Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we do it.. 00:50 - May 1 with 4319 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we go on the pitch this year like every other club without hearing booing and swearing?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

If we do it.. on 07:58 - May 1 with 757 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If we do it.. on 07:33 - May 1 by Buhrer

In comparison hasnt there been silence this year...

To be fair. There was silence last year until people started filtering into the stadium on the last day.
Maybe as a core of support we should boo every time Murphy announces it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If we do it.. on 07:59 - May 1 with 742 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If we do it.. on 07:44 - May 1 by Herbivore

This. Although I probably won't go on myself, mainly for logistical reasons as I'm in s.4 and we've got the fans with disabilities in front of us and feels a bit crass to go bowling through there to try and get on the pitch.

Run on pushing a wheelchair, then everyone's a winner!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If we do it.. on 08:12 - May 1 with 716 viewsyorkshireblue

Hypothetically speaking.... how would one go about from getting from the Cobbold Upper to the Cobbold Lower?
If we do it.. on 08:14 - May 1 with 712 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If we do it.. on 08:12 - May 1 by yorkshireblue

Hypothetically speaking.... how would one go about from getting from the Cobbold Upper to the Cobbold Lower?

Rolling down the roof apparently

If we do it.. on 08:17 - May 1 with 701 viewsBuhrer

If we do it.. on 07:52 - May 1 by bluelagos

The fun police can do one.

On the pitch, mob the players, pyro galore. We've waited over 20 years and endured some of the most turgid football known to man. Damn right people will enjoy the moment.

If you have a problem with how people choose to celebrate (If it happens) then you can get lost. It's happening, it's going to be awesome and I don't give a flying fck for whatever warnings the club gives.

The owners are meer custodians of our club, we kept it going through the darkest days and no one is going to tell me or anyone else how to celebrate.

Idle threats are just that. Come on Towen, one more push and we can do this 😎

As someone who won't be able to get to the pitch, if the players are enjoying it that's going to be amazing, pyros galore. If instead they're in the changing rooms while the lower North runs around filming themselvezzzzzzzzz
If we do it.. on 08:18 - May 1 with 695 viewsbluelagos

If we do it.. on 08:12 - May 1 by yorkshireblue

Don a Hare Krishna outfit, jobs a goodun.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I'm too old and decrepit on 08:18 - May 1 with 709 viewsDyland

And sit in Upper North :)

People saying they'd prefer to watch a lap of honour than a pitch invasion, I simply do not get. Personally I think laps of honour are naff as fack. I'll probably get pelters for that.

I've cheered and applauded all season and would rather get on the beers (and see players around Town anyway no doubt) but hey ho.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'm too old and decrepit on 08:19 - May 1 with 690 views_clive_baker_

I'm too old and decrepit on 08:18 - May 1 by Dyland

And sit in Upper North :)

People saying they'd prefer to watch a lap of honour than a pitch invasion, I simply do not get. Personally I think laps of honour are naff as fack. I'll probably get pelters for that.

I've cheered and applauded all season and would rather get on the beers (and see players around Town anyway no doubt) but hey ho.

I’ll be very disappointed if it doesn’t happen tbh.
Login to get fewer ads

If we do it.. on 08:19 - May 1 with 691 viewsTheBoyBlue

I think the criticism of the booing last year has been harsh. The club were really adamant in their messaging that there shouldn't be a pitch invasion and the EFL and police seemed be sending out really strong messaging about it too, I think basically because there had been quite a few unsavoury incidents since the return of fans after the pandemic. I suppose some people were genuinely worried that having finally done it there might be some kind of sanction.

As it happened, all completely unfounded of course, but I think people genuinely had the best wishes of the club at heart which is difficult to knock.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

I'm too old and decrepit on 08:19 - May 1 with 686 viewsDanTheMan

I'm too old and decrepit on 08:19 - May 1 by _clive_baker_

If ever there is a right time, this is it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Oh it will on 08:20 - May 1 with 686 viewsDyland

I'm too old and decrepit on 08:19 - May 1 by _clive_baker_

Even if we lose and Leeds don't (shudder) :)

If we do it.. on 08:21 - May 1 with 680 viewsBuhrer

If we do it.. on 07:58 - May 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

To be fair. There was silence last year until people started filtering into the stadium on the last day.
Maybe as a core of support we should boo every time Murphy announces it.

I thought there were preemptive warnings that terrimified some people. To be honest I go to footy for cake and circuses so enjoyed the invasion, and the booing/chanting having put hairs across arrises also. It were quite funny. More, but much bigger please.
[Post edited 1 May 8:23]
If we do it.. on 08:24 - May 1 with 665 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If we do it.. on 07:59 - May 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Run on pushing a wheelchair, then everyone's a winner!

My pic, from when Wolves avoided relegation from the Prem in 2011.

