Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we go up... 12:06 - May 1 with 2699 viewsvilanovablue

Is Jack Clarke from Sunderland a player we could consider or is he too far out of reach?
If we go up... on 12:09 - May 1 with 2459 viewsAsa

Would imagine the top end Championship players in the £5m - £15m bracket is exactly where we'd look.

Jack Clarke, Rodon, Sheaf, Simms (could double their money quickly), Walker-Peters, Downes, Armstrong, Szmodics (although he hates us - money talks), even Sara (how funny would that be).
[Post edited 1 May 12:12]
If we go up... on 12:15 - May 1 with 2400 viewsGavTWTD

If we go up... on 12:09 - May 1 by Asa

Would imagine the top end Championship players in the £5m - £15m bracket is exactly where we'd look.

Jack Clarke, Rodon, Sheaf, Simms (could double their money quickly), Walker-Peters, Downes, Armstrong, Szmodics (although he hates us - money talks), even Sara (how funny would that be).

Szmodics doesn't hate us does he? Whittaker does certainly.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

If we go up... on 12:27 - May 1 with 2305 viewsWacko

My realistic / relatively affordable signings would be:

Ronnie Edwards
Tommy Conway
Downes
Sakamoto
Liam Miller

(some not all)

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

If we go up... on 12:35 - May 1 with 2204 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Think there would be too much competition for Clarke.

Creswell is out of contract, could he come in to provide some experience and solid cover for Leif?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

If we go up... on 12:45 - May 1 with 2114 viewsFrimleyBlue

Will be an interesting summer window. Think we'll see a continuation of some youngish potentials but also we will need some tried and tested prem players, think it has to be done.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If we go up... on 12:57 - May 1 with 2005 viewsjoepublic

IF we go up.
Maybe(pure guesswork) a RB and cover at LB
1 x athletic CM's to challenge SM and ML
At least one CB
A Striker who closes down like a demon and adds depth to the 10 role.
GK if Walton moves on.
Not sure about wingers, as if we can keep OH and plan to keep JS then possibly we will not see these positions as critical but frankly who knows.

If they see the right deal they will probably surprise us all.

3 purchases(top end champ) and 3 loans with good prem experience.

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

If we go up... on 12:58 - May 1 with 1980 viewsLeoMuff

If we go up... on 12:27 - May 1 by Wacko

My realistic / relatively affordable signings would be:

Ronnie Edwards
Tommy Conway
Downes
Sakamoto
Liam Miller

(some not all)

Harrison Burrows for Leif cover ? I think Downes would be a very good in our set up, if he doesn’t have PTSD from his Cook experience

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

If we go up... on 13:02 - May 1 with 1932 viewsITFCBlues

I think Clarke would be too pricey. He'd cost 20m +?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

If we go up... on 13:05 - May 1 with 1904 viewsOliverFJWard

Let's just go up first, yeah?
If we go up... on 13:09 - May 1 with 1858 viewsburnbudgiesburn

You wonder what our recruitment will look like should we see this over the line on Saturday.

We'll be favourites to be relegated before a ball is kicked, I imagine it will be difficult to convince premier league players to join initially. You wonder if we start looking at overseas markets, something we haven't done yet.

Probably easier to persuade players in other countries to join, flipside of that you don't get the loyalty/camaradarie that comes from a tight knit squad if the worst happens next season. eg the Gnonto nonsense at Leeds early season.
If we go up... on 13:26 - May 1 with 1758 views_clive_baker_

If we go up... on 13:09 - May 1 by burnbudgiesburn

You wonder what our recruitment will look like should we see this over the line on Saturday.

We'll be favourites to be relegated before a ball is kicked, I imagine it will be difficult to convince premier league players to join initially. You wonder if we start looking at overseas markets, something we haven't done yet.

Probably easier to persuade players in other countries to join, flipside of that you don't get the loyalty/camaradarie that comes from a tight knit squad if the worst happens next season. eg the Gnonto nonsense at Leeds early season.

