Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail 10:25 - May 8 with 1439 viewsAsa

In a great big, banter-era sized coffin?

At Coventry I felt sick for parts of the game. Pretty much everyone around me was a total mess. When the goals went in and when the whistle went there were top tier limbs and the scenes afterwards will live with me forever just like Barnsley last season, Bolton at home, Wembley.

But on Saturday as the teams ran out. Nothing. No nerves. No sick feeling. No jeopardy. Just this completely unlikely calm and absolute confidence that this team and this manager and these fans would not disappoint. It was done. It was just a matter of time. Never in my time supporting Town have I ever felt that. I feel apprehensive before an end of season encounter when we are guaranteed 12th!

So for all the rubbish that went on before. That's done.

Good riddance banter era. No a single crumb of that time remains.
Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 10:32 - May 8 with 1354 viewsNutkins_Return

Pretty much summed up my feelings at the Cov game and then watching the game on TV Sat. Maybe when we missed a few big chances against Huddersfield a few worried thoughts but felt confident it was coming and come it did!!

Just going to to try and enjoy next season whatever comes. I hope if things don't go completely as we hope next year we don't let it diminish what the staff and players have done.
Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 10:33 - May 8 with 1349 viewshomer_123

99.9% - remember - we are still paying off a certain managers contract.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 10:35 - May 8 with 1338 viewsslade1

I had a few nerves on leading up to Saturday but also very quietly confident.
Once the game had kicked off and especially after 5 minutes it was pretty obvious that it was going to be our day
Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 10:55 - May 8 with 1232 viewsbsw72

The run up to Saturday I was the same, pangs of nerves etc, but as they kicked off it all felt strangely calm and no nerves, I never had a doubt from that point onwards. Under KM it felt completely under control, and they would just get it done.
Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 10:58 - May 8 with 1203 viewsAsa

Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 10:55 - May 8 by bsw72

The run up to Saturday I was the same, pangs of nerves etc, but as they kicked off it all felt strangely calm and no nerves, I never had a doubt from that point onwards. Under KM it felt completely under control, and they would just get it done.

Exactly.

Have never known that.
Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 12:36 - May 8 with 986 viewsFunge

A good mate of mine is Hudders, and was down with a few mates for the weekend.

I was bricking it before the game on Sat - one of the 'udders lot made the very valid point that the game was basically a Prem team vs a L1 team - he thought a draw would be a huge upset, and so it proved.

Koroma had that shot over the top on about 83 mins; Walton fell on a very weak header on perhaps 91 mins - that really was it from them

Don't think I really started to 'relax' until the stoppage time board went up; a manifestation of all that emotional scarring, going back to Keane. We, as fans, have the scarring - this team definitely don't.
Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 12:39 - May 8 with 958 viewsvilanovablue

Same here used all my nerves up against Cov and just strange calm on Saturday and the goals just felt like a matter of time.
Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 12:48 - May 8 with 911 viewscarlisleaway

Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 12:39 - May 8 by vilanovablue

Same here used all my nerves up against Cov and just strange calm on Saturday and the goals just felt like a matter of time.

Coventry was my Barnsley and the way we celebrated was just elation. Made me laugh when the stewards said hadn’t we a home to go back to. Hull in a similar way but just shows you what an important point that was.
Login to get fewer ads

Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 12:58 - May 8 with 837 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The stakes didn’t feel as high to me this year - I’ve loved the Championship, utterly bonkers and competitive league. Last year was the overwhelming dread of failure, and another season of Wycombe, Fleetwood, and teams bringing 300 fans and a dog to PR.

Banter Era died with the takeover - these are serious people with a serious plan.
Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 13:03 - May 8 with 808 viewschicoazul

I closed the Banter Era last season after promotion and we returned to our usual state.
The final Banter Era stat; Luke Woolfenden played for 8 Ipswich managers with Klug managing him twice.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 13:22 - May 8 with 700 viewsFunge

Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 13:03 - May 8 by chicoazul

I closed the Banter Era last season after promotion and we returned to our usual state.
The final Banter Era stat; Luke Woolfenden played for 8 Ipswich managers with Klug managing him twice.

Thanks for clarifying mon ami

This is a strange, brave new world we find ourselves in.
Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 13:26 - May 8 with 675 viewschicoazul

Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 13:22 - May 8 by Funge

Thanks for clarifying mon ami

This is a strange, brave new world we find ourselves in.

Not sure how happy I feel bubalah. I was looking forwards to a few seasons in and around the Champ playoffs failing heroically in a Burley style. This ruthless efficiency excellent play and endless ambition is very discombobulating.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 13:52 - May 8 with 596 viewsKropotkin123

No, I can't.

Our club has been out of the banter era for at least two years. Hence why we achieved 98 and 96 points two seasons running.

Same goes for off the pitch, completely professional, nothing left to chance. Improvements abound - Stadium, TownTV, Pitch, Sponsorship, etc.
[Post edited 8 May 13:54]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Can we now all agree that Saturday was the final nail on 13:57 - May 8 with 556 viewsEuropablue

It ended the minute we we had serious football men in charge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024