Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against 23:04 - Apr 10 with 1620 viewsDubtractor

Strong and athletic team, well drilled, and not especially interested in taking the game to us other than a short spell in either half. And when a team of good players at this level decide to spoil the game its very, very, hard to open them up. That game had nil nil stamped on it from early in the second half - they didn't really ask too many questions of us, but equally made sure that we didn't really threaten them too much either. I thought it was telling that they just killed time with that corner at the end - a team with nothing to play for just keeping the ball in the corner for a draw, rather than try and nick the game.

We really should have taken one of our chances in the strong 15 minutes at the end of the first half - second half would have been a stroll if we had.

Its a missed opportunity for us, but not a disaster, and we still sit in second with 4 games to go.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:06 - Apr 10 with 1575 viewsITFCBlues

It just feels significant in terms of, I can't see us winning the last 4 games. The two away games especially will be very difficult.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:08 - Apr 10 with 1541 viewsAviator

Thing is, I don’t think we did struggle. We were well in command. I felt very relaxed the whole game. Just couldn’t score. We murdered them 0-0.
[Post edited 10 Apr 23:08]
Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:11 - Apr 10 with 1502 viewshomer_123

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:06 - Apr 10 by ITFCBlues

It just feels significant in terms of, I can't see us winning the last 4 games. The two away games especially will be very difficult.

Did you expect us to be second with 4 to go? Under KM this team continues to defy everything and anyone...

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:12 - Apr 10 with 1477 viewshomer_123

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:08 - Apr 10 by Aviator

Thing is, I don’t think we did struggle. We were well in command. I felt very relaxed the whole game. Just couldn’t score. We murdered them 0-0.
[Post edited 10 Apr 23:08]

We didn't quite create the opportunities to score in the second as we did in the first.

But yes, for all their attacking quality, they sat deep and rarely bothered us...like you, I never felt it was a game we'd loose.

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:13 - Apr 10 with 1467 viewsTheBoyBlue

They defended well and before the ran out of steam they knocked it about confidently and we were chasing shadows, although that might have been as much about us being a bit tired as anything. With some cutting edge, they could be dark horses for promotion next season.

As for us, we needed 4 wins and a draw. Well there's the draw and Leeds and Leicester may well drop points so weight not even need that. We're still in an incredibly good position, hopefully Middlesbrough won't be quite as bus-parky as Watford.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:16 - Apr 10 with 1438 viewshomer_123

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:13 - Apr 10 by TheBoyBlue

They defended well and before the ran out of steam they knocked it about confidently and we were chasing shadows, although that might have been as much about us being a bit tired as anything. With some cutting edge, they could be dark horses for promotion next season.

As for us, we needed 4 wins and a draw. Well there's the draw and Leeds and Leicester may well drop points so weight not even need that. We're still in an incredibly good position, hopefully Middlesbrough won't be quite as bus-parky as Watford.

For all their nice interplay, they created very little in terms of scoring opportunities.

They have some real quality up top but, personally, they overplay.

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:18 - Apr 10 with 1410 viewsITFCBlues

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:16 - Apr 10 by homer_123

For all their nice interplay, they created very little in terms of scoring opportunities.

I don't think they were overly bothered about attacking. They were quite happy to sit in and spoil and they did a pretty good job of it overall

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:18 - Apr 10 with 1408 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:06 - Apr 10 by ITFCBlues

How many points do you expect Leeds and Leicester to get from theirs?

We only need to win them all if Leeds win all theirs and Leicester drop no more than 3 points. Of course winning this one was preferrable to a draw but we are keeping our noses ahead of Leeds and firmly grasping Leicester's legs at the moment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:20 - Apr 10 with 1400 viewsTheBoyBlue

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:16 - Apr 10 by homer_123

Totally agree. As I said, they need cutting edge, but they seem to have the rest.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:50 - Apr 10 with 1268 viewsTrumptonBlue

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 23:12 - Apr 10 by homer_123

We didn't quite create the opportunities to score in the second as we did in the first.

But yes, for all their attacking quality, they sat deep and rarely bothered us...like you, I never felt it was a game we'd loose.

I thought we might lose it as the ball sailed towards goal in the 94th minute.
Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 00:07 - Apr 11 with 1205 viewsWicklowBlue

I did think with all the subs and the Ref wasting time at the corner near the end that 4 mins added on was low.
Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 00:15 - Apr 11 with 1166 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 00:07 - Apr 11 by WicklowBlue

I did think with all the subs and the Ref wasting time at the corner near the end that 4 mins added on was low.

The annoying thing was the amount of time wasted by the ref talking to players and stopping set pieces being taken. He should have allowed much more time for his own time wasting!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 01:26 - Apr 11 with 984 viewsIllinoisblue

Coventry might be very deflated by the time they play us. Or resting players for a cup final, as crazy as that sounds. And as someone else said, playing away might suit us a little more.

Fk it, who knows. The only certainty is it’s going to be a roller coaster.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 08:03 - Apr 11 with 640 viewsSteve_M

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 00:15 - Apr 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

The annoying thing was the amount of time wasted by the ref talking to players and stopping set pieces being taken. He should have allowed much more time for his own time wasting!

Yep, two of those minutes were for him making it all about himself! Good game awareness there, Watford trying to slow the game down so he helps them.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 08:06 - Apr 11 with 625 viewsHerbivore

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 08:03 - Apr 11 by Steve_M

Yep, two of those minutes were for him making it all about himself! Good game awareness there, Watford trying to slow the game down so he helps them.

Happended in the Norwich and West Brom games as well. Refs are absolutely clueless when it comes to gamesmanship and their role in either enabling or tackling it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Watford tonight exactly the sort of team and tactics we struggle against on 08:13 - Apr 11 with 588 viewsNthQldITFC

Exactly how I see it. Our remaining four opponents will all be either chasing points or knackered from too many games in too short a space of time. Couple that with the reported illness we've been coping with, and I'd say that was the hardest game of the five for us to 'force' a win in.

We might be more likely to lose at Cov or maybe Hull, but we will also be more likely to win there, I think, particularly after a two week break and recovery time. Boro will chase on Saturday, which will help us.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024