Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Davis assist 15:35 - Apr 14 with 1051 viewsRobTheMonk

Another few million on his price tag.

I think that's 17 now for the season which is ridiculous for a left back.
Another Davis assist on 16:05 - Apr 14 with 994 viewsSheffordBlue

There's a viewpoint that with the points deductions for FFP flying around that the market will remain quite depressed this summer, a bit like it was in January.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Another Davis assist on 20:12 - Apr 15 with 738 viewsZx1988

Another Davis assist on 16:05 - Apr 14 by SheffordBlue

There's a viewpoint that with the points deductions for FFP flying around that the market will remain quite depressed this summer, a bit like it was in January.

Any thoughts on what our position is likely to be if we don't go up and the market is depressed?

I'd like to think that we'd hold on if nobody meets our valuation. Or is it more a case of us not having much of a choice in the matter?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Another Davis assist on 20:46 - Apr 15 with 643 viewsLeoMuff

Another Davis assist on 20:12 - Apr 15 by Zx1988

Any thoughts on what our position is likely to be if we don't go up and the market is depressed?

I'd like to think that we'd hold on if nobody meets our valuation. Or is it more a case of us not having much of a choice in the matter?

Would have thought if we are still in the championship we will sell, you can’t spend significant amounts to upgrade your squad within ffp without selling, if you don’t have parachute payments

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Another Davis assist on 21:11 - Apr 15 with 583 viewsSheffordBlue

Another Davis assist on 20:12 - Apr 15 by Zx1988

Suspect we'll cash in - it will just be for quite a bit less than we might have got last summer. Of course the Prem changing the FFP rules might free things up again.

Another Davis assist on 21:26 - Apr 15 with 551 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another Davis assist on 21:11 - Apr 15 by SheffordBlue

Suspect we'll cash in - it will just be for quite a bit less than we might have got last summer. Of course the Prem changing the FFP rules might free things up again.

Just to clarify, you mean if the market had been the same as it was last summer. No way do we accept the same fee this summer as we might have accepted (if offered) last summer. Davis is now proven as a top Championship performer and was only proven as a top League 1 performer last summer. I doubt anyone would have offered us a fee we would have seriously considered last summer but something in the region of £5-10M would have been difficult to refuse.

This summer there is no way we sell Davis for less than double figures of millions. Wharton went for a reported £22M in the supposed depressed January market.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Another Davis assist on 21:32 - Apr 15 with 529 viewsSheffordBlue

Another Davis assist on 21:26 - Apr 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Just to clarify, you mean if the market had been the same as it was last summer. No way do we accept the same fee this summer as we might have accepted (if offered) last summer. Davis is now proven as a top Championship performer and was only proven as a top League 1 performer last summer. I doubt anyone would have offered us a fee we would have seriously considered last summer but something in the region of £5-10M would have been difficult to refuse.

This summer there is no way we sell Davis for less than double figures of millions. Wharton went for a reported £22M in the supposed depressed January market.

Poorly worded on my part. Take the same season and experience for him - I think we'd have got more for him off the back of a strong Championship season last summer than we might off the back of a strong Championship season this summer.

The market may well change before the window. Personally I think Wharton was a bit of an exception.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024