Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we 20:56 - Apr 27 with 1795 viewsLord_Lucan

find a bloody happy medium?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 20:58 - Apr 27 with 1501 viewsNutkins_Return

It's just spacial awareness. Absolute suicide to give Morsy the ball there. The only thing he can and should do with it is give it back and the Hladky would have to go long. So in that scenario it goes. Hladky has actually been excellent up to there tonight. Morsy some blame. Should have passed straight back and told Hladky not there.
[Post edited 27 Apr 23:00]
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 20:59 - Apr 27 with 1480 viewspowinswitch

Yeah. It’s easy to be wise after the event. This is how we play. You don’t get th burns goal v Cov or Chaplin goal v Hull home without this way of playing
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:00 - Apr 27 with 1456 viewshomer_123

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 20:58 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

It's just spacial awareness. Absolute suicide to give Morsy the ball there. The only thing he can and should do with it is give it back and the Hladky would have to go long. So in that scenario it goes. Hladky has actually been excellent up to there tonight. Morsy some blame. Should have passed straight back and told Hladky not there.

It's not a suicide ball at all. It beggars belief people still don't understand how we play.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:01 - Apr 27 with 1426 viewstazdac

I’m happy but more of an XXL. ;o)
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:02 - Apr 27 with 1384 viewsFrimleyBlue

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:00 - Apr 27 by homer_123

It's not a suicide ball at all. It beggars belief people still don't understand how we play.

Also Burgess was left and wolfy was right. A quick morsy to hladky ball goes wide and we are out the blocks.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:03 - Apr 27 with 1399 viewsBlue_In_Boston

We concede more than we score playing it around at the back, as does every team other than Manchester City.
Yes, Burns goal v Coventry was something special but make a list of the gifts we have handed out.
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:03 - Apr 27 with 1381 viewsGlasgowBlue

No. We are where we are for. Reason. High risk high reward. We’ve scored far more from starting out of the back than we have conceded.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:04 - Apr 27 with 1329 viewsBLUEBEAT

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:03 - Apr 27 by Blue_In_Boston

We concede more than we score playing it around at the back, as does every team other than Manchester City.
Yes, Burns goal v Coventry was something special but make a list of the gifts we have handed out.

Amazing so many teams continue to do it then, hey?

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:05 - Apr 27 with 1327 viewsredrickstuhaart

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 20:58 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

Morsy requested it.

Its all good. Maybe 3 goals this season that way?

How many do most concede from a hoof that gives away possession and comes straight back?
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:05 - Apr 27 with 1319 viewshomer_123

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:03 - Apr 27 by Blue_In_Boston

I think you misunderstand the wider purpose that playing out offers.

We've been playing this way under KM and literally everything points to it working.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:05 - Apr 27 with 1318 viewsredrickstuhaart

Simply not accurate.
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:06 - Apr 27 with 1295 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

“We concede more than we score playing it around at the back”

Yeah that explains our -76 goal difference…

What sh1twitted nonsense is this - we are second in the league and the top scoring team.
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:09 - Apr 27 with 1262 viewsvictorywilhappen

Mystic Meg had a grin after the last visit .
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:09 - Apr 27 with 1254 viewsStewart27

No we don’t.
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 23:03 - Apr 27 with 1147 viewsNutkins_Return

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:00 - Apr 27 by homer_123

Very few people don't understand how we play now. I agree it wasn't a suicide ball it was a poor ball and wrong option. Up to that point he'd got the balance bang on right. Forgivable.

Understanding how we play and the benefits of passing about is different to also understanding when a ball puts us under massive difficulty and threat without an attacking benefit (i.e. Morsy has no clear out and their press and traps are set).
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 23:05 - Apr 27 with 1108 viewspointofblue

Playing out the back wasn't the problem. It was the choices made. Hladky shouldn't have given it to Morsy. Morsy should have immediately passed it back to Hladky or to Burgess who was free to his left.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 23:08 - Apr 27 with 1070 viewsVegtablue

Indeed, repeating it relentlessly doesn't make it so. He has sweeping passes either side of him when the ball is played. Is it the third or fourth touch at which point the opposing player is on top of him? I think it does a disservice to Morsy as a player actually, to suggest he shouldn't be capable of controlling that same situation the vast majority of the time.
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 23:10 - Apr 27 with 1055 viewsmrfixit426

We've conceded two, or maybe three from doing this in two seasons. Personally I can't see the problem here.
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 23:10 - Apr 27 with 1048 viewsTrequartista

Absolutely not what i saw. There was an easy pass out for Morsy to Woolfenden that he does week-in, week-out.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 23:16 - Apr 27 with 1015 viewsVegtablue

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 23:10 - Apr 27 by Trequartista

Absolutely not what i saw. There was an easy pass out for Morsy to Woolfenden that he does week-in, week-out.

And the quick pass to Burgess is available to, highlights available now. Instead Morsy makes a conscious decision to try to roll his man. I've seen it suggested that Morsy is hampered by the ball being played to his left foot, but he's comfortably competent enough to make either pass with his left, or a quick touch and pass in either direction.
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 23:16 - Apr 27 with 1010 viewsChurchman

Are there stats to prove that or is that just your perception?

Regardless, we’ve played all season this way. You don’t change anything now!
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 23:21 - Apr 27 with 968 viewsmrfixit426

We absolutely don't.
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 23:22 - Apr 27 with 957 viewsTheBoyBlue

There was nothing with playing it out from the back, on this occasion it was (unusually) Sam making the wrong choice. He had easier options to pass out to and for some inexplicable reason chose to turn back into a group of Hull players.

The full-on, no-fear way we play it out from the back is what has got us this far though.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 06:55 - Apr 28 with 793 viewsBlue_In_Boston

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:04 - Apr 27 by BLUEBEAT

Amazing so many teams continue to do it then, hey?

And gift goals away.

I turned over to MOTD afterwards, Burnley gift United a goal. Midweek Brighton hand City one on a plate. The week before Burnley keeper is closed down and clearance blocked, ricochet into his net. I could go on.
I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 08:47 - Apr 28 with 639 viewsbluejacko

I know we score a lot from playing it out from the back but can’t we on 21:05 - Apr 27 by redrickstuhaart

Morsy requested it.

Its all good. Maybe 3 goals this season that way?

How many do most concede from a hoof that gives away possession and comes straight back?

“ Morsy requested it” ! Has he got eyes in the back of his head then? Vas could see the players coming to close Sam down and he could have passed the ball wide or gone long!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024