If we do it.. on 08:34 - May 1 with 644 viewsDJR

Of course you can.
If we do it.. on 08:41 - May 1 with 614 viewsITFC_Forever

If we do it.. on 07:33 - May 1 by Buhrer

In comparison hasnt there been silence this year...

The request from the club to not invade the pitch last year didn't come until the last 24 hours or so before the game.

But having seen that no other club got in trouble, no fans got in trouble and that the club used footage on the socials last year will show those who erred on the side of caution last season that there's nothing to worry about.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Agree with that in essence on 08:45 - May 1 with 605 viewsDyland

If we do it.. on 08:17 - May 1 by Buhrer

As someone who won't be able to get to the pitch, if the players are enjoying it that's going to be amazing, pyros galore. If instead they're in the changing rooms while the lower North runs around filming themselvezzzzzzzzz

Fat mooks filming themselves when everyone else has gone back off the pitch is annoying, but that's the way it will always be these days cos the players will come back out with their families (I don't get it but hey ho, just me).

A massive fan and team and staff bundle up is a joy to behold though.

If we do it.. on 09:00 - May 1 with 562 viewsZx1988

If we do it.. on 01:17 - May 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Exactly this.

Odd as well that fans should pick such a happy moment to have a go at fellow fans.
It’s almost like, almost exactly the same as, I don’t know, booing fans for celebrating on the pitch when told not to?

Surely there's a certain irony that, since Exeter last year, the only people who have brought this up on a regular basis have been the 'it's our right to invade the pitch' crowd.

Genuine question - would people's attitudes change if the club came out and said that a large-scale pitch invasion could do significant damage to the new pitch?
[Post edited 1 May 9:16]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

If we do it.. on 09:11 - May 1 with 531 viewsbluelagos

If we do it.. on 09:00 - May 1 by Zx1988

Surely there's a certain irony that, since Exeter last year, the only people who have brought this up on a regular basis have been the 'it's our right to invade the pitch' crowd.

Genuine question - would people's attitudes change if the club came out and said that a large-scale pitch invasion could do significant damage to the new pitch?
[Post edited 1 May 9:16]

Doubt it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

If we do it.. on 09:15 - May 1 with 524 viewsyesjohn99

Fingers crossed.

Back in 1992 my dad ran to the centre circle wearing just long johns around 10 mins before kick off at the Brighton match.

Hardly an eye brow raised back then!
Arf on 09:24 - May 1 with 483 viewsDyland

If we do it.. on 09:15 - May 1 by yesjohn99

Fingers crossed.

Back in 1992 my dad ran to the centre circle wearing just long johns around 10 mins before kick off at the Brighton match.

Hardly an eye brow raised back then!

I was at a season opener between Chelsea and Arsenal at the Bridge a while back and a sozzled Chelsea skinhead ran on naked just before kick-off, did a very bad break dance in the centre circle, politely shook Patrick Viera's hand, and staggered off aided by a steward. All very English.

Arf on 09:27 - May 1 with 471 viewsyesjohn99

Arf on 09:24 - May 1 by Dyland

I was at a season opener between Chelsea and Arsenal at the Bridge a while back and a sozzled Chelsea skinhead ran on naked just before kick-off, did a very bad break dance in the centre circle, politely shook Patrick Viera's hand, and staggered off aided by a steward. All very English.

Nothing wrong with some good manners!!
If we do it.. on 09:37 - May 1 with 437 viewsNeedhamChris

If we do it.. on 07:32 - May 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't know why someone's downarrowing this, it's exactly what happened last time. Some people don't like facts.

Exactly this.

I was against it last time and didn't go on myself (although disagreed with the booing too), but I think I got suckered in to believing the club messaging when in fact their actions post game (and all the socials) would suggest they were just playing a role to the EFL.

So this time, more inclined - and TBF it's much more an achievement too!

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

If we do it.. on 11:13 - May 1 with 376 viewsAndrewRatcliffITFC

The fans who booed last season were a disgrace to this club. If Mckenna wasn't our manager but merely a fan where do you think he would be come the final whistle? ( Clue this man punches dug-outs because he's passionate)
If we do it.. on 11:15 - May 1 with 370 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If we do it.. on 11:13 - May 1 by AndrewRatcliffITFC

The fans who booed last season were a disgrace to this club. If Mckenna wasn't our manager but merely a fan where do you think he would be come the final whistle? ( Clue this man punches dug-outs because he's passionate)

"The fans who booed last season were a disgrace to this club."

ROFL. Fancy coming on here, on a day as good as this and needing to post that bullocks
[Post edited 1 May 11:16]

If we do it.. on 11:21 - May 1 with 337 viewsbaxterbasics

The club / EFL obviously *have* to warn us not to, even though they know full well it's going to happen!

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024