Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s all stay positive! 22:07 - Apr 22 with 2365 viewsblueprint

Win all 3 we’re up. Leeds could still slip up against QPR and/or Southampton so 3 wins may not be necessary.

I still think it could go to the last game of the season.

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:09 - Apr 22 with 2131 viewspennblue

Looks likely we will need to win all 3. QPR are on the beach, and Soton will be almost certainly resting players I would have thought, they would rather play us than Leeds in the play-offs. We can do it of course, but we will need to be fully at it.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:10 - Apr 22 with 2099 viewsChurchman

Love your positivity👍🏻. I wish I felt the same way.
Let’s all stay positive! on 22:19 - Apr 22 with 1978 viewsblueprint

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:10 - Apr 22 by Churchman

Whatever happens we can still have another shot at it in the playoffs.

If we have to face them lot up the A140 then so be it . This hoodoo they seem to have over us won’t last forever
Let’s all stay positive! on 22:20 - Apr 22 with 1962 viewsbazza

Leicester could slip up against saints and Preston away..
Let’s all stay positive! on 22:21 - Apr 22 with 1942 viewsbazza

I feel like someone just pulled my heart out, and fly kicked it into a crowd of Norwich fans..
Let’s all stay positive! on 22:24 - Apr 22 with 1907 viewsDubtractor

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:09 - Apr 22 by pennblue

Looks likely we will need to win all 3. QPR are on the beach, and Soton will be almost certainly resting players I would have thought, they would rather play us than Leeds in the play-offs. We can do it of course, but we will need to be fully at it.

QPR are on the beach? On what basis?!

They are not safe yet, and are 7th in the 6 game form table.

I actually had that game down as more likely to trip Leeds up than tonight.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:27 - Apr 22 with 1877 viewsChurchman

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:19 - Apr 22 by blueprint

If we have to face them lot up the A140 then so be it . This hoodoo they seem to have over us won’t last forever

I’d feel more positive if our form was better. We’ve been patchy for weeks and ripped about with injuries to key players for some time. We will need to win all three and we are just not scoring enough to do that.

Fortunately, I’m usually wrong. I dearly hope I am and it’s just a bad mood bringing in this pessimism.
Let’s all stay positive! on 22:29 - Apr 22 with 1842 viewsLankHenners

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:09 - Apr 22 by pennblue

Cardiff were 'on the beach' on Saturday when they beat Southampton, likewise Bristol City when they halted Norwich's home winning run.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:35 - Apr 22 with 1779 viewsDubtractor

Worth bearing in mind that if Leeds draw one game, we then 'only' need to win two. Really wouldn't be that much of a surprise for Leeds to fail to win one of their two remaining games.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:37 - Apr 22 with 1729 viewspeterleeblue

It's horrible isn't it. I go from us winning promotion with the last kick on the last day to watching is in the play offs and smiling wryly as chance after chance goes begging at Portman Road as the Scum defend their 1-0 first leg lead. Torturous!

Why do we do it?
Let’s all stay positive! on 22:38 - Apr 22 with 1712 viewsLankHenners

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:35 - Apr 22 by Dubtractor

Worth bearing in mind that if Leeds draw one game, we then 'only' need to win two. Really wouldn't be that much of a surprise for Leeds to fail to win one of their two remaining games.

True though think I'd be physically sick if we went into the last day needing a win whilst hoping for a draw at Elland Road.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:40 - Apr 22 with 1666 viewsportmanking

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:27 - Apr 22 by Churchman

I’d feel more positive if our form was better. We’ve been patchy for weeks and ripped about with injuries to key players for some time. We will need to win all three and we are just not scoring enough to do that.

Fortunately, I’m usually wrong. I dearly hope I am and it’s just a bad mood bringing in this pessimism.

No I think you've nailed why 3 wins is such a tall order.

Winning three on the bounce in this league is hard at the best of times but doing it with so much on the line... I dunno. You can't compare last season to this either. This is a serious prize at stake.

I hope and pray we're all over our illnesses and can use this fortnight to regain our sharpness.
Let’s all stay positive! on 22:44 - Apr 22 with 1597 viewspennblue

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:24 - Apr 22 by Dubtractor

ah its 4, I thought they were 6 clear

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:47 - Apr 22 with 1568 viewsDubtractor

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:38 - Apr 22 by LankHenners

True though think I'd be physically sick if we went into the last day needing a win whilst hoping for a draw at Elland Road.

