Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton 15:56 - Apr 29 with 1319 viewsbaxterbasics

Now in the event of promotion, do we look to upgrade out sitcks-man? Vlad is out of contract if I recall.

Who might we look at? I'm thinking someone in the same vein, assuming KM wants to stick to the same style, but better. If such does exist.

Not saying we can't stick with the two we've got exactly, it may be there are other pressing priorities, just wondering about realistic targets if we did look to upgrade.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 15:58 - Apr 29 with 1308 viewsPhilTWTD

On keepers, Luke Southwood is leaving Cheltenham. We were very keen on him last summer. Not sure whether we'd renew that interest or not.
Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 16:01 - Apr 29 with 1271 viewsZx1988

I would hope that we'd look to bring in one real quality signing in each of the four general areas of the field, whilst looking to strengthen/improve elsewhere where possible. That would include the GK position for me.

It seems widely accepted that Slicker has been brought in as a very strong prospect for the future, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him move up the pecking order to No. 2, and perhaps ship out both of the current First Team 'keepers.

That's not to disregard Vas' contribution to our success this season, but I do feel that parts of the defence will need a real upgrade to be competitive in the PL.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 16:03 - Apr 29 with 1263 viewsSheffordBlue

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 16:01 - Apr 29 by Zx1988

I would hope that we'd look to bring in one real quality signing in each of the four general areas of the field, whilst looking to strengthen/improve elsewhere where possible. That would include the GK position for me.

It seems widely accepted that Slicker has been brought in as a very strong prospect for the future, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him move up the pecking order to No. 2, and perhaps ship out both of the current First Team 'keepers.

That's not to disregard Vas' contribution to our success this season, but I do feel that parts of the defence will need a real upgrade to be competitive in the PL.

Think we might see Slicker go on loan next season to play week in, week out. Sounds like a new deal for Hladky is just about done as well.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 16:04 - Apr 29 with 1252 viewsZx1988

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 16:03 - Apr 29 by SheffordBlue

Think we might see Slicker go on loan next season to play week in, week out. Sounds like a new deal for Hladky is just about done as well.

The fact that it hasn't yet been signed does make me wonder if it might be division-specific, perhaps in terms of squad role?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 16:10 - Apr 29 with 1212 viewssoupytwist

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 15:58 - Apr 29 by PhilTWTD

On keepers, Luke Southwood is leaving Cheltenham. We were very keen on him last summer. Not sure whether we'd renew that interest or not.

What would have happened had we got him last summer? Would we have started this season with Walton no. 1 keeper, Southwood no.2 and Hladky told he has surplus to requirements and therefore allowed to leave?
Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 16:14 - Apr 29 with 1168 viewsPhilTWTD

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 16:10 - Apr 29 by soupytwist

What would have happened had we got him last summer? Would we have started this season with Walton no. 1 keeper, Southwood no.2 and Hladky told he has surplus to requirements and therefore allowed to leave?

I'm not sure. I've wondered whether he was viewed as an option had Hladky moved on. I know the club wasn't actively trying to move him on, had a conversation with someone when there were links with him and was told that that was very much not the case, that he was in the plans, as has been shown to be true this season.
Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 17:20 - Apr 29 with 935 viewsBlueBoots

2 keepers that have been outstanding for us over 2 seasons; give them both a crack at the Prem, and if either look like they're coming up short, reinforce in January.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 17:27 - Apr 29 with 918 viewsbaxterbasics

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 17:20 - Apr 29 by BlueBoots

2 keepers that have been outstanding for us over 2 seasons; give them both a crack at the Prem, and if either look like they're coming up short, reinforce in January.

It does seem harsh to say 'thanks and goodbye' to either of them. Could be a few current squad faves of ours that don't play many more games for us. In most cases it won't be deserved. But that's football innit?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 17:43 - Apr 29 with 878 viewscbower

It's all a bit premature but I’ll play anyway. I quite like Alex Palmer at West Brom myself. Love Vas, 95% brilliant with his feet but I'm also a bit old school and like a more dominant 6 yard box keeper who catches more often. I'm a bit greedy I guess.

bluescouser

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 17:43 - Apr 29 with 879 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

No disrespect to Vas who has been instrumental in our success this season, but the PL is a different ball game compared to the Championship.

IMO we'll 100% look to upgrade our No. 1 keeper.
Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 18:11 - Apr 29 with 787 viewsvictorywilhappen

Vaz is one of the best modern keepers around. He will play PL. He will improve. Last season he came on at Exeter. No one would have believed where we would be now. This is a great part due to his play and confidence.

There was talk he was not up to the Championship by many and we needed a loan- before the season started.

People are generally being harsh about his performance against Hull. The keeper is often an easy target.

Slicker will impress when given a run and may even step into number two slot- but should maybe get a loan out and some action.. Walton may believe its Groundhog Day being number two in the PL and move on.

I like all three keepers. Hope we keep them all. Cannot see Vaz getting the push. he has been wonderful and exciting.
Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 18:16 - Apr 29 with 748 views_clive_baker_

I don't think there's a position on the pitch we wouldn't be open to looking at to be honest, we would need a lot of strengthening right through the side if we went up.

Perhaps the only exception is left back, where it becomes more a case of looking for the next Leif rather than replacing the existing one.
Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 18:37 - Apr 29 with 698 viewsBlueBoots

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 17:27 - Apr 29 by baxterbasics

It does seem harsh to say 'thanks and goodbye' to either of them. Could be a few current squad faves of ours that don't play many more games for us. In most cases it won't be deserved. But that's football innit?

People were saying similar at the start of this season; I remember numerous threads along the lines of "Who are we going to get to replace Burgess?" before he'd kicked a ball in the Championship, and he's been an absolute rock this season.

One of the strengths that has got us this far is continuity and a tight-knit squad that all battle for eachother; there's a natural churn to bring in new players every window anyway...we've got 5 loanees, a few players who haven't been involved much this season, and may be one or two who want to move on for whatever reason. If we do manage to go up, can see the bulk of this group making the step up again; probably not 90 points 3 seasons in a row, but certainly good enough to stay up (particularly with a 20 point head start on Leicester!)

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 18:44 - Apr 29 with 657 viewsVic

It’s ‘glovesman’. Have a word, Phil.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 18:51 - Apr 29 with 620 viewsVic

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 18:37 - Apr 29 by BlueBoots

People were saying similar at the start of this season; I remember numerous threads along the lines of "Who are we going to get to replace Burgess?" before he'd kicked a ball in the Championship, and he's been an absolute rock this season.

One of the strengths that has got us this far is continuity and a tight-knit squad that all battle for eachother; there's a natural churn to bring in new players every window anyway...we've got 5 loanees, a few players who haven't been involved much this season, and may be one or two who want to move on for whatever reason. If we do manage to go up, can see the bulk of this group making the step up again; probably not 90 points 3 seasons in a row, but certainly good enough to stay up (particularly with a 20 point head start on Leicester!)

I fear that the togetherness of the squad would be severely tested when we start to lose and as confidence is eroded by the week in, week out power of the Premiership. I know it’s not all we have, but it won’t be enough to do well in the prem.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 19:51 - Apr 29 with 496 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another thread on our 'keeper situaiton on 17:43 - Apr 29 by LA_Tractor_Boy

No disrespect to Vas who has been instrumental in our success this season, but the PL is a different ball game compared to the Championship.

IMO we'll 100% look to upgrade our No. 1 keeper.

I make you right but Pickford hasn't done too badly playing very similar style to Hladky.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024