Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. 14:00 - May 6 with 1678 viewsMiaow

We (my dad and I) came up from CO9 and it’s been such a good experience. So many people of all ages coming out to celebrate.

What a team, what a season. Absolutely brilliant.

I’m not familiar with most of Ipswich so it was good to see some new bits. Walking through Christchurch Park was lovely. Now in The Greyhound with a pint of Mosaic. 🍺

🔵⚪️

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 15:38 - May 6 with 1419 viewsDeepBlueSea

I too had not really set foot in Christchurch Park before, it’s actually pretty lovely. And as you say very well attended, a sea of blue.

I don’t think the singsongs were that great though, it works a lot less well outside of a stadium.
I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 16:51 - May 6 with 1221 viewsFoD_Blue

I am originally from Halstead, and left the area when I was 18. My only knowledge of Ipswich as a town was the walk between the station and Portman Road. I had never had any cause to go into Ipswich, other than match day.

I now live in Gloucestershire and have a Town season ticket (since last season, it was a bucket list thing for me to finally get one). On match days, we always park near christchurch Park and walk through the town on our way to the ground. It's not a bad town, and is a lot better than some of the areas we have visited on our away travels following the team.

It is also probably one of the best located football grounds in the country, with plenty of decent pubs nearby and not too far from the station or the main access roads.
I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 17:05 - May 6 with 1160 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 16:51 - May 6 by FoD_Blue

I am originally from Halstead, and left the area when I was 18. My only knowledge of Ipswich as a town was the walk between the station and Portman Road. I had never had any cause to go into Ipswich, other than match day.

I now live in Gloucestershire and have a Town season ticket (since last season, it was a bucket list thing for me to finally get one). On match days, we always park near christchurch Park and walk through the town on our way to the ground. It's not a bad town, and is a lot better than some of the areas we have visited on our away travels following the team.

It is also probably one of the best located football grounds in the country, with plenty of decent pubs nearby and not too far from the station or the main access roads.

It’s not a bad town at all. Not as good as it used to be, but where is. As you say, it’s better than many places we go to on away days. I’m not sure why so many people complain about it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 18:42 - May 6 with 1018 views_clive_baker_

I’ve always said it and it’s a hill I’m prepared to die on, by any standards Christchurch park is a bloody nice public space. Really well maintained and such a good spot. Nice part of town too, especially for someone like me who likes medieval and Victorian architecture.
I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 18:51 - May 6 with 962 viewsChurchman

I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 18:42 - May 6 by _clive_baker_

I’ve always said it and it’s a hill I’m prepared to die on, by any standards Christchurch park is a bloody nice public space. Really well maintained and such a good spot. Nice part of town too, especially for someone like me who likes medieval and Victorian architecture.

It’s a lovely park. My grandparents lived 5 minutes walk from it and it was the place to walk their dreadful dog called Chum.

Aside from trying to take the seat out of the postman’s trousers once a day, Chum was forever running off once it hit the park. It had a friend wired haired terrier in the town and used to pay visits to it, then get the bus back on its own. Unbelievable, but actually true.

I was scared to death of it.
I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 18:52 - May 6 with 959 viewsMK1

It was our last ever promotion, so glad everyone went along.
I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 19:05 - May 6 with 895 viewsNthQldITFC

I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 18:42 - May 6 by _clive_baker_

Would you mind not dying on the hill on which I do my sledging if you're planning on popping off in the winter? Unless you're a handy ramp shape and nice and slippery.

It's a gorgeous park with some gorgeous trees and I quite often make use of the tennis courts there too.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 19:35 - May 6 with 824 views_clive_baker_

I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 19:05 - May 6 by NthQldITFC

Would you mind not dying on the hill on which I do my sledging if you're planning on popping off in the winter? Unless you're a handy ramp shape and nice and slippery.

It's a gorgeous park with some gorgeous trees and I quite often make use of the tennis courts there too.

The tennis courts up there are decent, nice little spot, albeit I’ve not used them for a number of years. I’m a fan of the Woolpack pub and Greyhound too so it’s a great location if you want a post game refreshment. I had my first snog in that little red brick tunnel near those tennis courts. Not sure my technique was quite peak Henman serve and volley territory, but we live and learn don’t we?
[Post edited 6 May 19:39]
Login to get fewer ads

I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 19:43 - May 6 with 785 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 19:05 - May 6 by NthQldITFC

TWTD. I more often went over Rushmere Heath, as it was around the corner for a Heath Lane Massive boy (nobody ever said that at the time, or since). But Christchurch always looked good. Back then though our parents didn’t drive us around everywhere, so it would have long walk in the snow dragging a homemade wooden sledge.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 19:57 - May 6 with 741 viewssolemio

My two favourite parks are Christchurch Park and Verulamium Park, St Albans.
I hope the former still looks great in the daffodil season; it certainly used to.
I’m so glad I came along for the parade today. on 20:01 - May 6 with 718 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep, I've always said this too, it's a lovely space and very underrated outside Ipswich. Grew up 15 mins' walk away and so many memories there – tennis, football, sledging down the hill, just going out for a walk, the occasional underage drink. A little gutted not to have made it back up there today but after devoting Friday, Saturday and half of Sunday to all this I was very much out of capital domestically ... it looked wonderful and hope everyone present remembers it forever.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024