Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ah, Sunak is doing so well 09:15 - May 9 with 1121 viewsElderGrizzly

And Sky are still pushing the hung parliament line 🙄

[Post edited 9 May 9:21]
Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 11:02 - May 9 with 983 viewsTrequartista

Extrapolating a general election result from a local election result was dumb as you have inferred, but equally dumb to suggest the LibDem vote will shrink to 9% and yet gain 36 seats.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 11:19 - May 9 with 949 viewsvilanovablue

Now as unpopular as Truss
Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 11:21 - May 9 with 941 viewsHerbivore

If they hadn't got Natalie Elphicke to defect they might only have a 29 point lead. Definitely worth debasing themselves over.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 11:23 - May 9 with 925 viewsGeoffSentence

I honestly think it would be bad for the country for any party to have that sort of majority.

That said, it is almost certainly overstating the margin of victory.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 11:54 - May 9 with 863 viewsElderGrizzly

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 11:23 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

I honestly think it would be bad for the country for any party to have that sort of majority.

That said, it is almost certainly overstating the margin of victory.

Agree, majority will be more 350 with Tories on 90-100 if average of polling is believed.
Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 11:54 - May 9 with 860 viewsElderGrizzly

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 11:02 - May 9 by Trequartista

Extrapolating a general election result from a local election result was dumb as you have inferred, but equally dumb to suggest the LibDem vote will shrink to 9% and yet gain 36 seats.

The weirdness of our FPTP system, it could result in that if tactical voting is used well.
Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 12:04 - May 9 with 826 viewsGeoffSentence

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 11:54 - May 9 by ElderGrizzly

The weirdness of our FPTP system, it could result in that if tactical voting is used well.

It is a daming indictment of our electoral system that people end up voting against who they think is the worst option rather than voting for their preferred option.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 12:25 - May 9 with 766 viewsvilanovablue

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 12:04 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

It is a daming indictment of our electoral system that people end up voting against who they think is the worst option rather than voting for their preferred option.

If you live in the south east, historically you haven't had much choice!
Login to get fewer ads

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 12:26 - May 9 with 765 viewsDanTheMan

I had to do this in our East Mids mayor election. I ended up voting Labour not because I thought they were the best candidate but because I thought it might have been tight between everyone else and then the Conservative candidate.

Probably the one thing I agree with Richard Tice about is that our electoral system is incredibly outdated.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 12:34 - May 9 with 718 viewsHerbivore

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 12:26 - May 9 by DanTheMan

I had to do this in our East Mids mayor election. I ended up voting Labour not because I thought they were the best candidate but because I thought it might have been tight between everyone else and then the Conservative candidate.

Probably the one thing I agree with Richard Tice about is that our electoral system is incredibly outdated.

Likewise, I held my nose and voted Labour for the PCC in Norfolk as the only means to stop the Tory candidate from winning. I voted Green in the locals.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 13:09 - May 9 with 640 viewsgeg1992

Agreed. I can't say I completely agree with Labour, but I'll be voting for them purely to get the Tories out. The better of the two rather than who I'd vote for.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 13:16 - May 9 with 607 viewsElderGrizzly

East Cambs has been Tory for God knows how long and this election could mean we finally get rid of Lucy Frazer.

It might mean voting Labour instead of Lib Dem, but that is what a lot locally are prepared to do.
Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 13:24 - May 9 with 564 viewsbaxterbasics

As unimpressive a Sunak is, it's not really him that's the problem. The brand is damaged, 1997 style.

A resurrected Ghandi or Princess Di could take over and they'd still be finished.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 15:06 - May 9 with 475 viewsPendejo

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 13:24 - May 9 by baxterbasics

As unimpressive a Sunak is, it's not really him that's the problem. The brand is damaged, 1997 style.

A resurrected Ghandi or Princess Di could take over and they'd still be finished.

He hasn't exactly helped himself either, other than to tax payers cash.

When he got in he used many key words, none of which proved substantive.

As for Reform UK... AKA REFUK! How apt.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 15:14 - May 9 with 460 viewsBlueschev

Ah, Sunak is doing so well on 13:09 - May 9 by geg1992

Agreed. I can't say I completely agree with Labour, but I'll be voting for them purely to get the Tories out. The better of the two rather than who I'd vote for.

I'd use the phrase less worse rather than better. But I'll no doubt vote for Labour at the next election.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024