Its going to be a tough balance as the other consideration is around planning sustainably if we went down again. Obviously parachute payments are designed to support with that, but if players want 3+ year deals then its a risk that needs careful planning.

Ultimately I think the general approach shouldn't change too much, spending fees on younger players who we think we can improve and will increase in value. We'll presumably also look for some experienced pro's who perhaps come at a lower up front cost and shorter deals. Like Barkley at Luton for example, he's had a good season for them.

Specifically I wouldn't be surprised if we go back in for Philogene from Hull. They paid £5.5m for him and would probably want double that now, but he would meet the criteria for sure. Hutchinson is another one, I wouldn't be surprised if we try and do a permanent deal for him but again you're probably looking at £10m. Dare I say it I would think Josh Sargent will be on the move if Norwich don't go up, he's only 24 and has PL experience. When we spend significant funds I still think it'll be players with potential resale value.

We'll have plenty of wiggle room squad wise as I would think the likes of Aluko will hang his boots up. Ball, Jackson, Donacien, Ahadme, Camara, Ladapo, El Miz will presumably all go. Harness too perhaps. Then there's the 4 or 5 loanees we've got who go back. Humphreys will likely go out on loan, maybe Al-Hamadi too if we strengthen up front. Although a few premier league goals for him will do wonders to his resale value given he's so young.

I think we'll see some movement in the keeper department with a new #1 coming in as harsh as it sounds on Hladky.
If we go up... on 13:30 - May 1 with 1714 viewsburnbudgiesburn

If we go up... on 13:26 - May 1 by _clive_baker_

Its going to be a tough balance as the other consideration is around planning sustainably if we went down again. Obviously parachute payments are designed to support with that, but if players want 3+ year deals then its a risk that needs careful planning.

Ultimately I think the general approach shouldn't change too much, spending fees on younger players who we think we can improve and will increase in value. We'll presumably also look for some experienced pro's who perhaps come at a lower up front cost and shorter deals. Like Barkley at Luton for example, he's had a good season for them.

Specifically I wouldn't be surprised if we go back in for Philogene from Hull. They paid £5.5m for him and would probably want double that now, but he would meet the criteria for sure. Hutchinson is another one, I wouldn't be surprised if we try and do a permanent deal for him but again you're probably looking at £10m. Dare I say it I would think Josh Sargent will be on the move if Norwich don't go up, he's only 24 and has PL experience. When we spend significant funds I still think it'll be players with potential resale value.

We'll have plenty of wiggle room squad wise as I would think the likes of Aluko will hang his boots up. Ball, Jackson, Donacien, Ahadme, Camara, Ladapo, El Miz will presumably all go. Harness too perhaps. Then there's the 4 or 5 loanees we've got who go back. Humphreys will likely go out on loan, maybe Al-Hamadi too if we strengthen up front. Although a few premier league goals for him will do wonders to his resale value given he's so young.

I think we'll see some movement in the keeper department with a new #1 coming in as harsh as it sounds on Hladky.

Generally agree.

It would not shock me to see Kayden Jackson retained as a squad player though, McKenna really likes him.
If we go up... on 13:34 - May 1 with 1684 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If we go up... on 12:35 - May 1 by BlueandTruesince82

Think there would be too much competition for Clarke.

Creswell is out of contract, could he come in to provide some experience and solid cover for Leif?

Some Premier League experience will definitely come into the thinking.

Cresswell isn't a bad shout, but I suspect we'll be fishing in the former Premier League clubs that are down in the Championship. Nodge, WBA, Southampton or Leeds.

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Marc Bola come in and provide real competition for Leif.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If we go up... on 13:43 - May 1 with 1604 viewsZx1988

If we go up... on 13:09 - May 1 by burnbudgiesburn

With the overseas markets, I wonder if that's one area where being ahead of schedule (maybe even by two seasons, based on last night's comments) could prove to be a bit of a hindrance.

