Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the meltdown stopped yet? 07:41 - Apr 28 with 996 viewsitfcserbia

Reading the comments, you'd say we're a pretty sh*te team. Passing from the back is awful, defense awful, goalie awful, we keep not stuffing other sh*te teams in this sh*te league, God only knows how we do score goals, we don't have what it takes when it's make or break... basically we'll be the worst promoted team ever in the history of the championship and will do so purely because Leeds and Southampton are more sh*te than us.

This is how reading some of the rants feels like. Some of the comments do beggar belief.

In the meantime, we play good entertaining football, exciting matches, broke how many records for the newly promoted team and keep the promotion to the PL in our own hands in what is maybe the toughest Championship season ever.

Honestly weird perception from some. Counter-rant over. :)

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Has the meltdown stopped yet? on 07:52 - Apr 28 with 939 viewsJuggsy

It’s just people using the forum to vent emotions.
Has the meltdown stopped yet? on 07:54 - Apr 28 with 930 viewsitfcserbia

Has the meltdown stopped yet? on 07:52 - Apr 28 by Juggsy

It’s just people using the forum to vent emotions.

I understand. Same here. Just that the emotions are mostly positive.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Has the meltdown stopped yet? on 08:30 - Apr 28 with 846 viewsJuggsy

Has the meltdown stopped yet? on 07:54 - Apr 28 by itfcserbia

I understand. Same here. Just that the emotions are mostly positive.

Agree some should think before typing!

If I’d posted my thoughts last night it would have veered from ‘how the hell did we let that slip’ , ‘WTF Hladky’ to ‘well I’d have taken a point before the match’, ‘well done lads’ within 30 secs of the game ending!
Some of our fans are more entitled than the Leeds lot on 08:34 - Apr 28 with 829 viewsDyland

Many of the comments post Hull match beggar belief.

A

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Fair comment Juggers on 08:44 - Apr 28 with 777 viewsDyland

Has the meltdown stopped yet? on 08:30 - Apr 28 by Juggsy

Agree some should think before typing!

If I’d posted my thoughts last night it would have veered from ‘how the hell did we let that slip’ , ‘WTF Hladky’ to ‘well I’d have taken a point before the match’, ‘well done lads’ within 30 secs of the game ending!

Some fans need to get an effing grip though.

Fantastic game. Very disappointing not to win, we deserved it at the end there. Calm down though folks, it's a decent point all in all. Hull are good, some world class players, and excellent form. Great atmosphere, great game.

Usual tedious know-nothing criticism of the way we play and our defence.

Fair comment Juggers on 08:49 - Apr 28 with 708 viewsFrimleyBlue

Fair comment Juggers on 08:44 - Apr 28 by Dyland

Fantastic game. Very disappointing not to win, we deserved it at the end there. Calm down though folks, it's a decent point all in all. Hull are good, some world class players, and excellent form. Great atmosphere, great game.

Had a good sleep. Feel much more relaxed this morning.

On people's posts last night, as usual really it's not surprising there are some over emotional posts. We all saw KMs reaction to the 3rd goal.. that's a good video of how to describe how alot of the fans were feeling.

I'm sure like myself, most of those last might who felt highly emotional have woken up or will wake up this morning feeling much more relaxed.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Has the meltdown stopped yet? on 08:53 - Apr 28 with 692 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I would have taken a draw before the game. Avoiding defeat was imperative.

Yes, defending was bad from both central backs and goalie but we got a priceless point

Taking a draw against Coventry too if offered now.
Fair comment Juggers on 08:54 - Apr 28 with 685 viewsRyorry

Fair comment Juggers on 08:44 - Apr 28 by Dyland

Not having to “get an effing grip” on their emotions is exactly why, or one reason anyway, why many adults love football - it gives you permission to shout, go bonkers, and generally be a kid again - which irl as adults we’re no longer allowed to in other places.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

I get that dear gal on 08:58 - Apr 28 with 666 viewsDyland

Fair comment Juggers on 08:54 - Apr 28 by Ryorry

Not having to “get an effing grip” on their emotions is exactly why, or one reason anyway, why many adults love football - it gives you permission to shout, go bonkers, and generally be a kid again - which irl as adults we’re no longer allowed to in other places.

