Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This 15 years thing 11:40 - May 6 with 1306 viewsBobbychase

Wandering into the Lower North on Saturday, heard the "15 years, who give a f.." song for the first time, very good.

And then I started thinking about how the number 15 was arrived at, and the overall desperation and tinpot nature of it.

They're counting back to 2009. That'll be the season we helped kick them through the trapdoor into League One, where they spent a season while we were in the Championship - so we didn't play each other.
Then there are their yo-yo years when they were in the Prem and we were in the Champ. Then there are also the years we were in League One and they were in the Prem or Champ, so we never played them, but those seasons still count apparently.

A mate of mine spoke to a Norwich fan he works with yesterday, and asked him if this season will be added to the list, even if Norwich fail in the play offs. Yes, he said, because we still didn't beat them.

So let's understand that fully. If we go up, earning £100m plus in the process, with the most talented and highly-rated young manager in the country, plans afoot to expand the stadium, an average crowd of 29,000 and a waiting list for season tickets, ambitious, wealthy owners and our academy poised to move from Cat Two to Cat One, and they stay down as the parachute money runs out and their best players get cherry-picked by other clubs, it's still part of their era of being number one.

Am I missing something or is that truly, truly desperate.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

This 15 years thing on 16:19 - May 6 with 1028 viewsNBVJohn

The only factor that you might have overlooked is that several games ended as a draw.
This 15 years thing on 16:54 - May 6 with 914 viewsTMWWNGAS

This might be slightly wrong but prob not far out.

2023 24 N D
2022 23 no fixture
2021 22 no fixture
2020 21 no fixture
2019 20 no fixture
2018 19 N D
2017 18 N D
2016 17 D D
2015 16 no fixture
2014 15 N D N N
2013 14 no fixture
2012 13 no fixture
2011 12 no fixture
2010 11 N N
2009 10 April 2009 w

15 years
8 Norwich wins
6 Draws
8 no fixture

So yeah we've not beaten them for 15 years... we've also not played the in nearly half that time!
This 15 years thing on 17:09 - May 6 with 844 viewsStewart27

Norwich have little significance and no history to boot.

Therefore they rely on making up a history and now they seemingly have created the 15 year cup.

A cup that's mainly based on a series of draws and non participation. I knew Norwich liked to celebrate participation. But non participation is tragic even for them.
This 15 years thing on 17:15 - May 6 with 823 viewsFoD_Blue

Hopefully they can make it a 16 year run next season by not getting promoted.
This 15 years thing on 18:29 - May 6 with 715 views_clive_baker_

Feck them. Literally all they have isn’t it? The trophy cabinet is bare, the history doesn’t even remotely compare. The present is with us and frankly the future looks to be too. However you cut it they’ve got absolutely nothing. They’re desperately clinging on to the 15 years thing despite 6 of the last 10 derbies being draws in their so called period of dominance. They parked the bus at Portman Road this season and we battered them, how they got away with a point I’ll never know.

We’ve outgrown them again, as this club has so often has over the years. They’ve got a tiny club mentality and they’re completely vanilla, they’ve never done anything of note in their whole history.

Feck em, we’re on to bigger and better things and leaving them in our dust.
This 15 years thing on 19:16 - May 6 with 593 viewsyellowrider120

This 15 years thing on 18:29 - May 6 by _clive_baker_

Feck them. Literally all they have isn’t it? The trophy cabinet is bare, the history doesn’t even remotely compare. The present is with us and frankly the future looks to be too. However you cut it they’ve got absolutely nothing. They’re desperately clinging on to the 15 years thing despite 6 of the last 10 derbies being draws in their so called period of dominance. They parked the bus at Portman Road this season and we battered them, how they got away with a point I’ll never know.

We’ve outgrown them again, as this club has so often has over the years. They’ve got a tiny club mentality and they’re completely vanilla, they’ve never done anything of note in their whole history.

Feck em, we’re on to bigger and better things and leaving them in our dust.

If you actually bother to research the past FORTY years (!) you will soon discover that our league position has been vastly superior to yours. Not 'every' season I admit (even a broken clock is correct twice in a 24 hour period) but for the majority of that time we have been in the ascendancy. That is a FACT. Sorry to spoil your obsession but do try and keep up.
This 15 years thing on 19:22 - May 6 with 547 views_clive_baker_

This 15 years thing on 19:16 - May 6 by yellowrider120

If you actually bother to research the past FORTY years (!) you will soon discover that our league position has been vastly superior to yours. Not 'every' season I admit (even a broken clock is correct twice in a 24 hour period) but for the majority of that time we have been in the ascendancy. That is a FACT. Sorry to spoil your obsession but do try and keep up.

Now say it without crying.

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE
[Post edited 6 May 19:22]
This 15 years thing on 19:39 - May 6 with 493 viewsLamp

This 15 years thing on 19:16 - May 6 by yellowrider120

To counter that and to take another arbitrary period to make a point- in the past 25 years we’ve played in more European games than you have in your entire history. But you stick with the dominance narrative.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024