Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Use of the expression “worth a punt.” 13:15 - May 7 with 391 viewsBlueNomad

I doubt we will take any “punts”, everything will be worked out with purpose.
Use of the expression “worth a punt.” on 13:26 - May 7 with 335 viewsTangledupin_Blue

A 'punt' at this level is likely to cost several hundreds of thousands of ££, even when no transfer fee is involved. Maybe into seven figures with agents, signing on fees, wages etc.

But I daresay we'll see it used with regard to several miscellaneous journeymen over the coming months.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Use of the expression “worth a punt.” on 13:31 - May 7 with 315 viewsSheffordBlue

I think when people talk about 'taking a punt' they are often really talking about calculated risk and we've done some of that. There are quite a few different categories of this including:

Player who has 'done it at lower levels' but might not make the step up or continue to develop - e.g Ahadme, Al-Hamadi are examples of these.
Player with injury history who might be coming out of that - e.g Luongo
Player with 'issues' who we might be able to get back focussed fully on football - e.g Williams.
Player who has stagnated who we might get going again

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Use of the expression “worth a punt.” on 13:45 - May 7 with 271 viewsSwansea_Blue

Al-Hamadi is a good example of taking a punt. You never know for sure whether signings like him will work out.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024