Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alternative Player of the Season 21:21 - May 5 with 1616 viewsArthur_Hayes

Morsy fully deserved his award but for me the alternative player of the season has to be Hladky. To be thrown into the number 1 slot a day before the Sunderland away game and to perform the way he did that day (notably the save in the last minute), and his performances throughout the season have been remarkable.

I always thought he was a liability, but he has proved me and countless others wrong. Just goes to show what some regular football and some confidence can do for a player. I hope he has the chance to shine in the Premiership next season.

Well done Vas, you’ve been immense.
Alternative Player of the Season on 21:24 - May 5 with 1575 viewsPerublue

With you for all the reasons you stated,but if i was allowed another Omari...to see him from the 1st game for us to what he evolved into is truly a thing of beauty on so many levels.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Alternative Player of the Season on 21:30 - May 5 with 1530 viewsJimmy86

I'd have to say Cameron Burgess! Actually think he's our best defender at the club! Good on the ball, good in the air, can tackle! Absolutely love the guy and he's come on leaps and bounds under McKenna, like everyone has
Alternative Player of the Season on 21:35 - May 5 with 1496 viewsSE1blue

Alternative Player of the Season on 21:30 - May 5 by Jimmy86

I'd have to say Cameron Burgess! Actually think he's our best defender at the club! Good on the ball, good in the air, can tackle! Absolutely love the guy and he's come on leaps and bounds under McKenna, like everyone has

Yep, rapidly becoming one of my favourites too.

I saw someone post earlier that Moore is not good enough for the premiership and your last line kind of sums up my thoughts on that. I find the team far more exciting and fluid with Hirst up front but I do wonder what McKenna can do with Moore. Moore came in to fix a hole and did brilliantly based on the fact he had to jump straight in and get us goals. He can only get better on doing the rest with KM's ongoing tutorage, surely.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Alternative Player of the Season on 21:43 - May 5 with 1441 viewsOldsmoker

I felt the same at the start of the season.
Losing Walton so early made me think our season would be a struggle.
McK has proven over 2 seasons he can improve players so it should be no surprise that Vas put in the shift he did.
He's 33 and his contract expires 30th June.
A new contract may be better than an award.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Alternative Player of the Season on 21:43 - May 5 with 1436 viewsdavblue

Burgess for me.
Alternative Player of the Season on 22:02 - May 5 with 1351 viewsArthur_Hayes

Alternative Player of the Season on 21:24 - May 5 by Perublue

With you for all the reasons you stated,but if i was allowed another Omari...to see him from the 1st game for us to what he evolved into is truly a thing of beauty on so many levels.

Agreed regarding Omari. The last 10-15 games of the season he’s been different class and shown why he’s so highly rated by Chelsea, and previously by Arsenal. Hopefully we can get him for another season’s loan since he really is a game changer on his day.
Alternative Player of the Season on 22:21 - May 5 with 1281 viewsTrumptonBlue

Wes. I love Wes.
Alternative Player of the Season on 22:22 - May 5 with 1272 viewsBlue_Heath

I think the whole team deserve it as they are exactly that a team, where the sum of all parts is far greater than that of the individual. McKenna deserves enormous credit for keeping everyone happy, I cannot recall one player moaning about not playing. We will need to add more quality next year but this group of lads are something special.
Login to get fewer ads

Alternative Player of the Season on 22:54 - May 5 with 1186 viewsVegtablue

Boring choice mine, given he's already been recognized in the Champ Team of the Season, but this thread feels incomplete without a mention for Leif. Head and shoulders the best LB in the league, he's also the one I've most feared injury to, perhaps besides Morsy (by a whisker).

So many deserving mentions above though including yours.
Alternative Player of the Season on 08:31 - May 6 with 947 viewsITFCson

It shows how well so many have performed this season when Leif, despite breaking all kinds of assists records is barely ever mentioned in the conversation about player of the year
Alternative Player of the Season on 08:46 - May 6 with 894 viewsbobbyramsey

Alternative Player of the Season on 21:30 - May 5 by Jimmy86

Statue for for Cam after the Coventry goal....
Alternative Player of the Season on 08:47 - May 6 with 886 viewssurreyblue

Big shout out too to the squad players who haven't necessarily done loads on the pitch. The likes of Harness, Ladapo, Humphries, Walton, Jackson.

The togetherness of the squad has been incredible and it is so easy for a handful of players who are annoyed at not getting much game time to ruin that atmosphere. They have been so professional off the pitch and when called upon they have stepped up to the plate. Whether they remain at the club after the summer is to be seen, but they will always have a place in Ipswich folklore.
Alternative Player of the Season on 09:31 - May 6 with 800 viewsMeadowlark

I refer you to my post of August 2nd:

"I think I prefer Hladky to Walton.
Both probably have gaffs in their lockers, but I think Hladky is better with the ball at his feet. I know he nearly messed up in the tournament last week, but that's out of his system now.
We should have no concerns if Walton is out for a week or two. No more than if Walton was in goal anyway."
Alternative Player of the Season on 09:55 - May 6 with 750 viewsnorfsufblue

I just can't pick one... they all back each other and are all vital cogs in a Swiss timepiece of a team, even those that barely got a game! Would Vas have had the season he had without knowing what Walton produced the year before and you can be sure our three keepers all pushed each other to the max but it all produced a super confident season for Vas.
I love em all!
Alternative Player of the Season on 10:07 - May 6 with 726 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Alternative Player of the Season on 09:31 - May 6 by Meadowlark

I refer you to my post of August 2nd:

"I think I prefer Hladky to Walton.
Both probably have gaffs in their lockers, but I think Hladky is better with the ball at his feet. I know he nearly messed up in the tournament last week, but that's out of his system now.
We should have no concerns if Walton is out for a week or two. No more than if Walton was in goal anyway."

I think you were probably the first to make that call so openly.

I was worried, going into the season with Walton injured. Hladky has improved the most of all our players under McKenna.
Alternative Player of the Season on 10:39 - May 6 with 650 viewsAsa

Alternative Player of the Season on 21:24 - May 5 by Perublue

When we had Chalobah and Maitland-Niles I didn’t see either of them ever going on to be first team
players for massive teams like Chelsea or Arsenal at any stage. Yes they were really young and had glimpses of quality but they looked like hoarded youngsters amongst a load of similar players not ones who’d make that step up.

Omari looks like he did what they did over 3-5 seasons in one! He looked raw, undisciplined positionally and like an impact player at best in the first few months of the seasons and has turned into the best player in the whole division in the last 6-8 weeks.
Alternative Player of the Season on 10:56 - May 6 with 619 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Wes for me.

Our win percentage when he wasn’t playing speaks volumes for me.

Poll: Our final position

Alternative Player of the Season on 11:09 - May 6 with 577 viewstractorshark

Hladcky, Burgess, Hutchinson would all feature in my top 5 with Morsy and Davis numbers 1 and 2.

Hladcky was the most surprising success story of the season for me. When I heard Walton was injured, it was crushing but Hladcky has been outstanding bar the odd error which most keepers will make.

Burgess has just been outstanding all season. His contribution was summed up by how much we missed him when he didn’t play. Won everything in the air and his passing has massively improved.

Hutchinson is probably the player of the year from February onwards. Genuinely electric player and a proper game changer. He has looked unplayable in the last few games. We must get him back on loan.
Alternative Player of the Season on 11:25 - May 6 with 545 viewsKropotkin123

If I couldn't give my POTS to Morsy, I'd do a tactical foul and give my POTS to Morsy.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024