Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we do it.. 00:50 - May 1 with 4236 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we go on the pitch this year like every other club without hearing booing and swearing?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

If we do it.. on 11:22 - May 1 with 321 viewsSomethingBlue

If we do it.. on 07:50 - May 1 by Herbivore

Yep, still need to remember there's a lot of work to do for us to have something to celebrate. We can't assume it's going to be easy. I hope the players approach it the same way they did the Exeter game and it becomes a 90 minute party but Huddersfield aren't mugs despite their poor season so I'm expecting it to be a bit more nervy than that.

Yep, it's going to be a really hard game – they haven't a bad record away from home recently and have given most sides something to think about. It will be tight and some of their lads may well fancy the atmosphere. Some decent Championship experience in there and a couple of handy strikers. Not at all impossible we go behind at some stage and everyone needs to hold their nerve. This is not remotely done.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If we do it.. on 11:27 - May 1 with 289 viewsbaxterbasics

If we do it.. on 07:50 - May 1 by Herbivore

Yep, still need to remember there's a lot of work to do for us to have something to celebrate. We can't assume it's going to be easy. I hope the players approach it the same way they did the Exeter game and it becomes a 90 minute party but Huddersfield aren't mugs despite their poor season so I'm expecting it to be a bit more nervy than that.

Yup.

One thing I cling to is that Hudders haven't scored more than one goal since 24/02 v Watford.

But we know that even our many wins Vs lower down teams only came after serious battling, few of them have been straightforward or comfortable. Including Rotherham for example, who made it difficult both home and away. Then there was the anomaly of Maidstone. These things can happen.

Hence why I still be nervous.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

If we do it.. on 11:54 - May 1 with 233 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If we do it.. on 07:52 - May 1 by bluelagos

The fun police can do one.

On the pitch, mob the players, pyro galore. We've waited over 20 years and endured some of the most turgid football known to man. Damn right people will enjoy the moment.

If you have a problem with how people choose to celebrate (If it happens) then you can get lost. It's happening, it's going to be awesome and I don't give a flying fck for whatever warnings the club gives.

The owners are meer custodians of our club, we kept it going through the darkest days and no one is going to tell me or anyone else how to celebrate.

Idle threats are just that. Come on Towen, one more push and we can do this 😎

Pretty sure it's allowed to roll down the roof from upper Cobbold isn't it?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

If we do it.. on 16:33 - May 1 with 167 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If we do it.. on 11:27 - May 1 by baxterbasics

Yup.

One thing I cling to is that Hudders haven't scored more than one goal since 24/02 v Watford.

But we know that even our many wins Vs lower down teams only came after serious battling, few of them have been straightforward or comfortable. Including Rotherham for example, who made it difficult both home and away. Then there was the anomaly of Maidstone. These things can happen.

Hence why I still be nervous.

Oh sh!t, I'd forgotten about Maidstone...

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If we do it.. on 16:46 - May 1 with 152 viewsTractor_Buck

If we do it.. on 11:21 - May 1 by baxterbasics

The club / EFL obviously *have* to warn us not to, even though they know full well it's going to happen!

This.

As well as the interminable wait for Saturday to cope with, I have a Southern League play-off semi-final at Telford tonight as well. I'm required to read out the "don't go on the pitch" warning on the PA before and during the game, but I doubt that anyone will a) take any notice apart from booing me (fully deserved) and b) take any action against anyone who does.

Assuming the Bucks get past tonight and we host the final on Monday, this bank holiday weekend could be unbelievable/unforgettable/messy/all of the above.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024