Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penalties 15:31 - May 1 with 1298 viewsbsw72

28% of all penalties awarded in the Championship this season have been for Leicester 13 (Thirteen), Leeds (9) and Southampton (5).

Others with 5 or more penalties are Hull, Brizzle City, Swansea, Sunderland, Coventry and 'Boro.

Not sure what that tells us, but gotta love a stat.

Oh, and Leicester's total is the highest per season I could find on an initial search.
Penalties on 16:00 - May 1 with 1067 viewsITFC_Forever

Our penalty record isn't the best to be fair.

But I can think of several where we should have had one:
Hirst (Sunderland away)
Hutchinson (Hudds away)
Hutchinson (Norwich away)
Hutchinson (Cov away)

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Penalties on 16:02 - May 1 with 1056 viewsNIblue

Penalties on 16:00 - May 1 by ITFC_Forever

Hirst (Sunderland away)
Hutchinson (Hudds away)
Hutchinson (Cov away)

Broadhead (Blackburn away)
[Post edited 1 May 16:02]
Penalties on 16:04 - May 1 with 1013 viewsDeano69

Lucky, Lucky Ipswich

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Penalties on 16:05 - May 1 with 1008 viewsiamatractorboy

Penalties on 16:02 - May 1 by NIblue

Broadhead (Blackburn away)
[Post edited 1 May 16:02]

Hirst (Rotherham away)
Jackson (Rotherham away)
Penalties on 16:07 - May 1 with 975 viewsTrequartista

Parachute penalties part of parachute payments?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Penalties on 16:08 - May 1 with 964 viewsSheffordBlue

Personally think a lot of that is down to the technical level of the players in those teams who just end up doing things at a speed that other players can't react to fast enough.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Penalties on 16:11 - May 1 with 929 viewsIllinoisblue

Penalties on 16:05 - May 1 by iamatractorboy

Hirst (Rotherham away)
Jackson (Rotherham away)

Omari - last night

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Penalties on 16:12 - May 1 with 894 viewstractorboy1978

Penalties on 16:00 - May 1 by ITFC_Forever

Hirst (Sunderland away)
Hutchinson (Hudds away)
Hutchinson (Cov away)

Hutchinson will get plenty of penalties for us next season with VAR.
Login to get fewer ads

Penalties on 16:19 - May 1 with 833 viewsbsw72

Here's an additional fact.

5.3% of the 94 penalties conceded in the Championship this season have been for Leicester (1), Leeds (1)and Southamption (3).

Note that only QPR have conceded 1 also, everyone else has conceded between 3 (9 teams) and 7 (3 teams)

We have been awarded 3 and conceded 3.

So the question is that whether there is always an inverse correlation with the same sides with most awarded and least conceded, or has this season been an anomoly.

I am now officially procrastinating with work.
[Post edited 1 May 16:20]
Penalties on 16:24 - May 1 with 783 viewsDanTheMan

Penalties on 16:19 - May 1 by bsw72

Here's an additional fact.

5.3% of the 94 penalties conceded in the Championship this season have been for Leicester (1), Leeds (1)and Southamption (3).

Note that only QPR have conceded 1 also, everyone else has conceded between 3 (9 teams) and 7 (3 teams)

We have been awarded 3 and conceded 3.

So the question is that whether there is always an inverse correlation with the same sides with most awarded and least conceded, or has this season been an anomoly.

I am now officially procrastinating with work.
[Post edited 1 May 16:20]

A very naive hypothesis would be that penalties given for would correlate with goals scored (minus penalties scored) and penalties given against / conceded would correlate with goals against (minus penalties conceded).

I too am procrastinating.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Penalties on 16:28 - May 1 with 736 viewsOldFart71

seeing as there was this conspiracy theory regarding the powers that be favouring us for promotion to stamp on the theory that those with parachute payments don't have an advantage kinda kills that one doesn't it. I fully understand that given last season where teams seem to be wasting time from the kick off against us and obviously the EFL looked at the amount of time wasting that's why we see more added time now I do think it's getting a joke and what with the fact that everyone seems to have to fit in with Sky as they have the League by the short and curlies having kick off times the length of the Country away adding another 15 minutes on to a match or more compounds the time a fan get's home,
Penalties on 16:31 - May 1 with 698 viewsbsw72

Penalties on 16:08 - May 1 by SheffordBlue

Personally think a lot of that is down to the technical level of the players in those teams who just end up doing things at a speed that other players can't react to fast enough.

I would have been tempted to agree, but having gone back to 2018/2019, at no other point do I see such a clear correlation between awarded / conceded / prem relegated teams.

Just a very odd thing this season where I have always felt that everytime a Leicester player falls overs in the box, they seemed to expect a penalty.
Penalties on 16:33 - May 1 with 681 viewstractorboy1978

Penalties on 16:31 - May 1 by bsw72

I would have been tempted to agree, but having gone back to 2018/2019, at no other point do I see such a clear correlation between awarded / conceded / prem relegated teams.

Just a very odd thing this season where I have always felt that everytime a Leicester player falls overs in the box, they seemed to expect a penalty.

You'd expect the teams that spend the most time in and around the opposition penalty box to get the most penalties. Which is why I struggle with how few we've had. The one on Hutchinson yesterday is the type of penalty Summerville has been winning all season.
Penalties on 16:36 - May 1 with 629 viewsNthQldITFC

Penalties on 16:24 - May 1 by DanTheMan

A very naive hypothesis would be that penalties given for would correlate with goals scored (minus penalties scored) and penalties given against / conceded would correlate with goals against (minus penalties conceded).

I too am procrastinating.

I'm looking up 'procrastinating'.

I'll waste of bit of time doing it.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Penalties on 16:42 - May 1 with 586 viewssolemio

Penalties on 16:36 - May 1 by NthQldITFC

I'm looking up 'procrastinating'.

I'll waste of bit of time doing it.

Are you a spare time thief?
Penalties on 16:43 - May 1 with 563 viewsrodney76

Penalties on 16:08 - May 1 by SheffordBlue

That was my initial thought.

I do not agree with any sort of conspiracy theory in regard to favouritism or bias or whatever, even though those figures are quite surprising.
Perhaps also, PL players become more adept at feigning, falling over and fooling the ref.

The Premier League is far more cynical than the lower leagues after all..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024