Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portman Rd celebrations... 08:41 - May 3 with 274 viewsbluelagos

For me, the Bolton win will always be the one. Sat in the north the emotions were proper helta skelta. We were out, after Bolton had done us before Magilton's late equaliser.

Then in extra time we did it, finally on our 4th attempt and the pitch invasion was magic. One of the first on I managed to get to Matty Holland around the half way line. Reckon he had a 50 yard head start but there was no stopping me.

Still recall jumping on him, literally putting him in a headlock, slapping his head and shouting "Who's the man Matty, who's the man?"

Like thousands of others the relief was the overwhelming feeling. We weren't even promoted but somehow we knew we were. Nothing was gonna stop us.

Whatever you do tomorrow, don't be intimidated or scared by the naysayers. These are once in a lifetime events and are to be soaked up.

Doubt I'll be repeating it tomorrow, is for the younguns. But so looking forward to seeing it, milking it, drinking in it.

All the dirge we have suffered make it mean so much more. Rotherham match when we took 83 to have an attempt at goal. Not an attempt on target, at attempt. They were bottom, we weren't far off the playoffs and we played utter sh1t

That's why tomorrow matters. Cos that sort of sh1t should never be served up as entertainment. I don't even care if we lose tbh, cos we are being entertained, excited, football how it's supposed to be played.

Come on Towen, one more game, one more push, we all know you have it in you...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024