Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong anyone? 16:06 - May 7 with 1665 viewsBellevue_Blue

Really enjoyed watching him this year and he certainly gave our boys a decent test in both matches.

21 in June. 39 apps, 3 goals, 3 assists but offers so much more than goal scoring. Pretty good hold up play, can run in behind and feels like he fits our system well.

Would be available for presumably a few million? 2/3 should probably get it done and would be a great long term piece if next year didn't go as we all hope.

Would be excited to see what McKenna could do with him if given the time.
Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 16:16 - May 7 with 1577 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Agree he looked a handful against us for sure, mainly at their place. But is he really premier league quality? Well only have a 25 man squad so can’t afford to carry any passengers who aren’t quite ready yet.
Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 16:17 - May 7 with 1572 viewsBiGDonnie

No thanks. We'll be looking for much better than a bit part youngster from the Championship.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 16:26 - May 7 with 1493 viewsdavblue

Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 16:16 - May 7 by Matt_Netherlands

Agree he looked a handful against us for sure, mainly at their place. But is he really premier league quality? Well only have a 25 man squad so can’t afford to carry any passengers who aren’t quite ready yet.

someone will take a punt on him because of his raw attributes but im not convinced he's that good.

Think he will be one that potentially gets his game together at 25/26 but i wouldn't bank on it either, he could quite easily be in league 2 by that time.
Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 16:28 - May 7 with 1462 viewsSmithersJones

I’ve seen QPR a few times this season (Leeds at home was particularly pleasing) and have mates who are season ticket holders. By all accounts his performance against us in the game at Loftus Road was an outlier.
Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 16:33 - May 7 with 1425 viewshype313

Nope, he had one good game this season, against us.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 17:07 - May 7 with 1302 viewsBellevue_Blue

Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 16:16 - May 7 by Matt_Netherlands

But the ethos of this entire two year journey has been to bring players on and improve them. If we only go after 'premier league quality' we are going to be outpriced by the vast majority of the lower/ mid table prem clubs.

Additionally we only play with one striker (although that may change!) so we need new players who are happy to potentially be bit part players as we rotate maybe 3?
Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 17:24 - May 7 with 1176 viewstractorboy1978

Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 17:07 - May 7 by Bellevue_Blue

But the ethos of this entire two year journey has been to bring players on and improve them. If we only go after 'premier league quality' we are going to be outpriced by the vast majority of the lower/ mid table prem clubs.

Additionally we only play with one striker (although that may change!) so we need new players who are happy to potentially be bit part players as we rotate maybe 3?

Bloke is barely good enough for the Championship though, let alone the PL.
Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 17:34 - May 7 with 1124 viewsTresBonne

Our fans have an unhealthy obsession with Sinclair Armstrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 17:38 - May 7 with 1104 viewsNutkins_Return

Really poor output numbers. He's strong and physically has good attributes. But he doesn't score goals or make many does he? We've already got better.

We'll be looking and better profiles than him. Would have been a good signing 2 years ago in League 1. Not saying he's L1, more that he would have been good then and someone that can progress up with us.
Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 17:49 - May 7 with 1066 viewsDubtractor

Honestly thought he looked quite poor in the game at PR. Loads of running and effort, but very little quality indeed.

Miles off Premier league standard.

I didn't see the away game, so appreciate others may have seen something in him there.
[Post edited 7 May 17:50]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 17:52 - May 7 with 1046 viewsBluecasp

Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 17:49 - May 7 by Dubtractor

Honestly thought he looked quite poor in the game at PR. Loads of running and effort, but very little quality indeed.

Miles off Premier league standard.

I didn't see the away game, so appreciate others may have seen something in him there.
[Post edited 7 May 17:50]

Crikey, we need to be aiming a lot higher than him. He can't even get a regular start for QPR.
Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 18:27 - May 7 with 939 viewsExiled2Surrey

I think Al Hamadi is the incumbent in the “raw young bolter” berth, and that is before we get to Ahadme
Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 18:56 - May 7 with 828 viewssmithy69

Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 16:17 - May 7 by BiGDonnie

No thanks. We'll be looking for much better than a bit part youngster from the Championship.

Hutchinson wouldn’t have even been described as this before the season. Mckenna can work magic with anyone so I wouldn’t write him off
Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 18:59 - May 7 with 812 viewsBloomBlue

Hard to say how much he's worth. QPR got £17million for a very raw Eberechi Eze when they sold him to Palace in 2020 after rejecting a £12million offer. Many at QPR see Armstrong at the same raw level as Eze at a similar age. Obviously QPR are maybe more desperate for money now, but they will know Prem teams are viewed as even (more) richer now then in 2020.
Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 21:54 - May 7 with 567 viewslazyblue

Premier league quality?? No.
Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 21:55 - May 7 with 561 viewsArchiRob

Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 16:33 - May 7 by hype313

Nope, he had one good game this season, against us.

I thought Asante at West Brom looked a Beast a few times I have seen him and still relatively raw

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Sinclair Armstrong anyone? on 22:05 - May 7 with 517 viewscressi

Only way we would be interested is we bought to loan out say back to QPR his definitely not premiership level a poor man's Ali Hamidi
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024