Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on 10:15 - Apr 11 with 728 viewsNthQldITFC

the World Service at the moment?

'Elon Musk has predicted that AI will surpass human intelligence within a year. OpenAI and Meta have also said that they're on the brink of releasing new AI models that will be capable of reason and planning.'

Is this as expected, or has there been some step change in functionality?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 10:17 - Apr 11 with 714 viewsChurchman

Enter The Terminators!

‘I’ll be back!’
AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 10:21 - Apr 11 with 696 viewsredrickstuhaart

Musk is a grifter. Pinch of salt tbh.
AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 10:22 - Apr 11 with 689 viewsSteve_M

AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 10:21 - Apr 11 by redrickstuhaart

Now AI surpassing Musk's intelligence within a year on the other hand....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 10:31 - Apr 11 with 658 viewsNthQldITFC

AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 10:21 - Apr 11 by redrickstuhaart

It was more the other bit of it I was referring to:

'OpenAI and Meta have also said that they're on the brink of releasing new AI models that will be capable of reason and planning'

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 10:47 - Apr 11 with 638 viewsWeWereZombies

AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 10:31 - Apr 11 by NthQldITFC

'OpenAI and Meta have also said that they're on the brink of releasing new AI models that will be capable of reason and planning'

I've been hearing this for over three decades now. There again:

'After retiring, he wrote his memoir and began issuing warnings of the dangers of artificial intelligence. His central concern is not that AI is going to take away jobs, but that it has the potential to destroy trust, a linchpin of civilization.

“Today, for the first time in history, thanks to artificial intelligence, it is possible for anybody to make counterfeit people who can pass for real in many of the new digital environments we have created,” he wrote recently in The Atlantic. “These counterfeit people are the most dangerous artifacts in human history, capable of destroying not just economies but human freedom itself.”'

https://now.tufts.edu/2023/10/02/daniel-dennetts-been-thinking-about-thinking-an

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 11:19 - Apr 11 with 609 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

He also predicted we’d have men on Mars by 2025, and that Tesla would become consistently profitable….more chance of Norwich winning the Champions League.
AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 11:19 - Apr 11 with 606 viewsJ2BLUE

AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 10:47 - Apr 11 by WeWereZombies

I've been hearing this for over three decades now. There again:

'After retiring, he wrote his memoir and began issuing warnings of the dangers of artificial intelligence. His central concern is not that AI is going to take away jobs, but that it has the potential to destroy trust, a linchpin of civilization.

“Today, for the first time in history, thanks to artificial intelligence, it is possible for anybody to make counterfeit people who can pass for real in many of the new digital environments we have created,” he wrote recently in The Atlantic. “These counterfeit people are the most dangerous artifacts in human history, capable of destroying not just economies but human freedom itself.”'

https://now.tufts.edu/2023/10/02/daniel-dennetts-been-thinking-about-thinking-an

AI is taking jobs. Deepfakes will cause havoc.

Not much wrong there IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 11:51 - Apr 11 with 561 viewsTractorBrew

AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 10:31 - Apr 11 by NthQldITFC

Depends on your definition of planning and reasoning...AI has been doing planning for years, it's the fact people don't like to think of mathematical optimisation as a form of AI as it isn't as sexy or new as GenAI. Mathematical optimisation has been planning supply chains for about 40+ years
Login to get fewer ads

AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 12:10 - Apr 11 with 541 viewsBlueBadger

AI gurus: any significant step change in what's being discussed on on 10:22 - Apr 11 by Steve_M

Now AI surpassing Musk's intelligence within a year on the other hand....

To be fair, what I'm planning on putting in the dog's dish this evening has a reasonable chance of doing that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024