Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liz Truss 10:09 - Apr 16 with 2858 viewsLeoMuff

Absolutely everywhere at the moment promoting her book, she seems to have totally lost the plot recently or it’s just an act to sell her words.

Seems to think we should be completely deregulated and abolish all expert overseeing bodies, leave all the decisions to elected politicians, preferably the Tory right side.

All suits Labour very nicely I would think.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Liz Truss on 17:26 - Apr 16 with 585 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Liz Truss on 10:33 - Apr 16 by Blueschev

I listened to her interview with Ian Dale last night, she's completely deluded with absolutely zero self awareness, summed up beautifully by this excerpt from her book on when she was informed that the queen had passed away: "To be told this on only my second full day as prime minister felt utterly unreal. In a state of shock, I found myself thinking: 'Why me? Why now?'" Partridge-esque.

That was an absolute shocker.

And we should never forget that she made some questionable decisions as Foreign Secretary, too:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-63235573
Liz Truss on 17:39 - Apr 16 with 544 viewsClutch

Shes a moron.
Liz Truss on 17:53 - Apr 16 with 531 viewsSwansea_Blue

Liz Truss on 17:39 - Apr 16 by Clutch

Shes a moron.

Yet she made it through PPE at Oxford. I’m not sure how, as she certainly acts like a moron. Maybe she comes across as a moron due to her willingness to debase herself/feel no shame combined with her ideological fanaticism? Underneath there may be somebody who has some insight and self awareness. Even if that’s the case (and I may have given her too much credit), she’s unsuited to serving the people and was utterly out of her depth as a minister, let alone the PM.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Liz Truss on 18:00 - Apr 16 with 522 viewsChurchman

Liz Truss on 17:53 - Apr 16 by Swansea_Blue

Yet she made it through PPE at Oxford. I’m not sure how, as she certainly acts like a moron. Maybe she comes across as a moron due to her willingness to debase herself/feel no shame combined with her ideological fanaticism? Underneath there may be somebody who has some insight and self awareness. Even if that’s the case (and I may have given her too much credit), she’s unsuited to serving the people and was utterly out of her depth as a minister, let alone the PM.

She needed the most simplistic of things explaining to her several times apparently and even then she rarely at home to mr comprehension.

I don’t think there’s any self awareness or insight at all. What she has is certainty. Sort of ‘the world is flat’ sort of certainty regardless of any evidence to the contrary. A sort of lightweight version of Chris Grayling (DoT) who virtually needed a handler, a bit like a weight lifter.
Liz Truss on 19:13 - Apr 16 with 470 viewsMK1

Queen had more top 40 UK singles than Liz Truss had days as Prime Minister.
Liz Truss on 19:55 - Apr 16 with 429 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Liz Truss on 11:29 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

I caught the end of a BBC interview and literally shook my head.

When Truss was going for leadership / PM, Penny Mourdant was streets ahead and I predicted on an almost daily basis on here that she would be carved up by a Truss / Rishi alliance.

I will go to my grave not understanding how Truss ever got to be an MP, let alone PM.

During the contest Mother asked me why I despised Truss and I said it was because she had no brain. Mother then advised that she quite liked her. I asked in return what particular policies she liked but then she advised that she knew nothing about her policies.

Says it all really.

I sometimes wonder why we, the public have authority to vote. I occasionally think we should be run by the army.

Churchill said "the best argument against democracy is to hold a five minute conversation with the average voter" and "democracy is the worst system of government bar all the rest". At least I think Churchill was the second one as well as the first.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Liz Truss on 02:23 - Apr 17 with 351 viewsBlueBadger

Liz Truss on 17:53 - Apr 16 by Swansea_Blue

I'm starting to come to the view that PPE is the university equivalent of the class for kids who have safety scissor and have to reminded not to eat the crayons.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Liz Truss on 09:48 - Apr 17 with 276 viewsDJR

Great headline in today's Star.

Lettuce Liz: Plucky Daily Star lettuce is part of evil London elite
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024