Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Formation next season 14:23 - May 10 with 911 viewsPinewoodblue

How much impact would it have on our style of play if we went 3 at the back with wing backs?

Could we tighten up our defence without harming our attacking style.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Formation next season on 14:26 - May 10 with 893 viewsHerbivore

We play a bit of a hybrid system anyway where the right back tucks in to make a back three with Burns effectively becoming a wing back. I don't want to see us change too much to be honest as I think it'd be to our detriment. We showed away from home last season that we can be a defensively solid side with good shape, at home we were very gung ho and we'll have to temper that a bit next season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Formation next season on 15:07 - May 10 with 805 viewsburnbudgiesburn

My main concern next season is lack of pace, though I think technically all of our defenders on the books can do a job at the highest level. None of them are carthorses who just punt it upfield.
Formation next season on 15:58 - May 10 with 689 viewsdirtyboy

Formation next season on 14:26 - May 10 by Herbivore

We play a bit of a hybrid system anyway where the right back tucks in to make a back three with Burns effectively becoming a wing back. I don't want to see us change too much to be honest as I think it'd be to our detriment. We showed away from home last season that we can be a defensively solid side with good shape, at home we were very gung ho and we'll have to temper that a bit next season.

You're right and I think the difference next season I think will simply be that we'll play the 'away' way at home.

Just tighter, more patient, more concentration for longer periods and need a little luck up top.

I think Sarmiento and Hutchinson type players will be key to getting in the box and I wonder if VAT could actually help us with the way those two play with the ball so close.....I wonder....
Formation next season on 16:24 - May 10 with 633 viewsHerbivore

Formation next season on 15:58 - May 10 by dirtyboy

You're right and I think the difference next season I think will simply be that we'll play the 'away' way at home.

Just tighter, more patient, more concentration for longer periods and need a little luck up top.

I think Sarmiento and Hutchinson type players will be key to getting in the box and I wonder if VAT could actually help us with the way those two play with the ball so close.....I wonder....

Think VAT could give us that extra 20%.

Yeah, agree that we will modify the approach slightly, I reckon somewhere between our away and home performances this season will be where we'll pitch it at home and then away just try and carry on with what's worked this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Formation next season on 16:57 - May 10 with 542 viewsdirtyboy

Formation next season on 16:24 - May 10 by Herbivore

Think VAT could give us that extra 20%.

Yeah, agree that we will modify the approach slightly, I reckon somewhere between our away and home performances this season will be where we'll pitch it at home and then away just try and carry on with what's worked this season.

Ha! very good, I'm assuming it was a freudian slip given i'm a bean counter by trade lol!
Formation next season on 17:04 - May 10 with 518 viewsMK1

Same system, just a sprinkle of new recruits.
Formation next season on 19:51 - May 10 with 411 viewsJon_456

Formation next season on 15:07 - May 10 by burnbudgiesburn

My main concern next season is lack of pace, though I think technically all of our defenders on the books can do a job at the highest level. None of them are carthorses who just punt it upfield.

Yeah I fear Chaplin and Broadhead won’t be as effective as no doubt we’re going to have to try and play a more counter attacking style next season. If we could start with burns, omari and someone like Jack Clarke making up the 3 behind the striker I’d be feeling a lot more confident.

Having said that, I was worried about going into the Championship with Burgess at CB so what do I know.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024