Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We might just need to win all our games... 20:36 - Apr 16 with 1708 viewsNutkins_Return

Southampton are getting the points and the goal difference sorted tonight. Wow it's going to be a fight right to the end isn't it! Got to go to Hull and Cov away and get something. Minimum 4 points from them now and might need all of them.
We might just need to win all our games... on 20:38 - Apr 16 with 1681 views_clive_baker_

A lot of football to be played before we go to Hull, including 3 more games for Saints (1 away at Leicester) and 2 big ones for Leeds.

Either way we’ll likely need to win one of our away games I would think. Still, we’re capable of that.
We might just need to win all our games... on 20:38 - Apr 16 with 1669 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Although, if Leicester and Leeds lose all the rest of theirs, we already have enough points!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We might just need to win all our games... on 20:49 - Apr 16 with 1582 viewsVegtablue

I have no idea why some want them to keep winning and winning. 😂

Do people want Leeds to keep winning as well to keep them interested for Southampton lol? We could face a scenario in which a win for either of them on final day means curtains for us.
We might just need to win all our games... on 20:50 - Apr 16 with 1540 viewsFrimleyBlue

We might just need to win all our games... on 20:49 - Apr 16 by Vegtablue

Do people want Leeds to keep winning as well to keep them interested for Southampton lol? We could face a scenario in which a win for either of them on final day means curtains for us.

Because if they win all then leeds and Leicester can't. So it could be town and Southampton 1st and 2nd.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

We might just need to win all our games... on 20:59 - Apr 16 with 1451 viewstractorboy1978

We might just need to win all our games... on 20:50 - Apr 16 by FrimleyBlue

Because if they win all then leeds and Leicester can't. So it could be town and Southampton 1st and 2nd.

If they win all their games and Leicester win all theirs bar Southampton we will need 7 points, possibly 9 depending on GD. I find it mental people seem to want them to keep winning personally. If they win their next game and Leeds drop points, they are a bigger threat to us than Leeds!
We might just need to win all our games... on 21:01 - Apr 16 with 1425 viewsVegtablue

We might just need to win all our games... on 20:50 - Apr 16 by FrimleyBlue

If they win all their games they will finish on 96. Leicester would still be able to finish on 97, Leeds 93.

If we finish on the same points as the two Ls we're below them. Southampton will very soon be ahead on GD too, if they continue like this. We're simply increasing the likelihood that we need more and more points to get over the line and I find it odd.

If Southampton do win these two and then best Leicester, we'll have to beat Hull to go back ahead of them. A draw wouldn't cut it if Southampton maintain the +3 scoreline tonight.
We might just need to win all our games... on 21:04 - Apr 16 with 1368 viewskizaitfc

We might just need to win all our games... on 20:59 - Apr 16 by tractorboy1978

If they win all their games and Leicester win all theirs bar Southampton we will need 7 points, possibly 9 depending on GD. I find it mental people seem to want them to keep winning personally. If they win their next game and Leeds drop points, they are a bigger threat to us than Leeds!

I don't think it matters what we want to be honest, the Southampton players don't read this forum I'm afraid.

We just have to win our games we will know the state of affairs before we kick off next Saturday.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:06 - Apr 16 with 1345 views_clive_baker_

We might just need to win all our games... on 20:59 - Apr 16 by tractorboy1978

Innit.

I'll prescribe to the pro Saints school of thought if Leicester lose to WBA. As it is, Leicester could feasibly win 3 and lose to Southampton (97 points) meaning we need 3 wins to pip them. Southampton win them all they're on 96, meaning we possibly need 3 wins given their GD now. Leeds could be the least of our worries.

Simplicity says the less teams capable of top 2 the better for our chances. Neither Leicester nor Leeds will fancy playing Southampton regardless, I'd rather remove them as a variable. Still, that ain't happening tonight.

Either way there's no point 2nd guessing, loads of twists and turns to come I'm sure. Lets beat Hull that's all we can control.
Login to get fewer ads

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:08 - Apr 16 with 1312 viewsFrimleyBlue

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:01 - Apr 16 by Vegtablue

If they win all their games they will finish on 96. Leicester would still be able to finish on 97, Leeds 93.

If we finish on the same points as the two Ls we're below them. Southampton will very soon be ahead on GD too, if they continue like this. We're simply increasing the likelihood that we need more and more points to get over the line and I find it odd.

If Southampton do win these two and then best Leicester, we'll have to beat Hull to go back ahead of them. A draw wouldn't cut it if Southampton maintain the +3 scoreline tonight.

To many potentials really. Are leicester going to win 2 of 3. Can leeds. Will southamton beat both.

Let's just win 3 games and fk em. Lol.

