Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs 19:50 - May 3 with 1023 viewsitfcserbia

Trying to take my mind off Saturday and stop reading the news and threads on here for the 4th time, I decided to take a look at Barnsley v. Bolton.

Boy, after 15 minutes I returned on here. The game is unwatchable. Just running and hoofing, no 3 sensible passes put together. Is it me or these two teams were one of the better ones last season in L1? Is this how far we've come? Or did they become so much worse? In the meantime?

Roll on Saturday!

and as soon as I posted Bolton go on and score a pretty good goal... ta
[Post edited 3 May 19:57]

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 20:01 - May 3 with 960 viewsChurchman

I’m watching it. Barnsley have had plenty of the game, but Bolton look much more dangerous. Barnsley are not as strong as last season and their recent poor form shows. Luca Connell still looks tidy for Barnsley but I can’t see how they’re going to get past Notlob.

That Evatt is annoying.
Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 20:44 - May 3 with 866 viewsChurchman

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 20:01 - May 3 by Churchman

I’m watching it. Barnsley have had plenty of the game, but Bolton look much more dangerous. Barnsley are not as strong as last season and their recent poor form shows. Luca Connell still looks tidy for Barnsley but I can’t see how they’re going to get past Notlob.

That Evatt is annoying.

2-0. Shambles defending from Barnsley.

It’s a right old scuffle, this.
Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 20:51 - May 3 with 835 viewsSchmoke

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 20:44 - May 3 by Churchman

They'll do very well to keep it 0-2 at this rate.

Bolton could finish the whole thing off tonight if they keep at it.
[Post edited 3 May 20:52]
Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 20:54 - May 3 with 807 viewsgainsboroughblue

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 20:44 - May 3 by Churchman

Let's hope it's a Yorkshire thing.

I didn't have high hopes for Barnsley to be honest. Not been going well there recently.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 20:55 - May 3 with 802 viewsArchiRob

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 20:51 - May 3 by Schmoke

They'll do very well to keep it 0-2 at this rate.

Bolton could finish the whole thing off tonight if they keep at it.
[Post edited 3 May 20:52]

Could have been 2-1but for the phantom foul that only the ref saw.
Memories of the 2000 final I still have a soft spot for Barnsley

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:01 - May 3 with 769 viewsHciwspi

Poor turnout from Bolton fans. It’s not THAT far to travel surely?
Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:05 - May 3 with 749 viewsHciwspi

Good goal that for Barnsley
Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:07 - May 3 with 740 viewsChurchman

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 20:55 - May 3 by ArchiRob

Could have been 2-1but for the phantom foul that only the ref saw.
Memories of the 2000 final I still have a soft spot for Barnsley

It’s 2-1 now. Makes it a bit more interesting.
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:16 - May 3 with 705 viewsCoastalblue

I'd not even realised the League One season had finished tbh, shows where all my football thoughts ahve been directed.

Not too lomg ago at this point in the season I'd have been following events elsewhere as we played out a succesion of dead rubbers.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:26 - May 3 with 677 viewsChurchman

3-1. Thank you and goodnight.

Poor defending again, though a good corner. Barnsley have looked so loose. Bolton - the better side but if they make it through the playoffs they’re going to need significant strengthening to survive in the Championship.
Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:29 - May 3 with 661 viewsgainsboroughblue

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:26 - May 3 by Churchman

Poor defending again, though a good corner. Barnsley have looked so loose. Bolton - the better side but if they make it through the playoffs they’re going to need significant strengthening to survive in the Championship.

It's got the look of Bolton/Posh in the final really, with Bolton prevailing.

I'd like Oxford for Leigh and Edwards though.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:30 - May 3 with 653 viewsIllinoisblue

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:26 - May 3 by Churchman

The commentator on espn here called that goal direct from a corner an “Olympico” is that the general term for such a goal? Never heard that before

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:31 - May 3 with 648 viewsMarkp68

I watched the first 25 mins then turned over for the Luton v Everton game and that’s served up much the same. Carragher at one point described Everton’s predilection for lumping every free kick from 1/2 way or closer into the box as a “throwback to 80’s football” and he ain’t wrong. Really, really, poor game
Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:40 - May 3 with 605 viewsMattinLondon

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:30 - May 3 by Illinoisblue

The commentator on espn here called that goal direct from a corner an “Olympico” is that the general term for such a goal? Never heard that before

Apparently so.

Etymology
This unique type of goal was named after Argentine striker Cesareo Onzari’s corner kick that spun directly into the goal for Argentina in a 1924 friendly against Uruguay, the reigning Olympic champion.

Noun
Olympic goal (plural Olympic goals)

(soccer) A goal scored directly from a corner kick without any other player - on either team - touching or otherwise deflecting the ball into the goal.

I’ve never heard that phrase before - but it’s only within the last couple of seasons I actually realised what a panenka penalty and a Rabona is. I simply behind with the times.
Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:41 - May 3 with 595 viewsAsa

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:01 - May 3 by Hciwspi

Poor turnout from Bolton fans. It’s not THAT far to travel surely?

Believe the Bolton fans were fuming that Barnsley only gave them 2k in a bid not to hand the initiative to the away side through a massive turnout.

Hence why it looks so poor for a playoff not that far away.
Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:52 - May 3 with 558 viewsChurchman

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:41 - May 3 by Asa

Believe the Bolton fans were fuming that Barnsley only gave them 2k in a bid not to hand the initiative to the away side through a massive turnout.

Hence why it looks so poor for a playoff not that far away.

You are right. Bolton sold their allocation.

I get why they did it, but you’d think they could have done with the money and the atmosphere given they were some way from selling out the rest of Oakwell. All is not well at Barnsley by the look of it. Pretty obvious given they booted their manager with a game to go.
Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 22:01 - May 3 with 526 viewsIllinoisblue

Barnsley-Bolton League 1 playoffs on 21:40 - May 3 by MattinLondon

Apparently so.

Etymology
This unique type of goal was named after Argentine striker Cesareo Onzari’s corner kick that spun directly into the goal for Argentina in a 1924 friendly against Uruguay, the reigning Olympic champion.

Noun
Olympic goal (plural Olympic goals)

(soccer) A goal scored directly from a corner kick without any other player - on either team - touching or otherwise deflecting the ball into the goal.

I’ve never heard that phrase before - but it’s only within the last couple of seasons I actually realised what a panenka penalty and a Rabona is. I simply behind with the times.

The more you know. Awful defending from Barnsley tbf

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024