Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I started using this message board in 1999 17:07 - Apr 27 with 1794 viewsDeepBlueSea

In that time we’ve had 3 new Phils and 6 new Gavs.

But who can go back further than 1999? It must be a few of you, I seem to remember it being pretty well established (and more polite) even back then in the relatively early days of the internet.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:27 - Apr 27 with 434 viewsBuhrer

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:15 - Apr 27 by Keno

I must have started about then or a bit before

Initially on dial up internet

Dial up. When one picture of tits could become a 3 minute strip show. Twtd
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:31 - Apr 27 with 432 viewsBuhrer

I've forgotten but it could be anytime from 1996 onwards sporadically with random names, though my peak was probably 99-11.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:39 - Apr 27 with 406 viewsheavyweight

Round about then I guess - on dialup.

A poster named 'Boom' was very profilic at the time.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:42 - Apr 27 with 402 viewsbluelagos

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:27 - Apr 27 by tonybied

Been here since 95.

Did you ever walk down the Glascote road wearing a town shirt? I remember seeing someone heading towards town probably in the late 90's donning the sacred shirt but I was young and timid at the time. I would say hello if I saw someone here wearing it kit now but not back then! Apologies, in another reality we're probably buds!

BTW I first started using the site around 1999/2000, it actually cost me my job at around that time. I was working for a data capture company and the guy that ran the IT side of things (who was a massive knob) had a computer that had a modem in his office. I was working overtime on one Saturday and snuck into his office used his computer to check the site. I shut everything down and carried on with my work. Monday comes around and I'm summoned into the owners office and promptly sacked for using the internet without authorisation. I had forgotten to wipe the browsing history and the IT guy dobbed me in, jobsworth!

I don't think I registered until around 2002 and even then I was more of a lurker.

Glascote road in Tamworth. Not sure I'd have ever walked down there tbh, maybe if I was watching a Tamworth game which I probably did 2 or 3 times a year max.

We used to do an all dayer on a Sunday - watch the Sunday morning pub match and then hit the local pub. Mid afternoon Into town before back to the WMC early evening.

The bit that me laugh most - was how accurate Peter Kay's Phoenix nights was with regards to the clubs!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:44 - Apr 27 with 398 viewshomer_123

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:56 - Apr 27 by Illinoisblue

I was TopShelfBlue back in early 00s.

That explains a lot!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:46 - Apr 27 with 387 viewsvilanovablue

1997 for me.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:57 - Apr 27 with 369 viewsDeepBlueSea

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:21 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

I reckon I was around '96. Posted as WilnecoteBlue as that was where I was living. My employer had set up a lunch time internet cafe where we could surf in our lunch hours if we chose to on one of 2 PCs.

My first ever post was something like "I fcking hate Norwich" and I got my first ever 2 pager (or whatever the equivalent was)

Edit: Remember a couple of old names, CheeseBoy of Dudley being one. He was like a young Rommers - someone pinched his flag at an away game and he was proper unhappy about it. It was literally drawn on in Crayon which made his protests a little melodramatic.
[Post edited 27 Apr 17:29]

I 100% remember Cheese boy of Dudley, my god that was a long time ago!
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:57 - Apr 27 with 369 viewssolemio

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:57 - Apr 27 by Keno

That’s a good incentive to try to remember

Very droll, Keno.
Login to get fewer ads

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:01 - Apr 27 with 351 viewstonybied

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:42 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

Glascote road in Tamworth. Not sure I'd have ever walked down there tbh, maybe if I was watching a Tamworth game which I probably did 2 or 3 times a year max.

We used to do an all dayer on a Sunday - watch the Sunday morning pub match and then hit the local pub. Mid afternoon Into town before back to the WMC early evening.

The bit that me laugh most - was how accurate Peter Kay's Phoenix nights was with regards to the clubs!

I 100% seen someone wearing town kit around that time! Could it be Lucan? I know he has family local to Tamworth. Come on own up, who was it?

I had the reception for my wedding to my ex-wife at Belgrave wmc, what a dive that place was!
I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:05 - Apr 27 with 347 viewsPlums

Definitely in 1999 as I was in my final year at Coventry. I owned a canary called Norwichscum who had his own website at one point.
I used a few embryonic boards before that.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:11 - Apr 27 with 334 viewsitfc_bucks

Early 00s.

Was BluetotheBone for a while back then. 03-06 was at uni with BritBoyLangers.

I remember Bulbeck Blue being quite outspoken back then.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:13 - Apr 27 with 317 viewsKeno

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:57 - Apr 27 by solemio

Very droll, Keno.

sorry its been a very long day

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:16 - Apr 27 with 301 viewsLord_Lucan

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:01 - Apr 27 by tonybied

I 100% seen someone wearing town kit around that time! Could it be Lucan? I know he has family local to Tamworth. Come on own up, who was it?

I had the reception for my wedding to my ex-wife at Belgrave wmc, what a dive that place was!

I have no one in Tamworth

????????

I have a vague memory about Tamworth and Covid on here

Did I help someone in Tamworth or did someone help me for a friend of a friend

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:20 - Apr 27 with 289 viewstonybied

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:16 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

I have no one in Tamworth

????????

I have a vague memory about Tamworth and Covid on here

Did I help someone in Tamworth or did someone help me for a friend of a friend

Ah sorry, I helped someone in Tamworth for you in COVID times. My dodgy memory had told me it was one of your family members.

The mystery goes on then!!!!
I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:25 - Apr 27 with 280 viewssolemio

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:13 - Apr 27 by Keno

sorry its been a very long day

Has it? Surely every day has 72 hours.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:26 - Apr 27 with 279 viewsblueasfook

I think about 98/99. Someone at work showed me TWTD. I also remember Phil and Gav selling the fanzine outside PR on match days from their little stall. Now look at them. International media tycoons.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:28 - Apr 27 with 271 viewsLord_Lucan

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:20 - Apr 27 by tonybied

Ah sorry, I helped someone in Tamworth for you in COVID times. My dodgy memory had told me it was one of your family members.

The mystery goes on then!!!!

I remember now, thanks very much.

I had forgotten all about it. My bad memory tells me that a work colleague of my daughter had parents in Tamworth who needed some shopping.

I vaguely remember now that part of the list was a bottle of gin??

Sorry that I forgot, I have a genuinely bad memory, i's a genuine medical condition.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:35 - Apr 27 with 243 viewsKeno

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:25 - Apr 27 by solemio

Has it? Surely every day has 72 hours.

Sales of Andrex must has rocketed in the area

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:46 - Apr 27 with 224 viewsMVBlue

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:46 - Apr 27 by vilanovablue

1997 for me.

I first found the board around the time Maricio Tarrico left in 1997. I was studying computer science at University and used to browse the website in the computer labs. I remember adding pictures to GeoCities and linking them to posts, used to be NottinghamBlue.

I did also meet everyone from TWTD that arranged to meet for a Sheffield United match at Portman road in 1999, just before the playoffs. Remember a few of the folks, any of you there that day?

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:56 - Apr 27 with 209 viewsWD19

1997ish. Maybe a bit before.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 20:46 - Apr 27 with 183 viewsKropotkin123

As a Town-obsessed kid, living outside of Ipswich, I used to get the fanzine, was on the old website from as soon as it was advertised. I even meet Phil outside the ground to get a signed copy of his book 😂

Was funny when I would get rid of spare tickets and people realized they had been chatting to a kid!

But to answer your question, definitely earlier, but not sure when.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024