Waka waka eh eh

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:09 - Apr 16 with 1303 views_clive_baker_

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:08 - Apr 16 by FrimleyBlue

To many potentials really. Are leicester going to win 2 of 3. Can leeds. Will southamton beat both.

All I know is I fecking hate this.

As you say, lets beat Hull. Biggest game since....Barnsley?
We might just need to win all our games... on 21:11 - Apr 16 with 1260 viewsFrimleyBlue

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:09 - Apr 16 by _clive_baker_

All I know is I fecking hate this.

As you say, lets beat Hull. Biggest game since....Barnsley?

All I pray is we make the most of this break but also get those legs moving next week so we don't have that quite regular laggy afterbreak game..

The biggest thing is KM working out now whats his best lineup for the 3 games.

Waka waka eh eh

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:15 - Apr 16 with 1160 viewsreusersfreekicks

I fear those home draws have scuppered us. Needed a bigger lwad going into 2 tricky away games
We might just need to win all our games... on 21:15 - Apr 16 with 1156 viewsSwansea_Blue

We might just need to win all our games... on 20:49 - Apr 16 by Vegtablue

I have no idea why you have no idea that some want them to keep winning .

It’s impossible to predict now. The top 4 could end up in any order.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:17 - Apr 16 with 1126 views_clive_baker_

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:11 - Apr 16 by FrimleyBlue

All I pray is we make the most of this break but also get those legs moving next week so we don't have that quite regular laggy afterbreak game..

The biggest thing is KM working out now whats his best lineup for the 3 games.

Yeah we've looked visibly cooked lately. Davis bless him has been flogged through necessity, and he's as fit as a butchers dog, but even he's been characteristic of someone without the running power he demonstrated earlier in the season. Burns, Clarke, Moore getting fresher, Hutchinson, Chaplin, I expect they'll all benefit from a break.

Hopefully we find ourselves against a Hull side with little to play for, and get the win. I fancy us against Cov tbh, their schedule is a joke and they might well be out of the playoff hunt themselves.

Ultimately if we go 5 games without a win at this stage (Norwich, Watford, Boro, Hull and Cov) then we wont have done enough to get promoted anyway.
We might just need to win all our games... on 21:18 - Apr 16 with 1120 viewsVegtablue

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:08 - Apr 16 by FrimleyBlue

It's a lovely solution but there's little need for us to wish a harder route on ourselves is there haha.

We see Leeds as a threat because they're 2 points behind us with better GD. But we want Southampton to also be 2 points behind us, and they're GD will also be better. And we then want Southampton to win two further games, with their only match unaccounted for then being a home tie against Stoke. I've said my piece. 😅
We might just need to win all our games... on 21:20 - Apr 16 with 1096 viewsVic

I reckon that’s a big, big ask.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:21 - Apr 16 with 1089 views_clive_baker_

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:18 - Apr 16 by Vegtablue

It's a lovely solution but there's little need for us to wish a harder route on ourselves is there haha.

We see Leeds as a threat because they're 2 points behind us with better GD. But we want Southampton to also be 2 points behind us, and they're GD will also be better. And we then want Southampton to win two further games, with their only match unaccounted for then being a home tie against Stoke. I've said my piece. 😅

Hopefully Leicester and Saints both slip up Saturday, that's definitely the best scenario. Leave Saints going to Leicester with both of them having an achievable points total 2 or 3 points lower than it is now, but with both teams needing a win.
We might just need to win all our games... on 21:23 - Apr 16 with 1063 viewsjoepublic

Surely there is one thing we all agree on.

Russell Martin is a ****

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:27 - Apr 16 with 1012 viewsSwansea_Blue

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:20 - Apr 16 by Vic

I reckon that’s a big, big ask.

I think it is too, but we’re capable IF we’re at the top of our game and have our shooting boots on.

In terms of results of other teams, I would have thought worse case scenario is S’ton dropping off and them being on the beach against Leicester and Leeds. We’ll probably need both those two to drop points. Maybe, but who knows. We could as easily carry on dropping points as we could win the last three, so it could be in our own hands or not.

This is a perfect illustration of why I don’t bet!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:30 - Apr 16 with 968 viewsVegtablue

We might just need to win all our games... on 21:21 - Apr 16 by _clive_baker_

Hopefully Leicester and Saints both slip up Saturday, that's definitely the best scenario. Leave Saints going to Leicester with both of them having an achievable points total 2 or 3 points lower than it is now, but with both teams needing a win.

100%. Keep them interested by all means, which they would be if they were 4 or 5 points behind us with 3 left to play. I'm confident they'll go with their strongest side until it's mathematically impossible. I suspect Martin would play his strongest side even if they were only fighting for 3rd. Finishing position matters to managers. He doesn't want to be beaten by all of the top three.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024