We've not got (as far as I know) any significant foreign scouting setup, and I would imagine that would have been a priority over the next one or two seasons in preparation for Premier League recruitment.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

If we go up... on 14:03 - May 1 with 1467 views_clive_baker_

If we go up... on 13:30 - May 1 by burnbudgiesburn

Generally agree.

It would not shock me to see Kayden Jackson retained as a squad player though, McKenna really likes him.

Yeah he obviously does trust him. That's one thing that's so remarkable about McKenna, he clearly has such a level of trust in all his players. Happy to put Ball on a right back a few weeks ago when we've barely seen him since Christmas. Last night, pretty much a 'cup final' in terms of its importance and happy again to use Jackson as he has plenty this season, or put Humphreys on the bench. An element of needs must but McKenna clearly does trust these guys.

Its a tough balance as what's got us here won't get us there, and squad places and finances are finite, so it's players like Jackson and Harness I think that might be tougher calls to make. Equally McKenna will want to retain the spirit and benefit from the momentum which could be lost if too much is changed too soon.
If we go up... on 14:04 - May 1 with 1454 viewscressi

If we go up... on 13:43 - May 1 by Zx1988

With the overseas markets, I wonder if that's one area where being ahead of schedule (maybe even by two seasons, based on last night's comments) could prove to be a bit of a hindrance.

We've not got (as far as I know) any significant foreign scouting setup, and I would imagine that would have been a priority over the next one or two seasons in preparation for Premier League recruitment.

Let's not get ahead ourselves a big game that we need to get a result from if we do let's see who comes up through play offs and see who's relegated as I'm sure there will be players in that group we may look at. Be a dream to go on holiday this summer knowing we are a premier league club and our make on everyone's lips again.
If we go up... on 14:08 - May 1 with 1408 viewsDanTheMan

If we go up... on 13:05 - May 1 by OliverFJWard

Let's just go up first, yeah?

I'm here, I keep wanting to dream but right now I can still feel the banter era shadow. Ipswich making me happy is not an emotion I've been used to over the past 15 or so years!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

If we go up... on 14:10 - May 1 with 1374 viewssohamblue74

I would happily take any of the following
Aribo from Saints
Mehmeti from Brizzle
Greaves from Hull
Poveda from Leeds (Owls loanee)
Some Dutch midfielders for old times sake
Batistuta obvs

Some of those are probably not realistic!
If we go up... on 14:13 - May 1 with 1336 viewsStu_boy

If we go up... on 12:09 - May 1 by Asa

Sara is reportedly valued at £30 mil and there is zero chance that lot would even contemplate selling him to us even if we offered double that which we wouldn't
If we go up... on 14:21 - May 1 with 1250 views_clive_baker_

If we go up... on 14:13 - May 1 by Stu_boy

Sara is reportedly valued at £30 mil and there is zero chance that lot would even contemplate selling him to us even if we offered double that which we wouldn't

They'll sell him to the highest bidder.

Not that I would want him at anything close to that sort of money to be fair.
If we go up... on 15:35 - May 1 with 1012 viewshunty21

It's always been about buying for a price where their value could increase in future that rules out Mos ex ipswich players like mings Cresswell , at end of day we will have to still keep our money tighter then people think I would love to see us get edwards from Peterborough
If we go up... on 15:49 - May 1 with 938 viewsbaxterbasics

One of Rowe, Sargeant or Sara from them lot? Would be funny.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

If we go up... on 17:20 - May 1 with 798 viewsstrikalite

Jay Dasilva from Cov, think he's absolute quality..
If we go up... on 17:21 - May 1 with 792 viewspeterleeblue

Jack Clarke would be a super signing.
If we go up... on 17:40 - May 1 with 736 viewsIPSWICHINIO

Downes would be an excellent signing. I would love for us to go for Liam Delap, lots of potential there and I can't see him costing too much
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024