Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? 21:37 - Apr 16 with 3681 viewsSteve_M

Mansfield didn’t either.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:39 - Apr 16 with 2760 viewsSitfcB

Our fanbase is the wettest in the country.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:44 - Apr 16 with 2710 viewskizaitfc

Booourns doesn't play for Portsmouth do why would they

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:45 - Apr 16 with 2693 viewsITFC_Forever

Seem to remember Mansfield going up in 1992 as well….

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:48 - Apr 16 with 2640 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Stockport and Wrexham didn't either last Saturday.
Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:49 - Apr 16 with 2645 viewsbluelagos

German fans didn't seem to be booing...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:53 - Apr 16 with 2609 viewsIllinoisblue

Thinking back to last year’s booing… was it in part caused by some pre match warnings about possible points deductions for invading the pitch? (Deductions when have never ever happened for celebratory invasions)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:54 - Apr 16 with 2593 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:49 - Apr 16 by bluelagos

They were still on the pitch an hour after the final whistle.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:59 - Apr 16 with 2534 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:39 - Apr 16 by SitfcB

Have we done it again?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:59 - Apr 16 with 2542 viewsSitfcB

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:53 - Apr 16 by Illinoisblue

Thinking back to last year’s booing… was it in part caused by some pre match warnings about possible points deductions for invading the pitch? (Deductions when have never ever happened for celebratory invasions)

Think the EFL went in hard on warnings before games last season for some reason, maybe because of the Forest one the year before?

Not seen any such warnings from clubs on social media this week!

COYB

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:05 - Apr 16 with 2471 viewspointofblue

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:59 - Apr 16 by SitfcB

Think the EFL went in hard on warnings before games last season for some reason, maybe because of the Forest one the year before?

Not seen any such warnings from clubs on social media this week!

They were threatening anything and everything last year. No idea why. Can’t remember what happened at Forest?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:11 - Apr 16 with 2432 viewsSitfcB

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:05 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

They were threatening anything and everything last year. No idea why. Can’t remember what happened at Forest?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61505835.amp

COYB

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:20 - Apr 16 with 2352 viewsHipsterectomy

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:53 - Apr 16 by Illinoisblue

True or not, I think we were told it was the player's and staff's wishes to be able to come out and celebrate with their family, which they couldn't do if fans were on the pitch. I def remember them saying there would be no celebrations of any kind for fans if fans entered the pitch and that players would just celebrate in the dressing room.

May or may not be true, but how long did they think fans would be out there for? Especially with the footage of the players drinking and celebrating in the dressing room anyway

Edit: also the (wrong) threat from stewards where I was sat that entering the pitch would get you banned which put a lot of people off
[Post edited 16 Apr 22:22]

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:21 - Apr 16 with 2336 viewsredrickstuhaart

They might get a points deduction or play behind closed doors though. Certainly a hefty fine...
Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:25 - Apr 16 with 2296 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:21 - Apr 16 by redrickstuhaart

They might get a points deduction or play behind closed doors though. Certainly a hefty fine...

No. They won't.

The match had concluded. All the players were safe.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:46 - Apr 16 with 2196 viewsPlums

It was totally caused by that.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:48 - Apr 16 with 2183 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:46 - Apr 16 by Plums

It was totally caused by that.

Pompey even had a pre-invasion invasion. Imagine the booing for this.

62 - 78 - 81

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:52 - Apr 16 with 2155 viewsHighgateBlue

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:39 - Apr 16 by SitfcB

And our football club? Under the owners and the management that everyone loves so much? The club told us quite categorically we were not welcome on the pitch. Why do other fans get criticised so much when they are not the ones who set the rules?
Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:55 - Apr 16 with 2129 viewsSitfcB

COYB

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:56 - Apr 16 with 2119 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 21:49 - Apr 16 by bluelagos

Luckily the stewards had them in check, lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5xvAOlgj36/?igsh=MTBrbmxxNmdmZTBkMg%3D%3D&img_i

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 23:28 - Apr 16 with 2023 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:55 - Apr 16 by SitfcB

That is superb

62 - 78 - 81

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 07:18 - Apr 17 with 1695 viewsBluespeed225

I just hope we have the chance to debate/take part in/boo a celebratory pitch invasion!
Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 08:52 - Apr 17 with 1558 viewspointofblue

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:11 - Apr 16 by SitfcB

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61505835.amp

Not liking the contents of the link but as thanks for the post. I remember that now. I do remember the club saying the players wouldn't come out if people were ok the pitch as well which, from memory, is standard for any club anyway.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 10:07 - Apr 17 with 1432 viewsTractorCam

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:20 - Apr 16 by Hipsterectomy

True or not, I think we were told it was the player's and staff's wishes to be able to come out and celebrate with their family, which they couldn't do if fans were on the pitch. I def remember them saying there would be no celebrations of any kind for fans if fans entered the pitch and that players would just celebrate in the dressing room.

May or may not be true, but how long did they think fans would be out there for? Especially with the footage of the players drinking and celebrating in the dressing room anyway

Edit: also the (wrong) threat from stewards where I was sat that entering the pitch would get you banned which put a lot of people off
[Post edited 16 Apr 22:22]

Can't believe people actually believed that first bit.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 10:24 - Apr 17 with 1377 viewsyorkshireblue

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 22:25 - Apr 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

No. They won't.

The match had concluded. All the players were safe.

Just to clarify, I am very much in the "on the pitch" camp.

But, a Barnsley player was punched by multiple Pompey fans.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/barnsley-player-gets-hit-in-the-head-by-portsmouth-fan-d

I'm sure IF we go up, we'll have more class than that.
Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 10:44 - Apr 17 with 1327 viewsTractorCam

Anyone reckon Portsmouth fans are going to boo the pitch invasion coming soon? on 10:24 - Apr 17 by yorkshireblue

Just to clarify, I am very much in the "on the pitch" camp.

But, a Barnsley player was punched by multiple Pompey fans.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/barnsley-player-gets-hit-in-the-head-by-portsmouth-fan-d

I'm sure IF we go up, we'll have more class than that.

I can see why that would be the cause for concern. It's just baffling how you've won the league and your first thought is to punch an opposition player. Same as the Forest incident posted earlier, if that's someone's emotions when they're happy, you dread to think what they are like to be around when they are angry.

I'd like to think there was no safety concern to the Exeter players last year, and would be the same for Huddersfield this year.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024