Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evertons financial situation 😲 20:28 - Apr 18 with 3592 viewsgtsb1966

£30 million a month in operational costs alone and now the takeover might not happen. Reading this makes me realise how much of a mess they are in.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68835735
Evertons financial situation 😲 on 13:42 - Apr 19 with 370 viewsChurchman

Evertons financial situation 😲 on 09:16 - Apr 19 by BlueandTruesince82

Isn't the Dele fee only applicable under certain circumstances which is has come to nowhere near meeting? So far, wages aside I thought he was effectively a free transfer or v nominal fee. I dont think those additional payment metrics will ever get triggered

This seems to lay it out. You are right re the fee. What I don’t understand is the last paragraph which suggests (a year ago) that Everton won’t want his contract to run out. Why?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dele-allis-true-cos

Anyway, just the £10m in wages then. Bargain.

I still dislike Everton.
Evertons financial situation 😲 on 14:01 - Apr 19 with 347 views_clive_baker_

Evertons financial situation 😲 on 13:33 - Apr 19 by BlueandTruesince82

There are changes on the horizon which should help break the big 4 monopoly somewhat where there may certain aspects of the work that will get picked up by smaller firms as they partner but the risk there is that you get coziness between firms. There is already an element of this and even time we get a major accounting scandal that involves poor practice we hear talk of change but its is very slow.

I agree that companies should have to change firms every say 4 or 5 years to ensure fresh eyes.

Truth is there is more wok out there than accountants to do it.

If you have kids with an aptitude for figures or an interest in economics or business I can tell you know they will always find work going into accountancy.

I would echo that. It's also a very good basis for non finance careers, should you so wish. I spent my early career in audit at KPMG, got qualified, did another finance role post that, and although I've pretty much left accounting behind now, my role is very numbers based and I wouldn't have got into it without that grounding.

There's some mad stat that 40% of FTSE CEO's are qualified accountants. Starting out in audit and accountancy doesn't have to mean a 40+ year career counting beans*

*not that there's anything wrong with that anyway, if that's what you like doing.
Evertons financial situation 😲 on 00:49 - Apr 20 with 265 viewseddiespearitt03

Evertons financial situation 😲 on 21:56 - Apr 18 by stonojnr

well quite, its the ******* law theyre supposed to !!!

couldnt believe the stories in the papers this week where theyre literally on a knife edge now whether theyre going into administration or not and its not over a few million its like 60-160 million, how have they got that much debt ??

Pure ignorance of money management, the football industry and incredible incompetence.

ITFC suffered similar mistakes.
Evertons financial situation 😲 on 06:59 - Apr 20 with 228 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Evertons financial situation 😲 on 13:42 - Apr 19 by Churchman

This seems to lay it out. You are right re the fee. What I don’t understand is the last paragraph which suggests (a year ago) that Everton won’t want his contract to run out. Why?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dele-allis-true-cos

Anyway, just the £10m in wages then. Bargain.

I still dislike Everton.

They mean they would rather they can sell/offload him this Summer rather than pay another seasons worth of wages without being able to play him (as even if he suddenly shows a huge turnaround in form they can’t afford to trigger the fee)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Evertons financial situation 😲 on 08:01 - Apr 20 with 209 viewsOldFart71

Just shows how crazy football is these day's. In many cases paying players more a week than many ordinary people earn in 10 years. Every year due to paying for the rights to show live matches those that bid for these rights pay more and more, battling to outbid the other. each year the price to the consumer increases and I don't see that their subscribers are now increasing. They are either stable or maybe down a bit. Supporters who go to matches are being used as cannon fodder, shuffled here and there and being made to attend away games at stupid o-clock. I fully understand the desire of these fans. The word itself "fan" is short for fanatic and that's exactly what someone who follows their club is. It's like a drug that the more you get the more you want. I know because I was one from the late 1950's until the mid 1980's. I still follow the Town, but rarely go. If a match is televised I go to a neighbours or the pub and have a few jars.
Evertons financial situation 😲 on 08:33 - Apr 20 with 174 viewschicoazul

Some glass houses and stones business going on in this thread lads. Lots of money coming into us at the moment from investors.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024