Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we learned from Hull game 08:16 - Apr 28 with 510 viewsnodge_blue

1. Football is a hard game to follow. So many emotions. It’s draining me. Not just the 90 minutes but the whole week.

2. I said a few weeks back I didn’t see Moore as much of an upgrade over Hirst. And I still don’t. He took his goal well and held the ball up well. Considering it was his first game back, I thought it was a good performance and telling that he started.

3. Defensively we still concede far too many. We should be winning games when we score 3. People have bigged up Burgess but he should have blocked the cross for the second goal. And the keeper needs to be better on the third. Whatever league we are in next year, I think we have to tighten up. Some sides, like the Italians teams of old, manage to look water tight. We just look so open.

4. Hutchinson shows the quality of player needed to make the difference. He will be a huge miss if we don’t replace him. My “criticism” of Jackson has always been that his levels just aren’t up there. I’m not making this a thread about him, but my point is we need top quality replacements for Hutchinson.

5. Mass and Chappers. Both ok but both perhaps struggling to find their best levels. I can see Taylor isn’t the holding midfielder that Mass is and given my point 3 makes us defensively even weaker if he starts. So maybe he starts for Chaplin who I think has been struggling to influence games and travis gets a start over Mass for Tuesday.

6. Logically we are still favourites for second, but let’s be honest, we aren’t winning games at the moment and it’s hard to feel super positive. But I think we can just about do this still.
[Post edited 28 Apr 8:16]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

What we learned from Hull game on 08:29 - Apr 28 with 390 viewsBuhrer

I feel super positive, it's easy if you try.
What we learned from Hull game on 08:51 - Apr 28 with 293 viewsbluelagos

"it’s hard to feel super positive"

We have Hirst and Burns back and have 2 games left against teams with nothing to play for.

Our lads played well last night against a very good and well motivated side - play to that standard and we are going up.

Lots to feel positive about tbh

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024