Christ, it will be dreadful, but this is the reality of actually being a decent team again.

Honestly, my heart rate was stupid during the Boro home game, and relatively speaking that was a low stakes game.

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:58 - Apr 22 with 1477 viewsbackwaywhen

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:40 - Apr 22 by portmanking

No I think you've nailed why 3 wins is such a tall order.

Winning three on the bounce in this league is hard at the best of times but doing it with so much on the line... I dunno. You can't compare last season to this either. This is a serious prize at stake.

I hope and pray we're all over our illnesses and can use this fortnight to regain our sharpness.

I believe both Hirst and Burns are back training…..don’t shoot the messenger.
Let’s all stay positive! on 23:12 - Apr 22 with 1410 viewsquad

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:35 - Apr 22 by Dubtractor

Interesting. If Leeds draw at QPR and we lose at Hull, it will still be in our own hands.
Let’s all stay positive! on 23:38 - Apr 22 with 1341 viewsEuropablue

I'm really hoping that the players have the mindset of we will be brave and go for it. It's much better to go out swinging than draw games 0-0 because we didn't take risks. Then they can have the playoffs as an insurance policy and not a worst case scenario. Even if it is the playoffs, then we need to back ourselves because we would be the best team in the playoffs. Automatics would just be a better conclusion to the story ideally Leicester slip up tomorrow and we win our last three matches to be crowned champions!
Let’s all stay positive! on 23:41 - Apr 22 with 1333 viewsEuropablue

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:27 - Apr 22 by Churchman

We've needed a break. Our form will improve and we will be sharper and we can expend all our energy to get three wins!
Let’s all stay positive! on 23:46 - Apr 22 with 1318 viewsStodge1

Definitely still positive. Think table after Hull game will be:

Leicester 92 points (lose Saints, draw Preston)
Town 92 points (beat Hull)
Leeds. 91 points (draw QPR)
Saints 90 points (beat Leicester and Stoke)

We just then need to win 1 of last 2. Believe!!
Let’s all stay positive! on 02:50 - Apr 23 with 1107 viewsquirkie

I'm positive that we are in the play offs and going to lose to the scum.

We will get 4 pts from the next 9, we had it in our hands last week, 2 pts from 9 was our undoing.

We'll be better prepared for the Championship next season though, I'm very positive about that.

We've done way better than expected this season so I'm positive about that too.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Let’s all stay positive! on 06:28 - Apr 23 with 867 viewsBlue_Heath

Same, sadly I think last game of the season will need us to overturn a huge goal difference deficit to go up or that it will be a dead rubber.
Let’s all stay positive! on 06:34 - Apr 23 with 846 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Obviously anything can happen between now and the end of the season.

But that was a big blow last night. We desperately need QPR to get something against Leeds, as I think 96 points is the most we'll get.
Let’s all stay positive! on 06:46 - Apr 23 with 813 viewstractorboy1978

Let’s all stay positive! on 22:24 - Apr 22 by Dubtractor

Boro absolutely played into Leeds hands last night. Too open and made it a basketball game with a team that simply have better players than them. Reminded me of our 2 games against them.

There is a template for getting a result against Leeds that Huddersfield, Blackburn and Sunderland have used in recent weeks. QPR only need a point and haven't conceded many goals under Cifuentes. Hopefully they can get something.
Let’s all stay positive! on 08:04 - Apr 23 with 665 viewsSteve_M

Let’s all stay positive! on 06:46 - Apr 23 by tractorboy1978

Boro absolutely played into Leeds hands last night. Too open and made it a basketball game with a team that simply have better players than them. Reminded me of our 2 games against them.

There is a template for getting a result against Leeds that Huddersfield, Blackburn and Sunderland have used in recent weeks. QPR only need a point and haven't conceded many goals under Cifuentes. Hopefully they can get something.

Yeah, small pitch and last home game of the season too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Let’s all stay positive! on 08:05 - Apr 23 with 658 viewsportmanking

Let’s all stay positive! on 08:04 - Apr 23 by Steve_M

Yeah, small pitch and last home game of the season too.

Very small pitch indeed. Won't make it easy for Leeds to get in behind them.

They've actually conceded fewer goals than Boro too. It's scoring them that's been the main problem for Rangers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024