Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I started using this message board in 1999 17:07 - Apr 27 with 2055 viewsDeepBlueSea

In that time we’ve had 3 new Phils and 6 new Gavs.

But who can go back further than 1999? It must be a few of you, I seem to remember it being pretty well established (and more polite) even back then in the relatively early days of the internet.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:27 - Apr 27 with 486 viewsBuhrer

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:15 - Apr 27 by Keno

I must have started about then or a bit before

Initially on dial up internet

Dial up. When one picture of tits could become a 3 minute strip show. Twtd
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:31 - Apr 27 with 484 viewsBuhrer

I've forgotten but it could be anytime from 1996 onwards sporadically with random names, though my peak was probably 99-11.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:39 - Apr 27 with 458 viewsheavyweight

Round about then I guess - on dialup.

A poster named 'Boom' was very profilic at the time.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:42 - Apr 27 with 454 viewsbluelagos

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:27 - Apr 27 by tonybied

Been here since 95.

Did you ever walk down the Glascote road wearing a town shirt? I remember seeing someone heading towards town probably in the late 90's donning the sacred shirt but I was young and timid at the time. I would say hello if I saw someone here wearing it kit now but not back then! Apologies, in another reality we're probably buds!

BTW I first started using the site around 1999/2000, it actually cost me my job at around that time. I was working for a data capture company and the guy that ran the IT side of things (who was a massive knob) had a computer that had a modem in his office. I was working overtime on one Saturday and snuck into his office used his computer to check the site. I shut everything down and carried on with my work. Monday comes around and I'm summoned into the owners office and promptly sacked for using the internet without authorisation. I had forgotten to wipe the browsing history and the IT guy dobbed me in, jobsworth!

I don't think I registered until around 2002 and even then I was more of a lurker.

Glascote road in Tamworth. Not sure I'd have ever walked down there tbh, maybe if I was watching a Tamworth game which I probably did 2 or 3 times a year max.

We used to do an all dayer on a Sunday - watch the Sunday morning pub match and then hit the local pub. Mid afternoon Into town before back to the WMC early evening.

The bit that me laugh most - was how accurate Peter Kay's Phoenix nights was with regards to the clubs!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:44 - Apr 27 with 450 viewshomer_123

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:56 - Apr 27 by Illinoisblue

I was TopShelfBlue back in early 00s.

That explains a lot!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:46 - Apr 27 with 439 viewsvilanovablue

1997 for me.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:57 - Apr 27 with 421 viewsDeepBlueSea

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:21 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

I reckon I was around '96. Posted as WilnecoteBlue as that was where I was living. My employer had set up a lunch time internet cafe where we could surf in our lunch hours if we chose to on one of 2 PCs.

My first ever post was something like "I fcking hate Norwich" and I got my first ever 2 pager (or whatever the equivalent was)

Edit: Remember a couple of old names, CheeseBoy of Dudley being one. He was like a young Rommers - someone pinched his flag at an away game and he was proper unhappy about it. It was literally drawn on in Crayon which made his protests a little melodramatic.
[Post edited 27 Apr 17:29]

I 100% remember Cheese boy of Dudley, my god that was a long time ago!
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:57 - Apr 27 with 421 viewssolemio

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:57 - Apr 27 by Keno

That’s a good incentive to try to remember

Very droll, Keno.
Login to get fewer ads

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:01 - Apr 27 with 403 viewstonybied

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:42 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

Glascote road in Tamworth. Not sure I'd have ever walked down there tbh, maybe if I was watching a Tamworth game which I probably did 2 or 3 times a year max.

We used to do an all dayer on a Sunday - watch the Sunday morning pub match and then hit the local pub. Mid afternoon Into town before back to the WMC early evening.

The bit that me laugh most - was how accurate Peter Kay's Phoenix nights was with regards to the clubs!

I 100% seen someone wearing town kit around that time! Could it be Lucan? I know he has family local to Tamworth. Come on own up, who was it?

I had the reception for my wedding to my ex-wife at Belgrave wmc, what a dive that place was!
I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:05 - Apr 27 with 399 viewsPlums

Definitely in 1999 as I was in my final year at Coventry. I owned a canary called Norwichscum who had his own website at one point.
I used a few embryonic boards before that.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:11 - Apr 27 with 386 viewsitfc_bucks

Early 00s.

Was BluetotheBone for a while back then. 03-06 was at uni with BritBoyLangers.

I remember Bulbeck Blue being quite outspoken back then.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:13 - Apr 27 with 369 viewsKeno

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:57 - Apr 27 by solemio

Very droll, Keno.

sorry its been a very long day

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:16 - Apr 27 with 353 viewsLord_Lucan

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:01 - Apr 27 by tonybied

I 100% seen someone wearing town kit around that time! Could it be Lucan? I know he has family local to Tamworth. Come on own up, who was it?

I had the reception for my wedding to my ex-wife at Belgrave wmc, what a dive that place was!

I have no one in Tamworth

????????

I have a vague memory about Tamworth and Covid on here

Did I help someone in Tamworth or did someone help me for a friend of a friend

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:20 - Apr 27 with 341 viewstonybied

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:16 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

I have no one in Tamworth

????????

I have a vague memory about Tamworth and Covid on here

Did I help someone in Tamworth or did someone help me for a friend of a friend

Ah sorry, I helped someone in Tamworth for you in COVID times. My dodgy memory had told me it was one of your family members.

The mystery goes on then!!!!
I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:25 - Apr 27 with 332 viewssolemio

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:13 - Apr 27 by Keno

sorry its been a very long day

Has it? Surely every day has 72 hours.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:26 - Apr 27 with 331 viewsblueasfook

I think about 98/99. Someone at work showed me TWTD. I also remember Phil and Gav selling the fanzine outside PR on match days from their little stall. Now look at them. International media tycoons.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:28 - Apr 27 with 323 viewsLord_Lucan

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:20 - Apr 27 by tonybied

Ah sorry, I helped someone in Tamworth for you in COVID times. My dodgy memory had told me it was one of your family members.

The mystery goes on then!!!!

I remember now, thanks very much.

I had forgotten all about it. My bad memory tells me that a work colleague of my daughter had parents in Tamworth who needed some shopping.

I vaguely remember now that part of the list was a bottle of gin??

Sorry that I forgot, I have a genuinely bad memory, i's a genuine medical condition.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:35 - Apr 27 with 295 viewsKeno

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:25 - Apr 27 by solemio

Has it? Surely every day has 72 hours.

Sales of Andrex must has rocketed in the area

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:46 - Apr 27 with 276 viewsMVBlue

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:46 - Apr 27 by vilanovablue

1997 for me.

I first found the board around the time Maricio Tarrico left in 1997. I was studying computer science at University and used to browse the website in the computer labs. I remember adding pictures to GeoCities and linking them to posts, used to be NottinghamBlue.

I did also meet everyone from TWTD that arranged to meet for a Sheffield United match at Portman road in 1999, just before the playoffs. Remember a few of the folks, any of you there that day?

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 19:56 - Apr 27 with 261 viewsWD19

1997ish. Maybe a bit before.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 20:46 - Apr 27 with 235 viewsKropotkin123

As a Town-obsessed kid, living outside of Ipswich, I used to get the fanzine, was on the old website from as soon as it was advertised. I even meet Phil outside the ground to get a signed copy of his book 😂

Was funny when I would get rid of spare tickets and people realized they had been chatting to a kid!

But to answer your question, definitely earlier, but not sure when.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024