Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football is such a strange industry 12:50 - Apr 17 with 3528 viewsChrisd

Leam Richardson whom so many were singing his praises, when Paul Cook took over here gets the boot from Rotherham United

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68834834

His stock was so high when he managed Wigan Athletic. Football is indeed a funny old game as one great man said.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Football is such a strange industry on 16:34 - Apr 17 with 601 viewsTrumptonBlue

Football is such a strange industry on 13:00 - Apr 17 by tonybied

This is exactly the reason why I don't believe it when people state that McKenna definitely wouldn't jump at a settled mid-table prem team. if one was serious about getting him and showed a little ambition I don't think it's that unlikely. Managerial careers can turn on a sixpence and you have to ride the wave whilst you can.

It does though suggest that we'd have a good chance of luring Steve Evans as his replacement, so, you know, every cloud has a crooked lining.
Football is such a strange industry on 16:55 - Apr 17 with 555 viewsJ2BLUE

Football is such a strange industry on 13:30 - Apr 17 by SitfcB

Barton would kill for the chance to manage a club like Rotherham.

Evans is a manager. The civilian should keep his mouth shut.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Football is such a strange industry on 17:00 - Apr 17 with 544 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Football is such a strange industry on 15:36 - Apr 17 by hype313

By all accounts Utd have their new man already sorted, and to be honest I think McKenna would have to do at least a season in the PL, can't see Utd plucking a Championship manager currently, regardless of previous history.

But I could certainly see him at a Villa or Brighton if we didn't go up.

If McKenna's ambitions extend to one day managing England, he might as well stay here

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Football is such a strange industry on 17:21 - Apr 17 with 515 viewsElephantintheRoom

Football is such a strange industry on 15:36 - Apr 17 by hype313

By all accounts Utd have their new man already sorted, and to be honest I think McKenna would have to do at least a season in the PL, can't see Utd plucking a Championship manager currently, regardless of previous history.

But I could certainly see him at a Villa or Brighton if we didn't go up.

Southampton and Leeds will be shopping for a new manager next month. Realistically that’s Mckennàs next step.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Football is such a strange industry on 17:24 - Apr 17 with 524 viewsPhilTWTD

Football is such a strange industry on 14:14 - Apr 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

People spoke (like it was a fact) that Cook was struggling because he didn't have Richardson, who was the real brains behind the operation. But it may just have been simply that they worked well together.

Worth pointing out Cook has been successful both before and after working with Richardson. They clearly have some coaching/managerial talent and evidently worked well, as you say. I did think when they were here that Richardson was talking too much about next year, seemed to have accepted relegation perhaps too readily.
Football is such a strange industry on 19:17 - Apr 17 with 424 viewsRyorry

Football is such a strange industry on 17:21 - Apr 17 by ElephantintheRoom

Southampton and Leeds will be shopping for a new manager next month. Realistically that’s Mckennàs next step.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Football is such a strange industry on 19:35 - Apr 17 with 410 viewsleitrimblue

Football is such a strange industry on 17:21 - Apr 17 by ElephantintheRoom

You think he would be willing to step down a league?
Football is such a strange industry on 16:30 - Apr 18 with 276 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Football is such a strange industry on 13:55 - Apr 17 by Europablue

To an extent. Loyalty gives you a bit of extra time. We would be fine with just about any manager if they were successful, but would turn quickly on a Russel Martin or similar.

Not sure George Burley would agree with that statement...
Login to get fewer ads

Football is such a strange industry on 17:43 - Apr 18 with 231 viewsWD19

Football is such a strange industry on 12:56 - Apr 17 by SitfcB

Steve Evans is a rascal.

Interesting spelling of the word ‘criminal’.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024