Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else noticed the irony in what is potentially Promotion? 20:45 - Apr 28 with 1242 viewsWestSussexBlue

Huddersfield Town selling us arguably one of our best ever strikers in February 2000, Marcus Stewart. What a gem of a player. Ironically it’s Huddersfield again which might help with promotion to the Premier League come this Saturday. Funny how football goes.
Anyone else noticed the irony in what is potentially Promotion? on 10:08 - Apr 29 with 773 viewsElephantintheRoom

Tho gifting them Jordan Rhodes was probably a bit over generous

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Anyone else noticed the irony in what is potentially Promotion? on 10:12 - Apr 29 with 755 viewstonybied

I saw a post on the Foxestalk forum the other day that stated whoever has played Huddersfield in first game of the season for the last 3 years has gone on to win the league, they played Leicester in the first game this season so there's a great chance of that being 4 years in a row. I haven't bothered to research if that's correct but if so, you'd be itching to be drawn against them for the first game of next season if you were in League 1, wouldn't you?
Anyone else noticed the irony in what is potentially Promotion? on 11:17 - Apr 29 with 588 viewsTractorCam

Anyone else noticed the irony in what is potentially Promotion? on 10:12 - Apr 29 by tonybied

I saw a post on the Foxestalk forum the other day that stated whoever has played Huddersfield in first game of the season for the last 3 years has gone on to win the league, they played Leicester in the first game this season so there's a great chance of that being 4 years in a row. I haven't bothered to research if that's correct but if so, you'd be itching to be drawn against them for the first game of next season if you were in League 1, wouldn't you?

I recall Leicester played Coventry first game because that was on the same day as our game at Sunderland.

Edit: I see they played them the following week, close enough I guess! I remember 21/22 when we finished the season against Charlton, they had a similar thing where they were always watching teams lift the league title on the final day. Measly 11th for us that season.
[Post edited 29 Apr 11:18]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone else noticed the irony in what is potentially Promotion? on 11:43 - Apr 29 with 464 viewsJ2BLUE

I think this is what you call a massive, massive stretch.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else noticed the irony in what is potentially Promotion? on 11:46 - Apr 29 with 444 viewsTractorWood

I think the 25 years helps numb the irony a bit.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024