Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m so nervous about Saturday 12:02 - May 1 with 1005 viewsSwailsey

More than any other game this season. I should feel excited, and I sort of am, but I can’t think about anything else!

I missed the playoff final in 2000, so I’ve been dreaming of this for 20 odd years!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:11 - May 1 with 939 viewsbelgablue

Confident we'll see it through, as one of my non town supporting friends said last night 'not even pours could f**K this up now'

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:18 - May 1 with 884 viewsEuropablue

Just imagine how you would be feeling if we had to win and hope for Leeds to slip up!
I'm quietly confident. The good thing is the permutations are down to win or draw in one home match against the second worst team in league who are already relegated.
I can see us going behind or even drawing, but I expect it to be a bit more boring and we win with a solid 3-0. This team has found a way to do, and they won't stop now!
I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:22 - May 1 with 839 viewsSwailsey

I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:18 - May 1 by Europablue

Just imagine how you would be feeling if we had to win and hope for Leeds to slip up!
I'm quietly confident. The good thing is the permutations are down to win or draw in one home match against the second worst team in league who are already relegated.
I can see us going behind or even drawing, but I expect it to be a bit more boring and we win with a solid 3-0. This team has found a way to do, and they won't stop now!

Yes very true. Just feels so big! Biggest game I’ve ever watched with my dad as well. He’s been taking me since I was 7 in the Burley days. Missed the PO final because of family stuff. I’m gonna be blubbing like a baby if we go up.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:23 - May 1 with 820 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

I have been beyond nervous last few weeks. However in my option it feels we are home and hosed. There is not a better team to be playing than Huddersfield.
I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:27 - May 1 with 773 viewsFrimleyBlue

Of all recent weeks, im really chilled now.

Not because I think saturday will be easy, but because of the type of game it is, we are at home and we need 1 point minimum. Altho they were away, Imo leeds wouldnt deserve prem football after their result against QPR that opened the door to us, so IF we don't get that minimum point on sat, then we've only done it to ourselves, so we're either going up as deserving promotion winners, or we're not and we'll just have to give the play offs a go.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:28 - May 1 with 755 viewsbluehayes

I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:23 - May 1 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

I have been beyond nervous last few weeks. However in my option it feels we are home and hosed. There is not a better team to be playing than Huddersfield.

Huddersfield are not officially relegated yet (they need a 15 goal swing)
They have no option other that go all out against us. This will play into our hands.

I am quietly confident we will et the point we need.
But i still keep thinking of the "old town" that would slip up.
I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:32 - May 1 with 712 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's uncharted territory.

Whenever we've gone into the last day in the last 20 odd years, it's never been in our own hands at this level.

95-96 Needed to beat Millwall and hope Leicester slipped up
96-97 Already in play-offs
97-98 Already in play-offs
98-99 Needed Bradford to slip up.
99-00 City ditto
02-03 Think we'd knackered ourselves at Rotherham the penultimate game.
03-04 Needed results to go our way to get into play-offs, can't remember who we overtook.
04-05 Needed Wigan to drop points

Mediocrity

07-08 Needed something but can't quite remember to get into play-offs

Medicority

14-15 Thanks Derby

Then more mediocrity and down

Interestingly, the two times we benefited (03/04 and 14/15) we didn't even win.

Going back much further, we secured play-offs on the last day in 86/87 despite failing to win, think Palace failed to capitalise.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:38 - May 1 with 658 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's easy to lose one game in this league. A bad ref decision, a flukey deflection, defensive error, etc. That's why I was frustrated we threw Hull away, as we lost our buffer against such things. But we've still got a mini buffer of only needing a point (and possibly the Leeds result might go in our favour too).

It's going to be a big day!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:39 - May 1 with 648 views_clive_baker_

I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:28 - May 1 by bluehayes

Huddersfield are not officially relegated yet (they need a 15 goal swing)
They have no option other that go all out against us. This will play into our hands.

I am quietly confident we will et the point we need.
But i still keep thinking of the "old town" that would slip up.

We're now in a position where them being all but relegated is worse than them coming here needing a draw and parking the bus.
I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:44 - May 1 with 588 viewsBlueschev

I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:38 - May 1 by Swansea_Blue

It's easy to lose one game in this league. A bad ref decision, a flukey deflection, defensive error, etc. That's why I was frustrated we threw Hull away, as we lost our buffer against such things. But we've still got a mini buffer of only needing a point (and possibly the Leeds result might go in our favour too).

I think Leeds will drop points regardless. The atmosphere at Elland Road will be flat, especially if we go a goal up early, and I think Southampton will want to finish the season with some momentum going in to the play offs, they're also a much better side than their current run suggests.
I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:44 - May 1 with 588 viewsgainsboroughblue

I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:23 - May 1 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

A team thrown under the bus by a manager who may not even be around by Saturday.

A club who, are realistically, relegated.

A club who's fans probably wouldn't even cheer if they scored.

It's set up for us in so many ways.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:44 - May 1 with 589 viewsSomethingBlue

I’m so nervous about Saturday on 12:38 - May 1 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, that's the thing, such fine margins in most Champ games and it just takes one aberration or bolt from the blue to change everything. We still have a massive job to do and may yet need a spot of luck.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024