Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes 09:06 - May 3 with 1099 viewssmithy69

Out injured - could return for the play off final lol

That’s wishful thinking
Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:11 - May 3 with 1038 views_clive_baker_

Probably benefits them tbh, he's dreadful. Removes the temptation to play him.
Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:18 - May 3 with 980 viewsdavblue

tbf to Norwich they are probably 1 of the form teams of the last 4 months.

Whether their style suits the play offs remains to be seen, if they can get their noses in front they like to sit back and contain, they need to win their home leg though.

Thought it was interesting the wording, it was he will be back for the play off final, thought it was a tad presumptuous.
Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:21 - May 3 with 958 viewsgainsboroughblue

'kin dreadful player.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:28 - May 3 with 935 viewsJimmyJazz

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:18 - May 3 by davblue

Whether their style suits the play offs remains to be seen, if they can get their noses in front they like to sit back and contain, they need to win their home leg though.

Thought it was interesting the wording, it was he will be back for the play off final, thought it was a tad presumptuous.

They are definitely the form team of the play off teams, good home form, Wagner got Huddersfield up via a strong defence in the play offs, so can see them sitting back as you say.

They would have to get past both Leeds and Southampton whether finishing 5th or 6th though, which I can't see them doing

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:29 - May 3 with 918 viewsgainsboroughblue

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:28 - May 3 by JimmyJazz

They are definitely the form team of the play off teams, good home form, Wagner got Huddersfield up via a strong defence in the play offs, so can see them sitting back as you say.

They would have to get past both Leeds and Southampton whether finishing 5th or 6th though, which I can't see them doing

If they play like they did at Leicester, no chance. Totally freaked out and retreated.

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:49 - May 3 with 830 views_clive_baker_

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:18 - May 3 by davblue

I guess so, although aside from us who have they beaten of note? Just looking at their results, last 10 games they lost at Boro and Leicester, drew with Bristol City, Wednesday and Swansea, 2 of those at home. Beat Rotherham, Stoke and Plymouth.

I would be surprised if they won the playoffs, but equally if we go up then I'm way less bothered. Arguably they would be more likely to be weaker and less equipped for the PL than Leeds and Southampton and might give us more chance of staying up. A premier league derby would be cool after 30 odd years too. But if they stay down they're pretty screwed financially which would be funny to see how they adapt to that. Win win if we go up, the only scenario I can't deal with is them up and us not, especially if they beat us in the playoffs.
Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:57 - May 3 with 784 viewsJimmyJazz

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:49 - May 3 by _clive_baker_

I guess so, although aside from us who have they beaten of note? Just looking at their results, last 10 games they lost at Boro and Leicester, drew with Bristol City, Wednesday and Swansea, 2 of those at home. Beat Rotherham, Stoke and Plymouth.

I would be surprised if they won the playoffs, but equally if we go up then I'm way less bothered. Arguably they would be more likely to be weaker and less equipped for the PL than Leeds and Southampton and might give us more chance of staying up. A premier league derby would be cool after 30 odd years too. But if they stay down they're pretty screwed financially which would be funny to see how they adapt to that. Win win if we go up, the only scenario I can't deal with is them up and us not, especially if they beat us in the playoffs.

Agree that financially they will be in a hole when they don't go up, and everyone agrees that even if we only have a single season in the PL it will set us up financially. So how are Norwich in a hole? It's only 2 years ago they came back down after their single PL season. They didn't seem to splash much money at the squad in the PL, so where did the money go?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:57 - May 3 with 776 viewsBuffaloBill

If anyone says "I'd like Norwich to go up as we get a derby" is seriously deluded.

Let them rot in the championship with no parachute money.

I'll take that over a derby every fooking day

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Login to get fewer ads

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:58 - May 3 with 768 viewsgainsboroughblue

It would be good to see them manage without parachute payments for a bit.

They've basically shat golden eggs for the last decade.

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 10:03 - May 3 with 710 viewsbaxterbasics

Yeah that's not the worst news from their perspective really - would much prefer it were Sarge/Rowe/Sara

edited for spelling
[Post edited 3 May 10:06]

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 10:04 - May 3 with 698 views_clive_baker_

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:57 - May 3 by BuffaloBill

If anyone says "I'd like Norwich to go up as we get a derby" is seriously deluded.

I mean my preference is definitely for them to stay down, feck them. But personally its a lot easier to stomach if they sh1thouse their way up if we've also got promoted. Absolute could not deal with them going up and us not, especially after the seasons we've had.
Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 10:05 - May 3 with 641 views_clive_baker_

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:57 - May 3 by JimmyJazz

Agree that financially they will be in a hole when they don't go up, and everyone agrees that even if we only have a single season in the PL it will set us up financially. So how are Norwich in a hole? It's only 2 years ago they came back down after their single PL season. They didn't seem to splash much money at the squad in the PL, so where did the money go?

They're got a lot of debt, but the biggest area of concern for them will be their operating costs relative to revenue. The parachute payments stop this summer and their revenue will drop significantly. They'll need to slash the wage bill, and they've got the likes of Barnes contracted for another season on a rumoured £40k+ a week, I doubt anyone will want him at that sort of money so he'll stay. I can see at least 2 of Sara, Rowe and Sargent moving on. They'll have no choice if they don't go up.

Personally I don't think they'll be ruined and disappear into oblivion, but they'll have to cut their cloth accordingly and I wouldn't be surprised to see them as a fairly average championship outfit next season once they lose a few of their better players. Beyond those they've got a lot of expensive, ageing cack.
Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 10:08 - May 3 with 619 viewsdavblue

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:57 - May 3 by JimmyJazz

wages. Their wage bill will be top 6.

They have sellable assets In Rowe, Sargent and Sara, they would bring in a minimum of 60
million. But they would need to get that wage bill down significantly.

Like others have said i don't want them to go up, 14 years of premier league money would stop straight away and they've not had to deal with that, although sales would go a long way to help them inn the shot term they wouldn't be shopping at the top end.
Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 10:10 - May 3 with 597 viewsbazza

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:57 - May 3 by BuffaloBill

100% .. Tim for the tables to turn. Norwich can rot in the lower leagues . Happily play them when if they are complete garbage and we are flying in the prem, in a cup game, at Portman road.
Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 10:22 - May 3 with 519 viewsStewart27

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 10:04 - May 3 by _clive_baker_

I mean my preference is definitely for them to stay down, feck them. But personally its a lot easier to stomach if they sh1thouse their way up if we've also got promoted. Absolute could not deal with them going up and us not, especially after the seasons we've had.

I can stomach it more for sure.

Would be a real shame though for any of the top 3 to miss out on pure footballing terms despite my dislike for Leeds and Farke.

For instead a team like Norwich to do it with their limited brand of football.
Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 10:29 - May 3 with 471 viewsStu_boy

Such a Shame - Ashley Barnes on 09:28 - May 3 by JimmyJazz

Their defence is awful though so if they sit back and try and soak up the pressure they'll get slapped
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024