaining 6 fixtures?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Opta analytics - Auto promotion chance for Ipswich now >50% on 13:23 - Apr 3 with 833 viewsElderGrizzly

Opta analytics - Auto promotion chance for Ipswich now >50% on 12:19 - Apr 3 by BasingstokeBlue

What a load of tosh.

We're only going to pick up 10 points from the remaining 6 fixtures?

That does look low I agree.

And if it does play out as the Opta predictions say, it's us vs 'that lot' in the playoff semis.

And us beating Coventry (and we'll need to), probably confirms Norwich's playoff spot too.
[Post edited 3 Apr 13:24]
Opta analytics - Auto promotion chance for Ipswich now >50% on 13:39 - Apr 3 with 729 viewsHighgateBlue

Opta analytics - Auto promotion chance for Ipswich now >50% on 13:23 - Apr 3 by ElderGrizzly

That does look low I agree.

And if it does play out as the Opta predictions say, it's us vs 'that lot' in the playoff semis.

And us beating Coventry (and we'll need to), probably confirms Norwich's playoff spot too.
[Post edited 3 Apr 13:24]

There's no single way of interpreting what the Opta predictions say will happen, because all the Opta predictions do is calculate a percentage chance of each outcome.

So, as Opta says that we're more than 50% likely to be in the top two, it follows that being in the playoffs at all is less than 50% likely to occur, and specifically facing Norwich in the playoffs is less likely still.

I'm clutching at straws. I really don't want to face that lot in the playoffs!
Opta analytics - Auto promotion chance for Ipswich now >50% on 14:31 - Apr 3 with 601 viewsbluefunk

A reminder of the accuracy of their predictions

This was at the start of the season

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/07/championship-2023-24-season-predictions-opta/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024