As I say elsewhere though, there's similar spoiled whining in the ground (home and away) and it's ruining the experience for me. Kind of done with it all tbh.

Grumble grump bah :)

Has the meltdown stopped yet? on 08:58 - Apr 28 with 662 viewsNthQldITFC

People do tend to massively and publicly overreact in the moment. Many of them calm down next day and appreciate what we have, a few slink back off into the shadows and wait for the next opportunity.

What a great season, what a great game last night, what great effort from a great team (actually two great teams) and what a great opportunity to finish the job over the next 6 days.

COYFB!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Fair comment Juggers on 09:08 - Apr 28 with 607 viewsBuhrer

Fair comment Juggers on 08:54 - Apr 28 by Ryorry

I think Ryorrs, we shouldnt be curtailing others enthusiasms. I can remember adults telling others to stop believing in promotion last season and that was clearly silly wasn't it.

I think theres an issue with sharing negativity though thats different. It's dull and poisonous hearing the shouted negative blubs, often from posters that don't contribute positively. They'll be myopic, self important and generally absolute bobbins. Rushing to the forum to rage blub. Zzzzzzzzz

We are going up!
[Post edited 28 Apr 9:08]
Has the meltdown stopped yet? on 09:09 - Apr 28 with 593 viewsRyorry

Has the meltdown stopped yet? on 08:58 - Apr 28 by NthQldITFC

People do tend to massively and publicly overreact in the moment. Many of them calm down next day and appreciate what we have, a few slink back off into the shadows and wait for the next opportunity.

What a great season, what a great game last night, what great effort from a great team (actually two great teams) and what a great opportunity to finish the job over the next 6 days.

COYFB!

Quite. And of course everyone’s hugely disappointed we didn’t finish with 3 points last night - you wouldn’t be a Town fan if you weren’t - even KM openly expressed it, a rarity for him.

People just have different ways of letting it out, that’s all. No one’s physically assaulted anyone else (which could have been a thing from a few other clubs).

Fair comment Juggers on 09:17 - Apr 28 with 559 viewsRyorry

Fair comment Juggers on 09:08 - Apr 28 by Buhrer

I think Ryorrs, we shouldnt be curtailing others enthusiasms. I can remember adults telling others to stop believing in promotion last season and that was clearly silly wasn't it.

I think theres an issue with sharing negativity though thats different. It's dull and poisonous hearing the shouted negative blubs, often from posters that don't contribute positively. They'll be myopic, self important and generally absolute bobbins. Rushing to the forum to rage blub. Zzzzzzzzz

We are going up!
[Post edited 28 Apr 9:08]

I share your feelings about ongoing relentless negativity from certain posters, but am prepared to cut them a window of slack immediately post-match.

Well, trolls and budgies apart anyway, in which case we also have the freedom to respond with downvotes and scoffing.

Has the meltdown stopped yet? on 09:35 - Apr 28 with 510 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Has the meltdown stopped yet? on 08:53 - Apr 28 by Mach_foreignBlue

I would have taken a draw before the game. Avoiding defeat was imperative.

Yes, defending was bad from both central backs and goalie but we got a priceless point

Taking a draw against Coventry too if offered now.

I felt we’d get turned over before the game, so was set in my mind a point would be great. However, with the way the game went, I was def thinking we were taking the three points home from early on. Football eh

Poll: Is Billm….

Has the meltdown stopped yet? on 10:10 - Apr 28 with 444 viewsgainsboroughblue

People are commenting in real time. It's an emotional game and feck me, an emotional time.

Any comments slagging the team off today though can get in the bin.

Last night was a bruising encounter between two very good sides. An absolute credit to the championship which would've been enjoyed by the nation.

The two week break came in handy. We'd have lost that a fortnight ago. No way would we have lived with Hull on that evidence when we were blowing out of our backsides.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024