Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? 15:29 - Apr 23 with 863 viewsITFCson

Saw a post on FB from a Leeds fan suggesting they have been very unlucky with officials decisions. I had to reply and then he wrote this waffle - I ONLY reference Ipswich....
not Southampton, or Leicester, or Huddrsfi3ld (our rivals?) or Boro, or ANY OTHER CHAMPIONSHIP team because its ONLY Ipswoch that have had unreal help from officials. The rest have all had their fair share of good and bad.....whereas Ipswich have had the "love in" and it’s made many sick. If you are a fan of them, then you'll know this butbprobanly want to hide behind a "we are like Brazil" mask. If it were true......then you would not have had the batterings you've had off Leeds and the LUCK in games against Soutjampton and Leicester like you did. If you support a club OTHER than Ipswich, them I get your point.
Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 15:47 - Apr 23 with 777 viewsIllinoisblue

Some of the debate, if you can call it that, is very tiresome. I keep seeing people moan about us only having 3 or penalties this season compared to Leeds and Leicester who are on double figures. Other than the one recently away at Blackburn where Broady was very clearly having his shirt pulled in the box, I really can’t think of any obvious other penalty shouts. I’m sure there’s been a few. Every club can say that. Meh.

The real outstanding luck of the season is Leicester being able to exploit a loophole and cheat their way to success.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 16:11 - Apr 23 with 702 viewsITFCson

Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 15:47 - Apr 23 by Illinoisblue

Some of the debate, if you can call it that, is very tiresome. I keep seeing people moan about us only having 3 or penalties this season compared to Leeds and Leicester who are on double figures. Other than the one recently away at Blackburn where Broady was very clearly having his shirt pulled in the box, I really can’t think of any obvious other penalty shouts. I’m sure there’s been a few. Every club can say that. Meh.

The real outstanding luck of the season is Leicester being able to exploit a loophole and cheat their way to success.

Yeah I would not argue we’ve been unlucky due to a lack of pens. We have had a lot of really bad offside calls go against us though. I’m curious what the unreal luck is we have supposedly of had in our favor is.
Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 16:27 - Apr 23 with 656 viewsStokieBlue

Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 16:11 - Apr 23 by ITFCson

Yeah I would not argue we’ve been unlucky due to a lack of pens. We have had a lot of really bad offside calls go against us though. I’m curious what the unreal luck is we have supposedly of had in our favor is.

Disagree, I think we have been unlucky with pens and it started on the very first day when Hirst was assaulted when about to score.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 16:27 - Apr 23 with 655 viewsIllinoisblue

Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 16:11 - Apr 23 by ITFCson

Deflected Morsy goal v Leicester at home could be classed as “lucky” I suppose. Jeremy hitting the post v Boro unlucky, maybe. It’s endless. It’s just football the way it’s always been.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 16:32 - Apr 23 with 613 viewsiamatractorboy

Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 16:27 - Apr 23 by StokieBlue

Disagree, I think we have been unlucky with pens and it started on the very first day when Hirst was assaulted when about to score.

SB

I can think of at least two just vs Rotherham away, and then same team in the home game being awarded a farcical spot kick of their own.
Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 16:41 - Apr 23 with 573 viewsNthQldITFC

If I think about the metadata here (not about what might or might not have happened in Ipswich games), I see that Leeds are one of the relegated teams from the Premier League with hundreds of millions of pounds worth of investment in players. I see also that Ipswich are one of the promoted teams from League One with a few million in player investments.

I then see Leeds fans who are angry or ashamed or embarrassed about their club being behind (or potentially behind) Ipswich, and I then see attempts to bullsh!t and cover up that shame and embarrassment.

Then I have a jolly good chuckle to myself.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 17:00 - Apr 23 with 525 viewsHerbivore

Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 15:47 - Apr 23 by Illinoisblue

We've had a few stonewall (Hirst at Sunderland and Rotherham, Broadhead at Blackburn as you mention) and then several that were marginal but fairly typical of several pens that Leeds and Leicester have been awarded (Hutch at Huddersfield, Jackson at home to Saints, handball at Rotherham, even Hutch at Nodge is the sort Leeds and Leicester have been getting, there's been others, these are just ones I can actually remember off the top of my head). We're one of the most attacking sides in the league and spend a lot of time in the opposition box so it does seem a bit anomalous how few pens we've had compared to our rivals.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 17:04 - Apr 23 with 509 viewsHerbivore

Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 16:27 - Apr 23 by Illinoisblue

Deflected Morsy goal v Leicester at home could be classed as “lucky” I suppose. Jeremy hitting the post v Boro unlucky, maybe. It’s endless. It’s just football the way it’s always been.

Both of Nodge's goals against us at PR owed a lot to luck and the first one was offside. Preston's first two goals against us were actually farcical, both in luck and shocking decisions. Leeds scored a goal that was a yard offside and there looked to be a clear offside in the lead up to their pen as well (which was no more a foul than a few we've not been given) and Bamford scored with his had a few weeks back. Leicester also had a goal chalked off against them for literally nothing. Leeds can pipe down about us having luck from refs, quite frankly. If the Championship had VAR we'd probably be up already, they certainly wouldn't.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 17:09 - Apr 23 with 466 views_clive_baker_

Ultimately its all very subjective and utterly meaningless. I'm not sure I prescribe to the idea that its rigged, but I do think the standard of refereeing in the Championship is diabolical, I think some are complete bottle jobs when it comes to the 'big teams' like Leeds and I do find it very, very difficult to accept that we've only had a foul committed against us 3 times this season in the opposition penalty area. When you consider the number of penalty box entries its completely out of kilter with others and I'm at a loss to explain that one.
Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 17:12 - Apr 23 with 450 viewsReusersTown

Are biased in thinking we’ve been unlucky this year with referee decisions? on 16:27 - Apr 23 by StokieBlue

SB

And Hirst against Rotherham
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024