Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Give these boys a chance 18:03 - May 7 with 1214 viewsChocorange

Keep signings to 2 or 3 , sign ( or loan again) the loan players from this season if you can.

But in the main , give the players that have achieved these superb back to back promotions their chance in the Premier League.

They get it , they know the club, they know what McKenna wants, they know their teammates strengths and where they want the ball, they know about the fitness requirements and most of all they have togetherness and phenomenal team spirit! That the club is greater than any one individual.

The last club that had a similar team spirit and were a team that had no big stars when they went up were Sheffield United and they finished 9th in their first season and just behind Arsenal.
Give these boys a chance on 18:20 - May 7 with 1132 viewsDarkBrandon

They signed 10 players and a further 5 in Jan, two costing over £20m

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Sheffield_United_F.C._season#Trans
[Post edited 7 May 18:21]
Give these boys a chance on 18:20 - May 7 with 1124 viewswrightsrightglove

It’ll be another evolution of our squad this window, same as it has been in our previous few windows, but to a larger extent than before.

Keeping hold of Sarmiento and Hutchinson will improve our permanent squad but with the benefit of providing consistency in personnel and having players who can hit the ground running.

I agree that a lot of the players deserve the chance to call themselves premier league players and I’m sure that they will but it’ll just mean some of the first team players moving to squad players rather than starting every week.

Sarmiento, Hutchinson and 4-5 more players (including two loans if Hutchinson and Sarmiento can be brought in permanently)
Give these boys a chance on 18:21 - May 7 with 1116 viewsNutkins_Return

Behave. 2-3 signings!? The sentiment of giving a lot of the squad an opportunity is good and the bulk will get a chance but we'll need a minimum of 6-7 incomings. If I was a betting man 8 first team signings.

There is a group of players who need to play football and it's no good for their careers to be sat on bench or not making squads. They will go with the heads held high and as absolute heroes and to great moves.

Likes of Harness, Jackson, Ball, one of the keepers. Aluko gone. Williams was in the 25. That's 6 to replace. I hope Edmundson stays as he can still get better at his age but might decide to go. Then all the loans who we either re-sign or need to replace.
Give these boys a chance on 18:29 - May 7 with 1057 viewsjoepublic

I believe we are now only allowed 2 loan signing at any one time and four total across the season.
What we do about OH & JS will be very interesting.
Those two loan places will be vital as we will need Premier league quality/stardust/experience at a price we can afford.

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

Give these boys a chance on 18:30 - May 7 with 1048 viewsLeoMuff

Give these boys a chance on 18:21 - May 7 by Nutkins_Return

Behave. 2-3 signings!? The sentiment of giving a lot of the squad an opportunity is good and the bulk will get a chance but we'll need a minimum of 6-7 incomings. If I was a betting man 8 first team signings.

There is a group of players who need to play football and it's no good for their careers to be sat on bench or not making squads. They will go with the heads held high and as absolute heroes and to great moves.

Likes of Harness, Jackson, Ball, one of the keepers. Aluko gone. Williams was in the 25. That's 6 to replace. I hope Edmundson stays as he can still get better at his age but might decide to go. Then all the loans who we either re-sign or need to replace.

Agree we will keep a core of first team but we will see quite a few new faces.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Give these boys a chance on 18:30 - May 7 with 1050 viewsWakh

We will be losing 9 or 10 players I would imagine. If we aren’t going to replace them with better than we have we just as well keep them all.
Give these boys a chance on 18:45 - May 7 with 974 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I take the sentiment. But we are gonna need 5/6 quality starters probably.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Give these boys a chance on 18:56 - May 7 with 890 viewsGlory_Hunter

Give these boys a chance on 18:21 - May 7 by Nutkins_Return

7 sounds about right to me.

Along the lines of a GK, CB, 2 FB, MF, Attacking MF and a F.

We've already found ourselves short when injuries have occurred so quality cover will be vital even for those who are considered good enough for the extra step-up.
Login to get fewer ads

Give these boys a chance on 20:04 - May 7 with 731 viewsTrequartista

Give these boys a chance on 18:20 - May 7 by DarkBrandon

They signed 10 players and a further 5 in Jan, two costing over £20m

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Sheffield_United_F.C._season#Trans
[Post edited 7 May 18:21]

£20m for Oli McBurnie!

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Give these boys a chance on 13:55 - May 8 with 383 viewshenryblue

2-3 signings? Bye bye Premier League 👋
Give these boys a chance on 13:59 - May 8 with 361 viewsBiGDonnie

We've got loads out of contract, you want us to replace them?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024